1st person view is not consistent and overall not always on the lvl of character eyes.

+
If you compare 3rd person view with 1st person you can notice there is something not right with 1st in some situations. Like sometimes it is not high as it should be sometimes not low enough.

1a.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

There is something wrong (maybe?) with the head as well for example - mirrors, while looking straight the head is kinda tilted down (but not when you see yourself as Johnny)

3.jpg

3a.jpg

Driving in 1st person mode is not fun when half of the screen is covered cos the view is to low. Kind of strange taking into consideration the game is 1st person perspective focused.

6.jpg

Ps. I get the feeling cars are like to small? That is why we can't see much? I don't know.
Ps.2 Breathtaking:

Breathtaking.jpg

The saddest thing about driving is that these cars have the sickest interior designs...but driving inside is not only uncontrollable...like people above said, you can't see crap

It's because you are looking through a fixed aspect ratio, not actual eyes.. Also note that 1st and 3rd animation sets are completely different sets of animations.. 1st person is positioned differently than 3rd person so your view changes as you switch back and forth. If you look up any game that allows you to switch between 1st and 3rd person you'll find videos and posts of people complaining (or noticing for the first time) the differences between the two. Here's what 3rd person cyberpunk animations actually look like.

on trailer video and when we are on passenger side, I think the view is better and slightly above. I don't understand what they did on the release to be so down on the seat on driver side.

on trailer video and when we are on passenger side, I think the view is better and slightly above. I don't understand what they did on the release to be so down on the seat on driver side.

Because that's where your eyes are on average, but that's not how eyes work. Same with iron sights. When aiming a gun, even if your eyes are behind the sights, that's NOT where you're looking, same with cars.

The world isn't 2d, it's called depth perception.

I would love to unlock a 3rd person view option after completing main story or 100% completion or complete very hard mode 100%. Something :shrug:.

Wonder why can't every car be more like this:

7.jpg

So much better.
Post automatically merged:

This is happening because you don't have a head in first person.

I was so sure the char model was there. Anyway I believe 1st person view should be a little higher.

It's because you are looking through a fixed aspect ratio, not actual eyes.. Also note that 1st and 3rd animation sets are completely different sets of animations.. 1st person is positioned differently than 3rd person so your view changes as you switch back and forth. If you look up any game that allows you to switch between 1st and 3rd person you'll find videos and posts of people complaining (or noticing for the first time) the differences between the two. Here's what 3rd person cyberpunk animations actually look like.

This is freaking hilarious ^^

The saddest thing about driving is that these cars have the sickest interior designs...but driving inside is not only uncontrollable...like people above said, you can't see crap

I rly love how cars look inside and outside. Lots of work went into making them believable.

Driving in first person is the only thing I have problems with, it's just very hard to see anything when you are so low in the seat.

Yeah and I wanted to play the whole game in 1st person perspective for immersion purposes but driving is a big nope.

Last edited:
Actually, it's because the position of the camera in 1st person is too low. It's set at the chin or so. That's why when you talk to people, you tend to look up, as if V was too short even though he's supposed to be the same size as 99% of the NPC's.

Someone on Nexus made a "fix", but it's nothing more than a proof of concept. You can't aim down sights since you're looking through your eyes now instead of your chin.

It also doesn't help that 1st person view is completely wrong, for every game. In real life, in order to see your arms/weapons as you see them in a 1st person game, you would have to shrug your shoulders, scrunch down your neck, pull your elbows tight to your ribs, and basically look like you're mimicking a t-rex.

I wonder if they will just fix some bugs here and there and call it quits. Heard multiplayer is a whole different thing apart from this solo mess.

Nothing to "enjoy" mate. I posted that a few hours ago and I mentioned the problems with it. It's a proof of concept, but it breaks the game entirely.

- You can't aim down the sights of any weapon meaning all you can use are smart guns.
- Sometimes, you see the character's eyes or hair since the camera placement is a bit off. It's like the camera is inside the skull

Nothing to "enjoy" mate. I posted that a few hours ago and I mentioned the problems with it. It's a proof of concept, but it breaks the game entirely.

- You can't aim down the sights of any weapon meaning all you can use are smart guns.
- Sometimes, you see the character's eyes or hair since the camera placement is a bit off. It's like the camera is inside the skull
Actually, hipfire still works fine. Projectiles land dead on with the reticle. The ironsights are off, and I said as much in the description. Even in ironsights the projectiles land dead center in the screen. Snap-to aiming works fine, too.

So, no, it doesn't break the game entirely. Check the comments for yourself, plenty of people are happy with it. It affects one aspect of aiming, and I was honest about that when I uploaded it to the Nexus. I'll be sure to add a warning about the issue with ultrawide displays, though.

Edit: Description's been updated appropriately, "mate". XD

Last edited:
Serious question because i simply know absolutely nothing about development etc

But why in all thats holy is character models and animations so bad? Does all that not need fixed especially if they plan a MP, i mean i dont want to shit on anyone here but they are horrendous, i've seen better from over a decade ago, is it just lack of time and polish?

Brb need to bleach my eyes

But why in all thats holy is character models and animations so bad? Does all that not need fixed especially if they plan a MP, i mean i dont want to shit on anyone here but they are horrendous, i've seen better from over a decade ago, is it just lack of time and polish?

My gut feeling is that the MP will use much less detailed character models than SP.

If you mean in general then: What hte hell are you talking about, the models and some animations are amazing!
If you mean why players 3rd person animation do not work in 1st person game based on that video then the answer is just that—it's 1st person.

1st person oftern you all kinds of trickery like rendering arms and weapon separetely from the world and then add it to the picture after that to prevent weapon clippign trough walls, being distorted by FOV, player can clearly see the weapon and animations etc. And this 1st person models use different animations.

It seems to me Cyberpunk decided they use 3rd person model but "glue" the arms and wepon to the camera (so the player could see the animation clearly in all FOV). Which makes the mess we saw in the video (wonder if the model is distorted because it tries to stick with the camera that is now much further) but for 1st person that is not really an issue.

This is happening because you don't have a head in first person.

That is pretty common for games that uses players model (not just floating camera with arms). Otherwise you would see nose, glasses, hair etc

BTW this is from one mission where I sit inside woman NPC that was driving. Sorry for the quality, I had to increase brightnes.
You can see the eyes are bellow the camera here.
1610026797702.png

I might actually prefer seeing longer hair falling across my screen, the barely visible tip of my nose at the bottom of the screen, glasses and frames across my field of view... etc. Minus the eyeballs of course. That actually gives me bigger impression of being that character instead of just a floating camera.
Able to toggle on and off of course.

Top Bottom