1st person view is not consistent and overall not always on the lvl of character eyes.

+
If you mean in general then: What hte hell are you talking about, the models and some animations are amazing!
If you mean why players 3rd person animation do not work in 1st person game based on that video then the answer is just that—it's 1st person.

1st person oftern you all kinds of trickery like rendering arms and weapon separetely from the world and then add it to the picture after that to prevent weapon clippign trough walls, being distorted by FOV, player can clearly see the weapon and animations etc. And this 1st person models use different animations.

It seems to me Cyberpunk decided they use 3rd person model but "glue" the arms and wepon to the camera (so the player could see the animation clearly in all FOV). Which makes the mess we saw in the video (wonder if the model is distorted because it tries to stick with the camera that is now much further) but for 1st person that is not really an issue.

That is pretty common for games that uses players model (not just floating camera with arms). Otherwise you would see nose, glasses, hair etc

BTW this is from one mission where I sit inside woman NPC that was driving. Sorry for the quality, I had to increase brightnes.
You can see the eyes are bellow the camera here.
View attachment 11132240

I asked in regards to TP, obviously it isnt a TP game and as i said i aint no developer but even still its a horrendous mess and if i was a developer just knowing that would annoy me to hell and hence my question if they still plan MP then wouldn't all that need sorted.

As to the picture, yeah had that also, it happens when/if you die on Panams revenge mission against nash and game spawns you in drivers seat as opposed to passengers

It does definitely seem the view is just so slightly off. Also when I'm in the cars I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. They seem to have wanted to show off their interiors too much and forgot to make them drivable

Nothing to "enjoy" mate. I posted that a few hours ago and I mentioned the problems with it. It's a proof of concept, but it breaks the game entirely.

- You can't aim down the sights of any weapon meaning all you can use are smart guns.
- Sometimes, you see the character's eyes or hair since the camera placement is a bit off. It's like the camera is inside the skull
If you mean in general then: What hte hell are you talking about, the models and some animations are amazing!
If you mean why players 3rd person animation do not work in 1st person game based on that video then the answer is just that—it's 1st person.

1st person oftern you all kinds of trickery like rendering arms and weapon separetely from the world and then add it to the picture after that to prevent weapon clippign trough walls, being distorted by FOV, player can clearly see the weapon and animations etc. And this 1st person models use different animations.

It seems to me Cyberpunk decided they use 3rd person model but "glue" the arms and wepon to the camera (so the player could see the animation clearly in all FOV). Which makes the mess we saw in the video (wonder if the model is distorted because it tries to stick with the camera that is now much further) but for 1st person that is not really an issue.

That is pretty common for games that uses players model (not just floating camera with arms). Otherwise you would see nose, glasses, hair etc

BTW this is from one mission where I sit inside woman NPC that was driving. Sorry for the quality, I had to increase brightnes.
You can see the eyes are bellow the camera here.
View attachment 11132240
Yeah it happens on Panam mission when you reload a game to autosave. Rly creepy.
Post automatically merged:

Nothing to "enjoy" mate. I posted that a few hours ago and I mentioned the problems with it. It's a proof of concept, but it breaks the game entirely.

- You can't aim down the sights of any weapon meaning all you can use are smart guns.
- Sometimes, you see the character's eyes or hair since the camera placement is a bit off. It's like the camera is inside the skull
It does definitely seem the view is just so slightly off. Also when I'm in the cars I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. They seem to have wanted to show off their interiors too much and forgot to make them drivable

And I rly wanted to play my whole game in 1st mode. Driving is rly bad you can't see shit and there are no mirrors so you don't see anything behind the car. 3rd mode in cars and bikes is kinda putting me off. It doesn't fit in the game as long as you don't have proper 3rd mode for the rest of the game imho .

you might be bad if you can't drive in first person. I'm flipping awesome.... until I can't see what's over my hood

you might be bad if you can't drive in first person. I'm flipping awesome.... until I can't see what's over my hood

Maybe. But in most cars I'm sitting to low and I can't see much of the road. And of course most cars are broken and it seems you are driving on ice all the time. Slight tap left and you freaking go off road.

Top Bottom