2/3 Of this "HUGE MAP" isnt even accessible!!!

+
2/3 Of this "HUGE MAP" isnt even accessible!!!

Wtf?! I thought you could go all over this map? Are the only regions you can explore are White Orchard, Vizima, Skellige Isles and that little strip of Kaer Mohen?! I thought they said there were like 6 or more???? What about all that land between Novigrad and Kaer Morhen???? Is that accessible? or is that just for looks to make the map look big? Cause Novigrad isnt even a continent its just a town just like the royal palace is part of vizima. Can someone explain this to me??? am i missing something???

Novigrad is just that city at the top? What about that huuuuuuuuuuuge mass of land in the middle?? u cant even go there??? Novigrad is part of Velen its at the top of the map! Velen/Novigrad is one map zoomed in. Royal Palace (isnt even a map) White Orchard, Kar Moren (small strip of land), Skellige isles....So thats like 2 continents..but when u zoom out u see this HUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge map but those 4 small selectable peices of land are NOTHING COMPARED TO the rest of that map that isnt even fucking accessable!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! fucking false advertisement man....ALL THAT LAND BELOW Royal Palace??? Can u even go down there??!!?

Last edited:
Novigrad is just that city at the top? What about that huuuuuuuuuuuge mass of land in the middle?? u cant even go there??? Novigrad is part of Velen its at the top of the map! Velen/Novigrad is one map zoomed in. Royal Palace (isnt even a map) White Orchard, Kar Moren (small strip of land), Skellige isles....So thats like 2 continents..but when u zoom out u see this HUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge map but those 4 small selectable peices of land are NOTHING COMPARED TO the rest of that map that isnt even fucking accessable!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! fucking false advertisement man....ALL THAT LAND BELOW Royal Palace??? Can u even go down there??!!?

What are you talking about? The map you are talking about is pretty much a menu with 4 options, each one of which is a separate (or connected) map, and two of them huge as hell. Nobody promised you the entire fucking continent! It is like complaining that because GTA5 does not provide you access to the whole fucking Earth, it was a false advertising.

Let me explain a few things to you guys.

(A) The Witcher 3 map is HUGE. It's 3.5x the size of Skyrim's world and 1.5x the size of GTAV.
(B) Scale is a lot more realistic in The Witcher 3 than it was in Skyrim. Skyrim depicted an entire continent that you could cross in 10 hours in-game hours (that's Tamriel 10 hours, not 10 hours of real life time.) Now that's fucking unrealistic. The cities of Novigrad and Oxenfurt are bigger than the biggest cities in Skyrim too.
(C) Scale matters in The Witcher 3. The keyword when describing The Witcher is believable fantasy world. They're not doing the generic fantasy 95% of video-games do. They're trying to create a believable fantasy world that feels realistic. A world where Geralt has a real role, not a generic "I'm the hero so everyone fucking needs me" kind of world. A world with believable problems and themes. A world you can role-play in.

So. You could have either (A) World that depicts the entire Northern Realms where everything is generic as fuck and the average population of a capital city is 100 NPCs, or (B) Carefully crafted world that depicts a small portion of the world in great detail where the population of the largest city is a couple thousand NPCs.

Take your pick.

Wtf?! I thought you could go all over this map..... the only regions you can explore are White Orchard, Vizima, Skellige Isles and that little strip of Kaer Mohen?! I thought they said there were li??? am i missing something???

It takes about 45 real minutes to go from top to bottom via horse/boat. I think you are missing something.

Smells like bait.

Can we get an old school expansion pack in the way of Throne of Bhaal? One that adds new 3 new regions, like Flotsam and such. I'd pay 40 bucks for 100 hrs of new content.

Look at this...maybe this will give a better explanation on what im talking about...The areas circled in red...why cant we access all that? you can only access those tiny ass areas i circled in green...

Look at this...maybe this will give a better explanation on what im talking about...The areas circled in red...why cant we access all that? you can only access those tiny ass areas i circled in green...
Brother... This is a zoomed out version of the entire contenent. Zoom in and then u will see the actual maps.
Its like tamrial in skyrim where skyrim is just one of the countries. The maps when zoomed in are big... Very huge.

Brother... This is a zoomed out version of the entire contenent. Zoom in and then u will see the actual maps.
Its like tamrial in skyrim where skyrim is just one of the countries. The maps when zoomed in are big... Very huge.

Lol he wants the whole continent in the game?!!!!! Seriously? That would be like Bethesda putting the whole of Tamriel into one game, 15 years on the tech would be so far outdated and can you imagine the bugs? lol Be serious dude, each one of those zones is HUGE! Look at how big skyrim is then imagine an area over 3 times that big, that is the Withcher 3's landmass.

Last edited:
Well when you compare it to GTA thats not even half its size? Dont be so delusional.

---------- Updated at 01:01 AM ----------

Well then where is all the land between Novigrad & Kaer Morhen??? thats allllllot of land that u cant even zoom in on or goto its just a painting. :(

Are you looking at the "world map" and expecting the whole continent to be available? No, that is not the case. But the available maps are already massive.

What are you rambling about? I believe they never showed that zoomed out map in the trailers; only region maps of Velen and Skellige. Havent been to Skellige yet, but I can tell you even what i've seen so far of No man's land is more than GTA 5, which is huge..

Top Bottom