2 Game play suggestions: Gloves as additional item & some animals in the bad lands.

+
It'd be nice to have gloves of various kinds... not an item that replaces current clothing but a new slot. Ones that can be used during the boxing matches legally as well but modable because... well NC seems like a cheaty place.

And it'd be nice to see some wild life in the areas outside the city main... like the bad lands area.

It's so... empty. Some hawks that will fly around & land here & there (where appropriate like cacti) or other small desert animals like bobcats or such.
It'd give it a more real feeling.

And it'd be nice to see some wild life in the areas outside the city main... like the bad lands area.

It's so... empty. Some hawks that will fly around & land here & there (where appropriate like cacti) or other small desert animals like bobcats or such.
It'd give it a more real feeling.
Just for this one, wild life have almost desappear... Welcome to the dark and polluted futur :D
And all the birds were eradicated for reducing the risk of contamination (so no way to see a bird in Night City sky nor around). Exception for the swallow, surprising and probably a wink to Ciri.
Avian Extermination Act

Just for this one, wild life have almost desappear... Welcome to the dark and polluted futur :D
And all the birds were eradicated for reducing the risk of contamination (so no way to see a bird in Night City sky nor around). Exception for the swallow, surprising and probably a wink to Ciri.
Avian Extermination Act

Yeah, convenient that no animals would need to be designed, molded, textured, animated and use RT game resources because the the world has almost no animals by lore. LOL, that was a lucky break for the DEV work load.

Guest 3847602

Yeah, convenient that no animals would need to be designed, molded, textured, animated and use RT game resources because the the world has almost no animals by lore. LOL, that was a lucky break for the DEV work load.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/cyberpunk-2077-ps4-xbox-pc-animals/
It was known by January 2019, so it doesn't look like a last minute decision, something done in desperation to save time. Yeah, they've changed their mind about the dogs in the meantime, but the point remains.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/cyberpunk-2077-ps4-xbox-pc-animals/
It was known by January 2019, so it doesn't look like a last minute decision, something done in desperation to save time. Yeah, they've changed their mind about the dogs in the meantime, but the point remains.

No, I meant that sincerely, it was lucky break for them that the game design was excluding what would normally be 20 or 30 or even 80 percent more animated life forms in a game like this. I was not trying to imply it was a some kind of "cop out" by them.

Guest 3847602

No, I meant that sincerely, it was luck break for them. I was not trying to imply it was a some kind of "cop out" by them.
Eh, it's not something they didn't already have in all TW games, TW3 had cats, dogs, rabbits, deer, bears, birds etc... I really doubt not having to bother with the animals had decreased their workload to any significant degree.

Eh, it's not something they didn't already have in all TW games, TW3 had cats, dogs, rabbits, deer, bears, birds etc... I really doubt not having to bother with the animals decreased their workload to any significant degree.

I disagree. Probably not in this case, but some (especially art based) assets often are not allowed for contractual reasons to be used one game to another even in the same DEV and publisher. This is why for example Fallout 3 assets are not legal to use in Fallout 4 mods (unless they are completely made from scratch by the mod maker).

But even if in this case they could copy all they wanted they would still need to use up the game resources to do it.
It would not surprise me to find out the reason the DEV thought they could do the humungus crowds in the city (even over 5 years ago) was in at least a small part because no other life forms would need to utilized the game resources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom