20 Improvements/Changes I'd Like To See (feel free to add your own!)

+
Trying to be realistic.

For me:

1. Slightly bigger enemy/projectile hitboxes. As it stands it's all too common to see shots whiff past enemies that really should have hit.

2. Nudity restored. Apparently GOG has no censorship, but Steam has my character prudishly wearing shorts in the shower.

3. A mass sell/dismantle option for unequipped items.

4. The ability to customize map/ui colors. I really don't like that saturated red on my OLED.

5. Significant improvements to optimization and performance. The game is pretty, but it's not Crysis on release and certainly shouldn't run as poorly as it does.

6. The ability to change body type/height etc. on our player model.

7. Better pathing on the auto-guide. I've had it run me into concrete walls before.

8. Naturally, a lot of bug fixes. Sorry, Mr. levitating dude in the Nomad starting area.

9. The ability to turn AA off entirely.

10. The ability to change character appearance after creation.

11. Perhaps a mild tweak to the hp of standard enemies? As it stands they are bullet-sponges to make Destiny monsters blush, and far too many fights have been me and my opponent standing still shooting each other. Failing this, a way to increase damage taken as well as damage done.

12. The ability to turn off the civilian kills. Far too often I've had the cops after me because a dumb civvie a block away caught a stray bullet intended for a bounty target.

13. Car handling improved for mouse/keyboard. As it stands it's like trying to drive a golf-cart on an ice rink.

14. Melee weapons confer an increase to evasion/armor.

15. More variety in loot combined with a reduction to how much items sell for. Made over 20,000 before I did the first major story mission.

16. An option for increased gore and dismemberment. Things feel a lot more subdued than the initial videos.

17. A skill that allows us to simplify the hacking minigame. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a brainteaser.

18. Either a mass loot option, or something to prevent enemy corpses falling into inaccessible areas. Had to reload a save because of this.

19. The ability to hide the ui entirely out of combat.

20. A button to skip all cinematics (at least half are unskippable, even hitting 'c').

How about you?
agreed

Many Good Suggestion already made here... So mine should be just a short list:

1. Either Transmog, or Separation of Armour and Fashion system, the game screams Customization!!
2. All that clothes the NPCs use, please!!!! where are they????!!!
3. IF possible Third Person Camera
4. Reset of Attributes Points (better if Its in just one purchase with Perks Reset) or More Level cap or some way to be able to unlock some Perks like Crafting Rare to Legendary.

I don't know if this will reach the devs, but please be dont get overwhelmed for what fans ask, i have faith that you will choose wisely

One option I'd like to see would be the equivalent of a Fallout New Vegas "Survival Mode."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to have a hunger or thirst factor, it's not that kind of game. But survival mode to me is simply a matter of allowing for more minutia that is not for everyone, but is welcomed by those who want it.

So why not a "realism" mode to include certain things...

For example, I personally think that we should have to meet our fixers in person before we are offered jobs over the phone. It's very strange and unnerving to explore Night City and suddenly get gigs from people you've never met. The brief phone introduction angle is pretty weak sauce, in my opinion.

Having the ability to craft new weapons or upgrade them literally everywhere is nuts, so why not restrict it to V's apartment (or workshops at certain stores, maybe)

Let us use public transit (am I missing a trick, or has that been disabled and just turned into another fast travel option)?

Stuff like that?

More variety on the car radio - all I am getting death metal like music.

Where is the old school rock, instrumental, etc.

What I want to see add and remove in the is a few things

ADD Thing

1. Add more life to the city at night time (according to lore) "city show off it other faces" and honest night time in NC is very boring it is like driver around in a graveyard
  2. Add preview when you buy clothes and weapon
  3. Add tattoo shop and barbershop
  4. Add a name to all shop on the map so you know where/how is favo shop, after all, it is RPG/shoot game ;)
  5. Put back Metro system ingame it would add so much more
  6. Please please add more DJ/radio talk and advertising to radio stations honest is very boring to just listen to music all time after all this is a city after all ;)
  7. Add more tv channel then just 2 honest come on we are in a big city with only 2 channel serious
  8. Add so you sit down with all food shop and bars order food and drink and not just buy things from like the is a normal vendor
  9. Add or put back personal advertising that you guys teased in the preview of the game
  10. Add customize to your room and car and maybe add so you buy other house/room in the game
Things to remove
  1. Remove when you take quest in a journal why in god name do have option call "track quest" or something like that just silly

I will add more to this post as I come up with new thing or thing I think so not need to them see you all in NC to then peace

Add option for restart gigs/side quest options or add some console command to trigger quest if it's broken or not triggering itself.

The absolute number one thing on my list personally is the cybernetic arms, surprisingly, and I'll get into why. The in-game descriptions of the items still include cut features. I had no idea Gorilla Arms can't actually open doors or rip turrets. Now I'm 100k poorer.

Build diversity kind of sucks right now.
The strength/tech stat checks can remain, but Gorilla Arms should be able to bypass them. Mantis Blades are fine without the wall-climbing because they have a very unique combat style, though seeing the devs actually try to make that work instead of scrapping it would be a plus. Monowires needed to be the go-to method of remote hacking in order to make Netrunning a unique playstyle; right now the game suffers Skyrim Stealth Archer syndrome because anybody can just pop in a high-level cyberdeck and insta-hack anything; they need to bring back the ability to plug into downed enemies as a vehicle for remote hacking without a monowire, as seen in the gameplay demos. The rocket launcher arm is fine as-is because I don't recall it ever doing anything other than go boom, but it should get a wider range of mods akin to the variety of grenades we have.

As it stands, all four of the arms feel like something you buy once and forget about, as they don't play any kind of key role in your playstyle like they did in the demos and they're usually worse than any weapon you're using.

The game has a ton of other issues with poor hindsight and cut content, but they've already been said many times by many people.

I'm too lazy to check if theese were already proposed... And sorry for my bad english too, i guess.

1.Obviously, cars customization! I'm not talking about some crazy individual detail/component visual/physics customization, at the very least just let us repaint them in a different color or simply buy some stat upgrades for them! This is so basic that i can't believe we don't have this.
2.Implants are VERY scarce in terms of variety, imho. Where's your imagination? There's ton of things they could've improve:
-What's with no eye implants variety at all? Nightvision. IR vision. Magnification. better item or object searcher/highlighter. Realtime map overlay. There's so many things to choose, but the only one we have is that basically gives quickhack ui.
-Cyberweapons and Arms should be two different categories of implants. At most, mantis blades use up your arms till elbows, other current cyberweapons don't even do that much. Monowire basically augments only your wrist to hold a wire coil and that's it. But it is still somehow considered a full arm-replacer implant, which is ridiculous.
-If you consider the point above, then do think about this: dedicated arms implants could do many things: increase your melee weapons (or cyberweapon's) damage or speed, help you fastdraw or reload faster, enable some unique takedowns or world interactions like destroying thin walls (deus ex style) or open some shut doors (gorilla arms should actually belong in this dedicated slot, they are literally arms), etc. Bullet deflect arms, like in the katana demo? Heck, maybe even a Shiawase magnet arm (thanks, Shadowrun) that will let you attract enemy grenades and fling them back!
-More cyberweapons, independent from arm slot: cyberclaws, knuckles, Wolverine-style blades, telescopic spikes, wired reloadable tazers, etc. Nuff said.
-Why no hybrid operating system, which allows some quickhacks AND slowtime? Make it weaker than specialized systems for balancing, but why none hybrid at all?
-Legs implants are currently stupidly limited, only two options which do the same (doublejump vs powerjump), if not counting lynx paws that do nothing notable. Why no +speed legs? Forward-pounce legs? +Evasion legs? Less-damage-from-mines/traps legs? +Special-strongkick-legs? Wallrunning legs? Faster-swimming legs? Anything at all with a bit of creativity? Some of these ideas were present and working in demo trailers but scrapped later, why not return that?
3.Gear should scale to your level automatically or via some "updater" npc. Why must i suffer the thought of "this gun is cool, but i should pick it up later when i'm higher level so it'll remain relevant till the endgame"? This was a very irritating game mechanic in Witcher 3 and nobody liked it.

Things off the top of my head (May contain repeats)
  • Glamour slots (one for each item) because sometimes I don't want to change my Samurai into a street punk with pink shorts and a fishing hat.
  • Prices included with pictures of cars for sale (price in the text)
  • Spec for vehicles (Top speed, durability, acceleration, handling, braking)
  • Upgrades for vehicles
  • +1 for removing skip dialogue from the crouch key
  • Crafting more than one thing at a time
  • Item tagging system (Tag as junk/scrap/favorite) for mass scrapping/selling (and not selling stuff you want to keep)
  • Reduce the cost of respec. It shouldn't be more than 10,000 and makes mistakes (especially for new players) brutally hard to revert
  • The ability to make a weapon Iconic (I had a revolver I loved but eventually it was just out matched and not worth upgrading)
  • Backup (The ability to call a friendly npc to roll with you into non-story missions)

Ok, let's see...
- Quick load... yes, we start with the basics.
- Ultrawide screen support for menus (cut tooltips are no fun).
- Overhaul key binding and driving controls.
- Redesign the tooltips... what weapon mod is used for what weapon type, etc.

Itemization:
- Return cloths back to being cosmetics, and expand the selection by ALOT. Feathered coats, transperent and neon vests, jackets and skirts, full body gloves, high boots, proper stilettos, etc. Also, tattoos and cosmetic cyberwear! We're talking golden faceplates, jaw clamps and lower jaw, eyes, ear, arm, leg replacements.
- Relegate armor to cyber implants and, well, actual armor (riot gear, ballistic clothing, combat suits).
- Make iconics level up with V, ditch the crafting and/or remove the stat/skill requirements.
- Add proper, iconic armor sets and gear... maybe through small quests (think Witcher gear).
- Give vendors location and style specific selections.
- More variety in consumables with matching vendors.

Cyberware:
- Make it more meaningful to swap out body parts (short surgery cutscenes).
- Selection far too limited... especially in the eyes/vision category. Lowlight, IR, electro magnetic, infrasound, blast filter, etc.

Vehicles:
- Introduce basic customization (tuning, upgrading, cosmetics) based on quests rewards and exploration.
- Give vehicles limited storage space (based on size and upgrades), in turn, show some of the stored gear on/inside the ride.
- Autonomous driving option/upgrade...

Apartment(s):
- Let us buy and customize multiple apartments... nothing fancy, there are at least 3 or 4 in game already that would work fine.

Gameplay:
- Oh god, fix/implement proper AI... everything, from gangs, corporation troops, police to pedestrians and drivers.
- Basic, randomly generated gigs, police alerts, gang conflicts, etc. no big stories, just to keep the world alife and the eddies flowing.
- Up the number of interactable vendors and other NPCs (ie. prostitutes).

...yea, that's it, off the top of my head. I could go on, though.

Last edited:
Interesting reading and I agree with most, but there is one item (and I hope some would agree) that is annoying but also funny. I recently finished the 'Riders On The Storm' side mission. I am happy to say, I got in and out using stealth and never fired a shot, and they never knew I was there. I took out five of the bad guys and hid the bodies. The problem is the stealth part. The idea is to be quiet, right?

I would like to see an option to turn off the 'footstep' sound or preferably a slider to adjust it. Unlike most players, my character is barefoot and it suddenly hit me during that mission that every time I moved I heard that 'clump..clump' sound as I was moving. It was funny, but it would be great if we could (if nothing else) just turn off the footsteps.

Also the option of just walking instead of running all the time. I would let my inventory get over full so I could walk around and explore the city...bad idea as it turned out. Least I tried.

Last edited:
Give me all the Cyberware from the Tabletop well at least the ones from Red. IIRC there were like two or three books dedicated to expanding on the cyberware options.

There are a number of things, some which are purely fashion, ie fashionware. So things like EMP Threading, Chemskin and TechHair. But there are other options for things recording, enhancing audio, numerous limb options, and more. Sure some things don't need to be added but having more options especially the fashion stuff and more minor flavor ones would be good for expressing one's style.

Tie it all together and let the world bloom (or burn).
My biggest gripe is the lack of interconnected gameplay in games. Universally.
I really like this game. So much potential to be worked out.
Bugs are whatever. I play on a solid PC so they are few and far between.

I remember when PC games were released only for PC and then ported later for Console once optimized by a contractor who specializes in it. I think that approach should be considered more often. Iron it out on PC, build hype for the console release, and then launch when the mood suits you. Also if the port is bad, you can point the finger at someone else. Sorry it's just business.
I also remember The Witcher (1) was unplayable for years after launch. On PC. So pace yourselves next time. It's okay to launch a title on the appropriate platform first. That could be PC or console or phone / tablet. (I am still waiting for Nioh 2's PC release) Better that than forcing a mass release and having to hear my brother cry about his weak(a$$) console can't handle the truth. LoL!

Crafting

Add Mass Crafting Slider. I don't like having to press and hold per item.
Allow dismantled gear to be added to Craftable Items List after "X" number of times dismantled or through Perk
Allow for mods like scopes, silencers, extended mags, etc to be crafted.
Recipes for crafting can be bought at Appropriate Vendor I.E. Weapons, Armor, Hacks, etc. (based on Street Cred and Factions standing)
Be able to set up a shop.
Sell to certain factions to sway their influence in the world w/ the player.
Make car mods and tuning parts. RIMS!!! Carbon Fiber EVERYWHERE!! LOL!
Really? I can't put machine guns on my car? LOL! It would be kewl to be able to "007" the cars.

World

NPC's no longer just duck. Night City is a violent place. Have some randomly shoot back and become enemies. Others can run to "Locked Doors" that open only for NPC's and disappear into "Black Portals". Still others will panic and run or drive away frantically becoming a threat to everyone involved. Any NPC who attacks the player is free to be "dealt with", others spark negative reactions. After "X" time after things settle down bring in the PD, Meds, and respawn NPC's who ran to resume behavior.

NCPD persuit and reaction varies based on location in the city. I have had PD pop in right in front of me in the desert area, but give up after a block or 2 when in the center of the city. NCPD doesn't react unless they see the crime being committed. NPC's can notify PD but there is a reaction time. Again based on location. Less so if not at all out in the desert as the Nomads should really be the ones to deal "justice" if any.

Random terrorist attacks and mass violence. So funny story. I was driving around in NC and a bunch of cars just randomly exploded and flew everywhere. I though "Oh kewl! An event!". Then I read about how it was a bug. LOL! I actually really like that things just go bananas sometimes. Bugs will do that. I say make that an event. Along with wild driving AI, I don't mind so much as long as the world reacts to it appropriately. NPC's get out of their vehicles and have a "chat" or the NCPD shows up. Random Corpos fall from buildings cuz of a bad quarterly report. Gang members shoot themselves or a buddy randomly.

Faction standings. The game needs them along with unique perks and items associated with them.

Romance

I agree there should be more "romanceable" characters. Arasaka's sister? Goro? Guy with the Grenade for a nose? Lol! Characters should not have a "preference" the player should.

Expand phone convos after romance is official. It's okay to have more than one partner. Just exponentially more work. LoL!

Character Customization After game Start. That includes cars, apartment(s), Have the world react to the choices. If I drive a clanker have NPC's comment depending on where I am. Same with a high end vehicle. Rando Dialog at first is fine. Also since great can be overridden with the "Suit" slot, allow players to buy or make different looks. NPC's can react to how we are dressed. At first dialog, but eventually behavior. 6th would not like some dressed as a Valentino or Tyger claw, and neither of them would like a suite strolling though the hood.

Augments show up on player's body. Leads to factions as well. Maybe I want to look like a Maelstrom thug. Maybe I don't want any augments to show at all. Maybe I want to look like a lizard.

Combat

Gonna skip guns for this one. They seems fine atm. Smart Weapons will scatter sometimes. Not sure if that is a bug or I am being hacked, or both...

Takedowns should be contextual to weapon in hand. Pistol whip, rifle choke, butt of the knife or blade used for non lethal take downs. Stabs, throat slit, point blank muffled shot for lethal take downs.

Blades: Turn the player,s body to simulate moves without the camera following. Button combination techniques. Jump slash, dash forward cut, jump back multi-knife throw, throw to impale the return to hand with "future magic" tech.

Grappling hook like in Mando but also for traversing the world. Adds to double jump and super jump option. Takes up the wrist rocket slot. Can hang enemies for take downs. Feet non lethal. Neck lethal. Might also be fun for a quest to leave bounties or hits hanging for pick up later.

Driving

Driving model needs work. Not an expert on this but there is a lot better out there to reference.
Tune car.

Solid game. There is a lot more to be said but that's all I can write atm. Gotta go to the attic and bring down X-mas decorations. Have a great vacation please. Cool off. This year is the year of negativity. Really is. I wasn't expecting this game to make my life better or my "Harold Johnson" bigger. I am having a lot of fun and look forward to what's next after the holidays. Avoid the press. They are awful. Just push through. You guys got this.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

p.s. add a "baby yoda". works every time.

just a small feature but it shoudnt be too hard to add a HSL/RGB or a hue changer to the photomode
Post automatically merged:

drag and drop in the inventory for scopes, clothes and mods or anything similar would also be great since if your scrollweel is broken/the click doesnt work you're pretty fucked if you just want to change something or unequip it.
So drag and drop also not just to switch but also to unequip/move would be great.
At the same time it would be great if you could change the button for "unequip".

Of course I know bugs, glitches, performance and stability are the priority right now and I will keep calm and wait until most of it is fine.

Developers now should enjoy the holidays as much as they can (I hope they can) because I think they are very passionate and would love to see their 8 years of work being successful.

Still I would love to share my thoughts on some aspects of the game that I would love to see in future updates:

- Character Customization:
There is a video about how important fashion is in this game. Yet we are not able to change our hairstyle, colour, eyebrows, makeup, tattos and so on. I would love to see those possibilities in the future. More diversity and also transmog to use a nice outfit I like with the stats I need. Witcher 3 already had this.

- Toggle walking on PC and better vehicle handling:
Enough said.

- Improved AI for NPCs and Traffic:
No random spawns and despawns and vehicles being able to drive around blocking objects and better physics. NCPD madness needs to stop too. Since those aspects are "bugs" for the developers already I imagine this will be worked on which is awesome!

- Huge balance patch regarding the skills, weapons and crafting system:
No Katana crazyness anymore and make crafting viable and satisfying please.

- Customizable Vehicles:
Just being able to change colours and maybe repair my vehicle would be awesome.

- Subway:
As already shown in trailers I would love to see a usable subway/train

- A customizable home:
Would be super awesome. Like in Blood and Wine where we could manage our own winery!

- More animations:
I was very shocked when noticing once you went to the ripperdoc in the main quest he after that will never install cyberware on your body with fancy animations. Its just click and buy and weheeew, installed already and usable. Sad. :/

- Street Cred reputation:
When having high street cred I actually though people on the street would talk about me and my good reputation. Something like "Look there is V, they say she always finishes a job like a professional. She is dangerous, better not fk with her."

So far thats all I but I know its already a big list of content. Those mechanics and aspects would be an amazing addition to the game and I guess many people would agree with me on many points.

Feel free to add your ideas/whishes and leave a comment!

Lets burn a city!

Top Bottom