20 Improvements/Changes I'd Like To See (feel free to add your own!)

+
I know this is a game mechanic restriction...but. If you have level 20 strength. All tech hack doors should be breakable. It's dumb that only certain doors can be ripped open. While others need to be hacked. Bad logic.

As for body shapes. Gonna have to wait for modders to do the work. They didn't want to deal with testing the clothing conflicts with different sizes. Or have a clothing size restriction system.

I know this is a game mechanic restriction...but. If you have level 20 strength. All tech hack doors should be breakable. It's dumb that only certain doors can be ripped open. While others need to be hacked. Bad logic.

As for body shapes. Gonna have to wait for modders to do the work. They didn't want to deal with testing the clothing conflicts with different sizes. Or have a clothing size restriction system.

i think its cool actually to have some doors locked for different abilities, i dont want 1 ability to unlock all, you just got used to and spoiled by many other games.

i think its cool actually to have some doors locked for different abilities, i dont want 1 ability to unlock all, you just got used to and spoiled by many other games.
No. When it comes to logic, I prefer that over a game mechanic limit. It's very annoying that there's a few side missions that get blocked off. And don't even say you need the tech door to unlock. So you start it, get to the door and go: thanks for wasting my time. While I can rip off doors. What they should have done. Is made the tech doors visually look like they can handle strength 20 characters. But they're generic doors with a special lock. One or the other. reinforced door, or max strength perk of breaking all interactive doors.

It's also like the bouncer guy in that one side mission. If you do the strength comment. He re-locks the clubs door. But the game doesn't let you beat the crap out of him to reopen the door. You gotta go the sneak around the side route. What is the point of strength improvements, and not use them to bypass obstacles. He's a BOUNCER. I fought and beat Rhino. The whole skill tree in strength is made to improve your character. We get a perk to be able to hold a person and shoot. Because...we got stronger. That's logic. There should have been a destroy all doors as a high perk.

My priorities are:

- Performance improvements;
- More customizeble keybindings options. I would to steer the vehicle with mouse and change the view direction with keys.
- Bug fixes
- Enemy AI improvements. They are dumb.

All great ideas!

My top suggestions I'll summarize...

1. I'd like to be able to save skill shards instead of having them used when already at the skill cap.
2. I'd like to have armor mods instead of clothing having inherent armor. Just give all clothing one slot specific to armor so that you can easily keep using an item you like to look of and just slot in a common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary armor mod.
3. Allow us to convert a clothing item into a design spec for crafting
4. As other have said... crafting in bulk. Must have for upgrading component items
5. Additional clothing designs available for purchase
6. More mods available for crafting and more mods in general such as clip/mag size or different ammo types
7. As mentioned often... tattoo parlor / salon to change appearance
8. A less expensive respec for perk points
9. Clothing dyes to re-shade items
10. More counter-hacking and hack defense by enemy hackers

Could also use the following:

1. A more alive city - NPCs feel like walking zombies (better AI that atleast feels alive like in GTA 5).
2. More character customisation options - body type etc.
3. More weapon and Armor attachment & modification options - aesthetics, color, LAM sights, sidemounted motion scanners, under barrel grenade launchers and shotguns etc.
4. More guns (inventory seems a bit lacking) and armors - specifically powered Armor and ammo types as well.
5. Customisable cars - paints, body mods, engine types etc.

Alot is missing from this game. Alot of character quests or development is/are also missing. I hope they do add these things in.

Additionally: the police AI also needs major improvement, they can't just spawn our of nowhere during a fight and suddenly next to wherever you are. The physics in the game also require a major overhaul, cars and bodies don't just sink in water bodies, collisions cause dents etc.

Last edited:
This game could be the best RPG in history with 1 more year of work!

There are lots of thing that could be better.

I'll start with this:

Other things I would like to see:

More buildings where we could enter and have some service there.

We should be able to see clothes in our character and turn it around to see if woth buying.

More keybindings customization.

NPC in the streets, sometimes could play some meaningful role in the quest. We could ask them if they saw something or someone.

Fast travel should use some flying cab (I didn't advance in the game story very much yet, I dont know if something like that already exists).

Weapon customization is weak judging by what I have seen till now.

Melee could be better with some special sequence combos.

For now bug solving and performance optimization is the priority.

if we damage our vehicle we should need to take it to a repair shop, but the fix is instantaneous.

All quest participant A.I. needs some optimization.

I think it should be always necessary to do some kind of "breach" and enter codes before use quick hacks. It would feel more real.

The game difficulty is not very good. I think the game is a bit too easy, but this is tricky because there are are good ways to make a game more challenging and bad ways to do it. The good ways are like making enemies more smart and more agile, a bit deeper puzzles, and bit more complex combat scenarios. The bad way to increase difficulty is making player weapons more weak and enemies weapons and armour stronger. That should never be the choice.

We should be able to use our vehicles as part of the payment for buying a new one.

Last edited:
handle throwing knives similar to Diablo2, yes really

find a throwing knife with X quantity OR a crafting guide , use that to craft a stack of knives which then occupy an weapon slot but are used like ammunition. common up to legendary. once exhausted it sits in your inventory as a non usable but doesn't dissapear.

perhaps once you have created for the first time, high level components are no longer needed? would likley need balancing to get it right.

These are my improvement wishes in relation to the romance in Night City:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new brain dances she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

I would also like to add that in its current state i wouldn't want more romance options. For the same reason and issues that we currently have with the romances that are available. They simply stop when you get past the intimate part of your partners questline. Nothing is left to do with them past that and it feels like the entire build up to it was gutted in the end. Nothing to look forward to and its the only thing that will make or break the game for me going forward since nothing else will ever be as impactful and meaningful as the moments I had with Judy.

Gorilla arms actually follow their description and force open doors without the necessary skill checks.

Grenade perks affect the projectile launcher.

vehicle autopilots to the waypoint.

Stop refreshing the world every time I look away.

FOV slider for consoles. (I care deeply about this one.)

my radio keeps stopping randomly.

Zoom out the mini map.

Add police chase.

Hide head armor option.

More special armor, so I look less goofy.

Better AI.

Playable arcade games and downtime activities.

New game plus.

Fast travel without going to the blue markers.

Jumping out your vehicle while going top speed.

Optional character creation while looking at the mirror.

Bulk crafting.

Have a trash pile. Any items you know you're going to sell would be drop there and sold in bulk.

UI keeps refreshing every time I sell/buy an item.

Optional auto-loot item.

If over-encumbered, have the option to send items to your stash.

I mainly care about the FOV slider for consoles, everything else would be nice too but a better FOV would be next level.

Trying to be realistic.

For me:

1. Slightly bigger enemy/projectile hitboxes. As it stands it's all too common to see shots whiff past enemies that really should have hit.

2. Nudity restored. Apparently GOG has no censorship, but Steam has my character prudishly wearing shorts in the shower.

3. A mass sell/dismantle option for unequipped items.

4. The ability to customize map/ui colors. I really don't like that saturated red on my OLED.

5. Significant improvements to optimization and performance. The game is pretty, but it's not Crysis on release and certainly shouldn't run as poorly as it does.

6. The ability to change body type/height etc. on our player model.

7. Better pathing on the auto-guide. I've had it run me into concrete walls before.

8. Naturally, a lot of bug fixes. Sorry, Mr. levitating dude in the Nomad starting area.

9. The ability to turn AA off entirely.

10. The ability to change character appearance after creation.

11. Perhaps a mild tweak to the hp of standard enemies? As it stands they are bullet-sponges to make Destiny monsters blush, and far too many fights have been me and my opponent standing still shooting each other. Failing this, a way to increase damage taken as well as damage done.

12. The ability to turn off the civilian kills. Far too often I've had the cops after me because a dumb civvie a block away caught a stray bullet intended for a bounty target.

13. Car handling improved for mouse/keyboard. As it stands it's like trying to drive a golf-cart on an ice rink.

14. Melee weapons confer an increase to evasion/armor.

15. More variety in loot combined with a reduction to how much items sell for. Made over 20,000 before I did the first major story mission.

16. An option for increased gore and dismemberment. Things feel a lot more subdued than the initial videos.

17. A skill that allows us to simplify the hacking minigame. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a brainteaser.

18. Either a mass loot option, or something to prevent enemy corpses falling into inaccessible areas. Had to reload a save because of this.

19. The ability to hide the ui entirely out of combat.

20. A button to skip all cinematics (at least half are unskippable, even hitting 'c').

How about you?

In terms of what you've put forward...

1. Agree. I have my own suggestion for combat as well.
2. Might just be steam exclusive, as I don't have that problem at all on Xbox One. See if that can be made a toggle option globally (and Steam just defaults it to "on").
3. Very agree, particularly by Rarity.
4. That'd be nice.
5. Can't say anything. My Xbox One is old so I expected a lot of issues to begin with.
6. That would be great, although unfortunately I don't know if that would translate well across all platforms.
7. Also yes. I've had it switch up as I'm following it through varying levels of terrain.
8. That's just a given. Although some of them are still entertaining to see, like Panam suddenly flipping a Jeep after you spawn in from quick travel.
9. Not sure what you mean by AA.
10. This would be nice.
11. I haven't had a lot of trouble with this. Although again, playing on Xbox One.
12. Haven't had that issue myself. I don't see much need to actually turn it off though.
13. Xbox One version here. Although I can agree that the driving isn't very good when it comes to accelerating while turning.
14. They kind of already do with some perks.
15. I don't think the sale price is a problem, since it still takes a lot of effort to get enough for one of the pricey sports cars.
16. This is fine.
17. Agreed. This could be done with Red, Green and Blue lines denoting where you can start and end code sequences. Have dots at the end, and show those lines when highlighted in the coder. Tie it to a perk, and enable the perk to also track the line you want.
18. I've had trouble looting mechanical enemies since Day 1. Please yes. Just a big vacuum effect like in Borderlands for any and all loot.
19. No reason why not.
20. Makes sense.

As for my own suggestions....

1. Crafting: Allow repeat item crafting by simply holding down the craft button. I've got (literally) of mats I wanna use and it's slow as hell to repeatedly craft items.
2. Crafting: Crafting experience should be according to the base (unmodified) number of materials. Getting less experience per item because your skill is raised means you progress even slower the better you get at it.
3. Crafting/Looting: Auto-dismantling of items obtained under X rarity would be awesome. Tying it to the same perk that auto dismantles junk would be smart, actually.
4. Combat: Enable a hard lock on feature. L3 is only used for the horn and R3 isn't used at all for controllers. We have room!
5. Crafting: Allow us to craft items obtained as bonuses, like the Black Unicorn katana.

Last edited:
I would like content to be added back which was cut as seen in the 2018 demo.
  • Wall running + Mantis blade clinging to walls (I don't care that it'll ruin the level design just tweak it or something)
  • Flathead companion
  • Destructible environments (like in E3 2018 demo)
  • Additional safehouses for V and customisation for them.
  • Better companion interactions (dialogue and combat)
  • Third-person cutscenes
Here are some features that need to be added or overhauled
  • Better wanted and crime system
  • Better gang and corporate interactions (some sort of separate reputation system for example gangs trying to hunt you down if you kill too many of them)
  • Better NPC AI (day and night schedules, reacting to V and the environment more realistically ect.)
  • Fast travel should be replaced by Delamain cabs and trains (call cab on your phone or something like that)
  • Hacking isn't balanced (3 intelligence build can easily quickhack enemies)
  • You should be able to use enemies as human shields and shoot (like in gears of war)
  • Internet shopping for guns, cars, clothing ect.
  • Car combat, I would like to not only shoot from the car but also jump onto enemy cars
  • Physics like for example when V gets ran over.
  • More cyber-war
  • Fix the crafting system
  • I want more time with Jackie, really liked him as a character but I think the friendship didn't seem very believable due to the limited time you spent together
  • Missions should offer more variety of meaningful choices.
And ofcourse Fix the bugs

1: Crime activities and gang hideouts to respawn to add more replayability! It seems weird that NC, a city full of crime, is cleared up by one person and then nobody ever dares commit a crime again?

2: New game +

3: Barbers to customise your hair and maybe a general plastic surgeon to customise your appearance? (Maybe even change the colour of some of your cyberware?

4: More Cyberware! I haven't explored too much of the cyberware so far so maybe some of these are actually in the game but I was thinking things like a hidden blade in either the wrist or foot (to kick people with), night vision and thermal optics, magnetic hands so you can pick up certain things from further away, things like that.

5: Allow us to max our characters! I know you can respec your perks at a ripperdoc but if, like me, you didnt know you couldnt max everything and put hardly any points in one of your attributes, its really annoying! I got very far into the game and was considering restarting just so I can balance them out a bit?

6: Better Photomode controls and options! Ok this is a bit of a long one....
The manoverability of the camera in photomode is very.... difficult? You try move from side to side but it still focuses on your character! I think having photomode controls similar to AC Valhalla would be so much easier!
I know we can position our character using the rotate, left, right, close and far sliders. But for certain poses can we please have an up/down one? Like where you can jump and shoot, it seems a bit weird that you can only be shooting groin level?
Also new poses for your character aswell as adding props! For example; V could be using someone as a body shield, doing a martial arts kick on an enemy etc.
Making photomode better for in vehicles aswell! Like being able to look in first person and just other little things.
And lastly, moving/customising other npcs in photomode! By this I mean like turning on select characters muzzle flash, moving them to a better position. Little things like that which we can already do with V.

7: Inspect gun animation! The same animation that we get when picking up a new weapon for the first time! Its cool, it makes you feel badass and we can actually see what are gun looks like!

8: More quickhacks!

9: Allow us to rob people on the streets or in shops! Just makes the world feel a little bit more reactive to us.

10: Vehicle customisation! Visiting a mechanic or something where we can upgrade our vehicles with better engines and things aswell as changing the colour, adding liveries, logo's etc.

Top Bottom