20 million copies sold

+
EN_1200x628.png

Over 20 million cyberpunks have been roaming the streets of Night City – partying with Jackie and getting to know Johnny, driving around with Panam and diving with Judy, hanging out with River and listening to Kerry’s songs.

Thank you and we hope to see you all in the Afterlife!

I actually re-watched the demos people reference all of the time when it comes to that list. I didn't realize that they went out of their way multiple times to say:

"This is an early version of the game - all of this is subject to change."

Even then every game has "cut content" in one form or another. From the latest stages to the earliest beginnings. That doesn't mean you were being lied too.

Could be 100 millions if they kept all the promises they made during that 8y hype....

Bluntly, I'd prefer they just not have lied than try to live up to what the media said they promised when 9/10 they were making up shit.

Just being honest but how many times has this game been on sale in 2 years.

I can remember when it's was being sold for $5 so 20 million is kind of expected when your game went on sale like that

I can remember when it's was being sold for $5 so 20 million is kind of expected when your game went on sale like that

I mean, not really. You still need people to buy it.

True but if its 5 dollars it might help. Just like i have 350+ games on steam due too summer sales for example. Havent played everyone all the way trough exactly :)

Notice that the vast majority of those games have not sold 20 million copies. :)

Notice that the vast majority of those games have not sold 20 million copies. :)
Hmm i have a lot that has too tbh. Games i dont normally play but 5 bucks is so cheap kinda :) Sales probably increase pretty much all game sales overall. Especially on PC with steam. checked the most sold game and i have pretty much every game thats on pc in that list...

Hmm i have a lot that has too tbh. Games i dont normally play but 5 bucks is so cheap kinda :) Sales probably increase pretty much all game sales overall. Especially on PC with steam. checked the most sold game and i have pretty much every game thats on pc in that list...

Mind you, the sales were more like for 30 bucks and not 5.

Mind you, the sales were more like for 30 bucks and not 5.
Most of it yes but even 30 vs 60 is a pretty big sale too, started on sales pretty fast too (not fallout76 fast but still). It is the total of all things that has made this possible i think. Im betting xbox and ps sales are much higher now then it was around release for example since its "fixed". It will keep selling.

The whole dead game thing is kinda pointless when it comes too single player games since it stands on its own pretty much. A MP game needs players while a SP game does not.

That was very rare being that cheap. I think it's like $30 USD permanently now.
Post automatically merged:

Most of it yes but even 30 vs 60 is a pretty big sale too, started on sales pretty fast too (not fallout76 fast but still). It is the total of all things that has made this possible i think. Im betting xbox and ps sales are much higher now then it was around release for example since its "fixed". It will keep selling.

The whole dead game thing is kinda pointless when it comes too single player games since it stands on its own pretty much. A MP game needs players while a SP game does not.

Sure, but if we're talking about expansions... you need a player base. They're not completely wrong.

I can agree that people can easily buy a game when it costs 5$, but they still need to have an interest in it. With PS plus I can download monthly games for free and I barely do it because I'm usually not interested in them.

I can agree that people can easily buy a game when it costs 5$, but they still need to have an interest in it. With PS plus I can download monthly games for free and I barely do it because I'm usually not interested in them.
Well thats true, but thats more about marketing. Cp2077 hade one of the biggest marketing cycles for games in quite some time. The hype was huge so even people that dont game knows about it. If its a game you never heard about for 60 bucks it will be harder too sell. A well known game for 5/30 tho...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're saying? It took Witcher 3 longer reach 20 million, even with both having a Netflix show, Cyberpunk beat Witcher 3's player numbers, but you are saying we're in denial?
Post automatically merged:

In this case, the anime has nothing to do with it. I argue it's patches are working + good word of mouth.
read my post again. TW2 8mil....TW 3 38mil.....CP2077 20mil.

I don't have to add anything else

As a reminder: please keep in mind that the forum rules require users to always treat others with kindness and respect. Some content in this thread has been removed due to failures to follow that rule.

I don't get why y'all are turning this thread into such an argument and why comparing to other game's sales matters at all really. Some games are more popular, some are less.

The only thing that really matters is if the game is a success period and that, it is. It's been profitable from day one. Literally. Those 8 million per-orders recouped the entire game's budget. Those 12 more million copies are profit, plain and simple. Few games can boast that. Out of thousand upon thousands of games, CP2077 is just shy of being one of the top 50 best selling games in history. Even if it wasn't even in the top 100, 20 million copies is nothing to scoff at. It's something that most studios never achieve.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of the game itself, this is quite the achievement and definitely establishes Cyberpunk 2077 as a very profitable game and, hopefully, very profitable series.

Top Bottom