20 new cards every two months, how do you get them?

+
20 new cards every two months, how do you get them?

Just curious.....you cant expect to get these cards from kegs, especially after a year when a lot of new cards are out. Too random. So when they are released you rly have to buy kegs ( with ore or money ) to get enough scraps to craft the cards you want? That feels......wrong.
On the other hand, 20 cards are not enough for 'Expansion-Kegs'. Maybe there will be an option like in Duelyst, where you can buy a complete (Mini) Expansion for real money and have all the cards? Would appreciate that, but im sure the free to play players will feel betrayed ( would be ok for me ;-)). I think 20 cards wouldnt cost that much.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
CaptainGen;n8778530 said:
On the other hand, 20 cards are not enough for 'Expansion-Kegs'.

True, I've also thought about that. The answer could be to group the expansions together eventually, like yearly. That would also make it easier for new players to avoid getting too many duplicates.

Yeah, my problem ist, for example, im a casual Heartstone player and like to open new packs from expansions. But soon you reach the point where you know: i cant expect one more card id like to have from these packs, ill do it all for dust. Thats when i usually stop opening packs. Maybe i want more cards, but hey, you cant always get what you want. If new Gwent cards are in the standard kegs, i get the feeling ' im doing this only for scraps' starts instantly because there are no real expansion kegs. That would suck hard. Dont want to spend money on that.

Yes, maybe, altough i do not like solo content for a CCG. Its so boring. Even hated the challenges to get the leaders. Would prefer to get the cards after buying the solo content and not have to play it. :p

CaptainGen;n8780050 said:
Yes, maybe, altough i do not like solo content for a CCG. Its so boring. Even hated the challenges to get the leaders. Would prefer to get the cards after buying the solo content and not have to play it. :p

Have you played through Faeria single-player content? It's actually quite good and the community there gnenerally loves it too and got excited when they announced more. If you had a chance to gander on the Witcher solo content (what little we saw of it) - looks like it could be quite exciting too. I think the big problem is that a lot of CCG solo content is just done as an after-thought, but there are some good exceptions:

1) Elder Scrolls Legends solo arena - I had a blast grinding to level/tier 1 facing lots of interesting decks I had never encountered before
2) Duelyst challenges, much more interesting than the ones we got in Gwent
3) Faeria's solo content is probably the best though, co-op + alternate rules challenges and the best part to me were simply the puzzles.

I meantioned this is a thread i made yesterday(?). I hope they state that as an average. For instance, its 20 cards a month but actually its 60 cards released every 3 months. That's my hope anyway

DMaster2;n8793460 said:
If your plan is to make this game die on the spot, it's a good idea.

did hearthstone die on the spot when they released naxxramas? or do you think people will pay money for single-player adventures just to see the story?

RickMelethron;n8794260 said:
did hearthstone die on the spot when they released naxxramas? or do you think people will pay money for single-player adventures just to see the story?
Naxx could be purchased with gold. I'm all for adventures, they were my favourite part of hearthstone. But if they keep their idea of selling them through real money only there is no way they can tie multiplayer cards with it. It would destroy this game.

Save scraps. By the end of CB I had practically the full collection (at least the ones that matter) and like 4k scraps +1k ore on the bank.

Something ive been toying with is weighted kegs. It would be a new set of kegs but would include all "classic cards". The way it would work is that after a card is determined for raity it would roll that card on a weighted scale to be on the new cards. For instance the keg would go like this:

1: common bronze -> 40% for new set -> false -> old card
2: common bronze -> 40% for new set -> true -> new card
3: gold leg -> 40% for new set -> false -> old card.

Now of course the numbers could be tweaked. But its an idea

DMaster2;n8795490 said:
Naxx could be purchased with gold. I'm all for adventures, they were my favourite part of hearthstone. But if they keep their idea of selling them through real money only there is no way they can tie multiplayer cards with it. It would destroy this game.

then all they have to do is make adventures available through gold... duh

Top Bottom