20 to 25 hour campaign? That's it?

+
The game is an old-school styled RPG where a story is told to you contained in an open world environment. You assume the role of V, and play THEIR story. So yes, this is definitely an RPG for most purposes; it has a level system, skills, spells, quests (main, side and tertiary) and a character driven story. So all other criticisms aside, it is still an RPG at heart.

They shortened the story because of the Witcher 3. Very few people actually finished the story. According to Steam, which tracks such things, less than 30% of PC gamers finished it, and I imagine that that statistic tracks across to the console as well. Probably not the best idea to go as short as they did, but I think that is more indicative of the cuts they made for crunch time, but it also wasn't the worst idea that they had.

Yes, the main story is that short. And CDPR made a statement for it claiming that they realized too few people finished the main story of The Witcher 3 as a result they decided to shorten the main story for CP77. Shorten the game for all players because some players don't love the game enough to finish it, how considerate:)

Firstly.. not an RPG.. its action-adventure. Second that 20-25 hrs are pure main story BUT when you complete some of the main missions you get ton of side content that is not on the map... also there are 10-15 missions that are nowhere on the map so you just stamble on them.. Played over 115 hrs oto finish the game. The game has content for 90 hrs... It is a good game but its not great which i find it sad cuz its not an RPG... 5-6 real choices during 115 hrs is just... ahh

PS: the main story was actually changed. They remade it most of it since end of 2018... so about 2 years of the new main story.. there is this walkthrough where on radio u can hear that jonny died in 2076.. they changed the story for whatever reason and just dropped everything else...

Firstly.. not an RPG.. its action-adventure. Second that 20-25 hrs are pure main story BUT when you complete some of the main missions you get ton of side content that is not on the map... also there are 10-15 missions that are nowhere on the map so you just stamble on them.. Played over 115 hrs oto finish the game. The game has content for 90 hrs... It is a good game but its not great which i find it sad cuz its not an RPG... 5-6 real choices during 115 hrs is just... ahh

PS: the main story was actually changed. They remade it most of it since end of 2018... so about 2 years of the new main story.. there is this walkthrough where on radio u can hear that jonny died in 2076.. they changed the story for whatever reason and just dropped everything else...

Choice has nothing to do with it being an RPG or not. You assumed a role and played that role complete with skill trees, gear stats, leveling and progression systems, similar to oldschool RPGs from back in the day a la the Final Fantasy series. Your definition of RPG is scewed here. It has a branching storyline where your choices tell you a specific variant of the story, that unifies prior to the ending. It's not your normal open world RPG sure, but it is still a RPG by what defines the genre. Choice isn't a determining factor for a RPG it is something that a specific type of RPG incorporates, it doesn't define the genre as many RPGs to this day are completely on rails.

I decided to took up what people are saying and even people I know who beat it already said it's not long at all. 20 to 25 hours if you play straight through the main story campaign. That is incredibly disappointing. Is this true? I've been playing the game but been holding off from the main campaign, doing side stuff in hopes the game will be larger and more close to what was talked about and shown before release. I'm already bored doing side stuff. Really hope we get the game that was promised by this time next year.
I mean I'm about to hit 90 hours and just hit Act 3, I'm also completely caught up on side quests and NCPD scanner events

Aka. you are grinding without progressing in the story.
The only real grinding I've done by definition is the NCPD scanner events. Everything else has either been in crafting because I had the auto dismantle junk skill and spent my time crafting a TON of Crunches and Armadillos AND upgrading all my iconics to Legendary Tier (minus a special little smart pistol that never gave me the spec for it). Currently halfway to Level 49 and my Street Cred was maxed out back at level 28. Any time outside a menu has been in some kind of quest.

90 hours and maybe still in the Act 2. Sometimes rush too much there is a lot to see and many easter eggs.

Have not experience crashing in game, maybe just few times earlier but very solid since. Some crash from fidelity graphics setting but would like to revisit see how it is now.

Enjoying game very much. Its the shame ps4 players not able to enjoy maybe they fix it soon.

20 hours?!
WOW. Took you a while.
Mb I missed something in main story? But how though... Its pretty straight forward linear fps
I haven't completed it. Been holding off. That's why I was asking. I'm going to wait till this time next year to play it again. ...when it's a finished game. Everybody playing a beta right now.

This game is just average looter shooter with cool story. Progression feels like borderlands, most of perks are just percentage stat changes, choices in most cases doesn't matter you still die, jackie dies no matter what and many others too and in cases when you can affect who lives or dies someone like dum dum it also does not matter. Environment does not change, if you wipe entire gang it is still there.

clocked 83hrs to do everything in this game. Main story is short maybe 15hrs and till some degree lackluster as only some of these quests have nice moments, side quests are 15-20 some are cool like Panam ones, but still feels lackluster.

And cyberpsychos are just joke not challenging at all on hardest difficulty and there are no special mechanics.

At the very least half of these 80hrs are side jobs, aka boring grind without much of the story. First time in a while i see game that looks like MMO seriously.

I guess this game was cut three times at least. Maybe cdpr is just another ea and will sell cut story to us for some bucks :) and looter shooter thingy and multiplayer i am really surprised why we don't have micro transactions yet. Played this year two games this and horizon zero down, this game is nowhere near zero down in terms of story, combat, enemies, antagonist, choices, side quests and is more rpg that cp2077

Last edited:
The side quests complement the main story and the extra activities add on top of the whole playtime. Thats how the game and every other games work.

If someone wants to blaze thru the main story then dont come and complain about 25hrs main story is short. Go play a JRPG or something.

Apparently Skyrim has an ending but I have never gotten to it despite still playing it from time to time.

Cyberpunk makes me think of Skyrim where I'm just going to always have it installed and playing it for years.

This game was said to be the next coming of Jesus Christ. And we get a main story shorter than Bioware's Anthem and Andromeda. This main campaign should of been 30-to 40 hours long. 8 years of development. Bioware would of had a 50 hour campaign in that time. Too short and boring missions.
Post automatically merged:

This campaign can be completed in 15 hours for 8 years of development what a joke.

Apparently Skyrim has an ending but I have never gotten to it despite still playing it from time to time.

Cyberpunk makes me think of Skyrim where I'm just going to always have it installed and playing it for years.
This! I am pretty sure there is no ending in Skyrim.
79h in and I finally cleared most of the northern map parts of sidemissions/gigs/police missions.
But I probably spend a good part of the 79h driving around and enjoying the city views. And running from the law after speeding and hitting too many people on the sidewalks.

if you focus only on the main story so yeah the game is short, that way i suggest to do all the side quests that will make your game more interesting and you going to feel like the game is endless.

my disappointment that after finishing the main story you can't play the game, they will allow you to go back to the beginning of the last mission or go to the menu. :giveup:

After the Vodoos mission, I literally abandoned the main quest. I still don't understand what a character so dull, so clueless, so mediocre, does in the game ... if not to force us to carry out the campaign or main missions in record time.

I've written before, everything in the game - script - makes the subject (player) leave the game ... and as quickly as possible. Empty, meaningless story ... meaningless. The endings, disastrous. But for me...

No salt, no sugar, nothing.

Yeah main story is too short, everything happens way too fast in my opinion, i was suprised when i got no back message. While i liked the story i think it was so container, its own little buble in night City. No deeper exploration of gangs, no deeper exploration of cyber space or rogue Ai. Game has massive potential but its barely Explored

Top Bottom