20 years of CD PROJEKT RED: Challenge #12

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Today's challenge is:

Imagine YOU are the leader of your own GWENT faction. What would the Leader Card look like and what would it do?

For more challenges, remember to check 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com/20challenges on Mondays and Thursdays!

CDPR_20th_Anniversary_Community_Contests_Social_Media_post_16x9.png

I'd say my Leader card would be more of a mystery where the leader is about to walk past behind a tree and the character changes from a man to a woman similar to how Loki changes his form to anything he wants which means that nobody would know the exact look of my faction leader.
As for what it would do I'd say it would have a misdirection effect where if you try to attack one of my cards it would randomly roll and attack a possibly different target.

Mine would be a smiling baby face inside a sun.
Ability: Greet the opponent cordially. If the opponent is playing Nilfgaard - banish his deck.

The leader itself is neutral not afiliated with nilfgard or any faction.
Is just a travelling merchant that lie for everything and tricks you with missinformation taking advantage of war situtation. (Switch golden cards / strategies is his passion)

The only leader card as a spy (4points), that is played on enemy lanes.
- When deploy as a spy, switch up to 4 Golden Cards from your enemy hand with 4 golden cards from your hand.
(if enemy hand doesn't have golden cards then chose the amount needed randomly from his deck, works in same way for your hand aswell)

My leader would be able to switch a card on the board with any card on the deck. My leader would also look like whatever the opponent would want to see, because of my never ending identity crisis. :)

The merqueen of Ys, with coral color hair, the thresher shark tail, and with a trident. Cousine of Sh'eenaz. A faction of the merpeople, nixes, vodyanoys and other wild sea creatures.
Ability is turn enemy into foam, or send the zeugl on most naughty.

My leader would be a dark featureless shadow. The faction would be a hodgepodge of creatures Ciri might have encountered in her travels across other worlds. The ability would be labeled “Beyond the Void” and, when triggered, would banish the two highest provision cards from both players’ hands and replace them with cards drawn from their respective decks.

I actually like the ability first because it counters some of Gwent’s horribly op cards (Renfri, scenario), second because it gives a downside to extreme deck polarization, and third, because it’s threat impacts play more than its use.

Last edited:
My faction, I imagine, would be horses, for unknown reason completely forgotten in the game of Gwent. After all you can find many spectacular gee-gee individuals in the Witcher universe, for example Dandelion’s Pegasus, Ciri’s Kelpie, Wojciech Mann with a rubber horse head on ;-) , Whispering Hillock’s black mare, unicorns, General Voorhis’ Nemrod or Cantarella and many more.

Obviously the leader of the faction would be Roach herself - she would be portrayed on the card as dancing on a grave of Geralt’s enemy, whichever one, and her special skill would be trampling the strongest Close Combat cards in an opponent’s deck as the cavalry used to do in a real battle.

Last edited:
My faction name will be CATS and my card "Cat in a hat" - this card will give You 3times "meow" on 3rounds. It means one "meow" destroy more powerfull oponent card and give You his points from this card. Because when every cats meow, You must give something :3

CD20_card.jpg

My faction is a community of hardcore Witcher fans. The leader card is a borderline obsessive fan and Witcher (or Geralt) wannabe, and a heteronormative male who can't get a date with any girl no matter how hard he tries . The Witcher wannabe is dressed in humorously bad cosplay. This faction can also be about a group of in-world commoners who want to be Witchers in a Don Quixote manner, like that guy in the secondary quest in The WIld Hunt.

Disclaimer: I am aware that sexism and stereotyping are concerning issues, and I do not condone any harmful perspective. All depictions here are written in a strictly comical manner, either satirical or self-deprecating, because I really have not gotten a date in 2 years. And I am certain that Witcher fans are mentally healthy individuals, many of whom do get dates.

Ability: Choose any card from the deck, or even out of play (not in deck), as long as it is not a female character, and play it immediately.

Last edited:
When does the game end? A faction is a politic, manys united by something. There is no such place in the cards but on map that is there. My card is the Naga queen of Zerrikania.
In the Middle Ages, there was a land of dreams, where unicorns and dragons lived, where Collumbus was looking for a way. And the king cobra is the basilisk, lord of snakes. And the forked red tongue, the sting of the wyrms from the coats of arms, gave rise to fire-breathing dragons. The world of Neverland is deep and wide due to its roots in cultures. And the irony of Sapkowski is that in the world of monsters, still the main monsters are the relationships of humanoids with each other. It is easy to manage the same, to simplify, but the witcher's vertical reptilian pupil will look at it with irony, without clumsy jokes.
The Zerikanni faction is a country where different kinds can live, and the leader's ability is to randomly mix opponents' cards with each other. The game ends in reality, but reality without the game is not possible.

Top Bottom