20 years of CD PROJEKT RED: Challenge #16

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Today's challenge is:

Who's V's best friend and why is it Jackie?
Tell us in 480 characters!

For more challenges, check 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com/20challenges on Mondays and Thursdays! Rules can also be found there ;)

CDPR_20th_Anniversary_Community_Contests_Social_Media_post_16x9.png

Street Kid > Helped V regain his bearings in Night City after having left it for 2 years (an eternity).
Nomad > Helped V to start a new life in an unknown city which would surely have made short work of a young foreigner.
Corpo > Helped V get his life back together after losing absolutely everything. Not without having saved his life twice before.

He welcomed V into his house while V found his own apartment. "friends for life", life which don't last very long in Night City !

For me it is roy batty.
Whenever I am in the vicinity, I come to visit him. :)
Apart from him, jackie.
Because he's a cool guy, ready for any action and has his heart in the right place. You get the feeling you can go through all the ups and downs with him, and he's always there when you need him.

Panam Palmer, the fierce and stubborn (ex) nomad who dreams of a better future and fights her own demons. After a few crazy adventures she opened her heart to V and in the end, she was ready to risk everything to help and save V's life.

My Vs best friend is Takemura. Because he is so funny and i have a more personal relationship to him, since he told me about his past. And i can't wait for his selfmade onigiri.
Jackie is not only a best friend, he is family. He showed Night City to me, he introduced me his familiy, we worked together and wanted to get legends together. In the end I lost him, but he will stay forever in my memories and heart. I will never forget his kindness and openhearted character.

Jackie saved V’s life. And then, years later in Night City, he saved it again. At a time when V thought they’d lost absolutely everything. V found their own freedom. But it would not have happened without him. Jackie Welles. The best friend you could ask for, loyal to a fault. An honorable man. He placed principles first and stuck hard to ‘em. Once he set his mind on something, he was ready to die to achieve it. For his loved ones, he’d sacrifice his life, without hesitation.

It's definitely Neil the Informant, whom V and River chased in the I Fought the Law quest. Neil has the most ridiculous haircut in the whole CB2077 universe and that was the platform for the instant, deep and everlasting bond between them.
Why you ask? Looking at images of various Vs created by various players, you can reach a conclusion that ridiculous hairdos is the thing.
No offence, guys, just kidding. ;-) 😉

Last edited:
THIS ENTRY MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AND WAS WRITTEN DEPENDING ON CHOICES MADE IN THE GAME

Jackie helped V during previous tasks, such as getting goods across the NorCal-SoCal Border. When he was asked for help again, Jackie immediately sprang to action. Even though things went sideways for V, Jackie was there to help him out and start over. They were choombas through thick and thin.

When their first big gig arrived, they were both on edge and roaring to go. But things went sideways for both of them, despite careful planning. They managed to make it out alive by sticking together (with some help and luck) when the time became dire, though Jackie sustained injuries.

After Jackie succumbed to his injury, V sent his remains to his family so they could have a proper farewell. It also allowed V to help restore the rocky relationship between Misty, his girlfriend, and Guadalupe, his mother. The two would eventually become friends and even have a family dinner together. His death showed V trying to get into the “major leagues” had a price, but it also gave V the motivation to move on and continue in the name of their friendship.

That is why, in my eyes, Jackie is and will always be remembered as V’s best friend.

Hi Lilayah,

what's the sich with this challenge? Have you annonced the winner yet?

If so, my apologies...

Best...

Today's challenge is:

Tell us in 480 characters!

For more challenges, check 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com/20challenges on Mondays and Thursdays! Rules can also be found there ;)

View attachment 11315363
After his death, I gotta say Panam. Panam is the closest person V has in his life. In every single one of my playthroughs, Panam is always V's romance partner, and that makes it in my eyes. Panam remembers small details that V says. When V and the Aldecaldos went to rob the Militech convoy with the Basilisk, V mentioned Jackie, and later at the campfire, when everyone toasts for Scorpion, Panam adds in: "And for Jackie", because she knew how much Jackie meant to V, despite no one else there (besides V, of course) knowing who Jackie was. Hell, Panam never even met him, and still toasted in his honor simply because he was V's friend.

And with Panam's text messages, she really opens her heart to him. As we've seen throughout the story, Panam is quite brash and short-tempered, but whenever she's with V, she always seems happy and taking the careful route. She herself admitted she never thinks before acting with anything else, but when it comes to V, she's careful with how she acts and says. Also, she risked her own life to help V with storming in Arasaka Tower (I'm saying this because it's the ending I always go with). It goes without saying, that V and Panam literally changed each other's lives for the better. When they first met, Panam was at rock bottom, losing her truck, and having nobody at her side, and V was blindly looking for a cure, but not really having a purpose besides it. When they met, they helped build each other back up from the ground. They complete each other.

My Vs best friend is Takemura. Because he is so funny and i have a more personal relationship to him, since he told me about his past. And i can't wait for his selfmade onigiri.
Jackie is not only a best friend, he is family. He showed Night City to me, he introduced me his familiy, we worked together and wanted to get legends together. In the end I lost him, but he will stay forever in my memories and heart. I will never forget his kindness and openhearted character.
Congratulations to @AnnaCat89 <3 :cool:

Top Bottom