20 years of CD PROJEKT RED: Challenge #20

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Today's challenge is all about The Witcher 1:

Write a contract about Echinopsae growing in the weirdest place you can imagine — in or around Vizima.

This is the last challenge we had for you! Check 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com/20challenges for the history of all challenges! Rules can also be found there ;)

CDPR_20th_Anniversary_Community_Contests_Social_Media_post_16x9.png

Need expert asistance with a "peculiar" case of Echinopsae.

You see, it has started to sprout... from my horse's arse.
I don't know how it happened and by what I have heard about the growing conditions of the Echinopsae...
I don't even want to think about it, I shudder at the thought!

If someone think they could take this commision I, but mostly my horse, would be most grateful.
I tried to pull out the thing meself, but while I was busy trying not to get kicked in the head the damn plant bit me!
It hurt like a mother... and it's not even full size yet!

You can find me at the little fenced hut just north of the outskirts of Vizima.
If you are in doubt, just look for a horse with a big plant growing out of it's arse.

- A concerned citizen & his horse

Please help.

There is an Echinopsae growing out of my Aunt Mayzie's head. That nasty thing, wouldn't let us near my dear aunt, nor even set foot in her home. We can only call out to her from outside. My aunt says she is fine whenever we asked her about the monster. She seems awfully calm and full of smiles, going about her daily chores withn her home, or sitting in her chair all day. Rarely does she ever venture away from her home. How does she feed herself? I don't know. But there is a smell of rotting flesh about her home.

Something seems off about her demeanour. As if she is a different person. I wonder where the roots of the monster reside in her head. I wonder if she is still my Aunt Mayzie. I am lost as to how I can help her. If you know how to save her, my family would be grateful. You can find us at the Trade Quarter of New Vizima selling herbs. If you see a pet cat in a hat, that's us.

Theodor

Happy 20th CD Project Red. Looking forward to 20 more years. This is not part of the contract.

Good folk!

We are looking for the help of a witcher or a knight of the Order of the Flaming Rose (open-minded).

Echinopsae has grown near the entrance to our modest establishment, “Eager Thighs” brothel!

The monster does not seem interested in love, it is actually quite the opposite.

Our beloved customers can't enter through the door, the girls climb in through the windows!

Please, help as soon as possible, the evil plant causes losses both to businesses and ordinary citizens!

The hero, who defeats the green beast, will receive a cash reward or a lifetime discount (take your pick).

For hero from the Order - we will cook for you the best vegetable stew!

Hear our plea!

-Carmen
Good folk! We are looking for the help of a witcher or a knight of the Order of the Flaming Ro...png

Please, witcher, I need you here!
I need a killer for a creature called Echinopsae. Let me tell my story, don't parallel my sadness!
On the healer’s advice, I gave my husband a personal garden to improve his health. He was so happy that he cried (don’t listen to the evil tongues who say that an allergy to plants is cause for his tears!).
Unfortunately, not vegetables and berries grew in the garden, but an evil two-meter flower. Now my husband sits at The New Narakort Inn and drinks all the time, he is very upset that he cannot work in the garden!
Help my family find the joy of gardening again! Cleanse my husband's medical garden of the creature!
We live near The Maribor gate, the house can be seen from afar because of a giant biting bush.
Payment by natural products!
Dulcinea

Save me from Echinopsae, Echinopsae…. in the heart!
I am looking for a sensitive and attentive companion (in the most extreme case, a witcher) to save my soul from torment. The insidious Vivania rejected my better feelings and an Echinopsae of sadness settled in my heart!

I gave you myself and a rose
You gave a refusal in response
Now there's a poisonous flower in my heart
Like Echinopsae is tearing it apart

Hurry up! The battle with the poisonous flower of female cunning awaits you in The New Narakort.
You will easily find me, I will be the most beautiful and saddest man in the tavern.

~World famous poet and minstrel Dandelion

added: be prepared to drink a lot! My Echinopsae is not so easy to defeat!

In the Murky Waters near the broken bridge, you can find strange inscriptions.

ᛒᚱᛁᛜ ᚦᛖ ᛒᛁᛏᛁᛜ ᚺᛟᚾᛖᛁ ᛈᛚᚨᚾᛏ ᚠᚱᛟᛗ ᚦᛖ ᛒᚱᛟᚲᛖᚾ ᛗᛁᛚᛚ. ᛈᚱᛖᚠᛖᚱᚨᛒᛚᛁ ᛁᚾ ᚨ ᛈᛟᛏ, ᛟᚱ ᛊᛖᛖᛞᛊ. ᛁᚾ ᚷᛟᛟᛞ ᚲᛟᚾᛞᛁᛏᛟᚾ ᚾᛖᛖᛞᛖᛞ ᚠᛟᚱ ᛊᚨᚲᚱᛖᛞ ᚲᛚᛟᚢᛖᚱ ᛒᛖᛖᚱ. ᛁᛟᚢ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚷᛖᛏ ᚷᛟᛟᛞ ᛚᚢᚲᚲ ᛏᛟ ᚷᛟ ᚦᚱᛟᚢᚷᚺ ᛁᛟᚢᚱ ᛈᚨᚦ ᛏᛟ ᚦᛖ ᛖᚾᛞ (ᚨᛚᛚ ᚦᚱᛖᛖ ᛈᚨᚱᛏᛊ ᚹᛁᚦ ᚨᛞᛞᛁᛏᛟᚾᛊ)

If you turn to Abigail, she will translate from the language of the Griggs.

"Bring the biting honey plant from the top of the broken mill. Preferably in a pot, or seeds. In good condition needed for sacred clover beer.
As a reward You will get good luck to go through your path to the end (all three parts with additions)

p.s.
The fourth act, like the whole game, had a special atmosphere. Which I have not seen anywhere else, tiny fairy tale. And feeling of a Big open world with lots of little ones.

Last edited:
Hael, @Lilayah! The week after the anniversary challenge turned to be so many days. I still hope to see the result. It's not about the reward or even the victory, but more about the feedback. About the small part that you want to see accepted into the world that was pleasure to explore. Thank you, and your teem for that. So I hope you make some anonsmet about the days to wait?) And wish you good time, and joy about the making desigion!

New contract
The Town Hall needs to be unloaded from the number of petitioners.
The municipal budget has been allocated for a plant that limits the flow of passers-by.
The team of clerks will gladly thank the gardener who will grow a guard plant at the entrance to the town hall.
;)

Need expert asistance with a "peculiar" case of Echinopsae.

You see, it has started to sprout... from my horse's arse.
I don't know how it happened and by what I have heard about the growing conditions of the Echinopsae...
I don't even want to think about it, I shudder at the thought!

If someone think they could take this commision I, but mostly my horse, would be most grateful.
I tried to pull out the thing meself, but while I was busy trying not to get kicked in the head the damn plant bit me!
It hurt like a mother... and it's not even full size yet!

You can find me at the little fenced hut just north of the outskirts of Vizima.
If you are in doubt, just look for a horse with a big plant growing out of it's arse.

- A concerned citizen & his horse
Dear Witchers!

Apologies for such a long delay!

After reading your contracts, we've decided that the main prize goes to@LupenVanLuxus! Congratulations and I hope, that the Echinopsaes are no longer an issue for you!

Please expect a DM with further instructions!

Top Bottom