20 years of CD PROJEKT RED: Challenge #3

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Today's challenge is all about The Witcher 2:

There's Roche's path and there's Iorveth's path... but what do you think Zoltan's path would look like?

For more challenges, check 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com/20challenges on Mondays and Thursdays! Rules can also be found there ;)

CDPR_20th_Anniversary_Community_Contests_Social_Media_post_16x9.png

The path of Zoltan, hmm... No matter how trite it may sound, but this is the path of friendship. Constant stops, firstly, for the game of Gwent, and, secondly, already for a snack. A path where trust reigns and jokes about shit. And most importantly, this is the path where you will be given a chance to actually try the Sihil.

P.S. I still have the cirilla.gif 3.1 mb

Last edited:
I think Zoltan's path would start with Iorveth but drift quickly because he doesn't share the latter's ideals. Zoltan has not yet abandoned his principles like Iorveth. He would surely fight alongside Saskia but then why not join Mahakam or Novigrad because after all he has a sense of travel. All complemented by games of Gwent, dice poker and the pleasures that a city like Novigrad can offer. The trip with him and Jaskier would promise to be eventful but very funny and the two would not fail to make Geralt benefit from the trip because of the sense of humor of one and the frivolous character of the other. A journey between friends light, joyful but with behind the fact that everyone knows that death surrounds them.View attachment 11310955

I mean, it wouldnt be very different from Ioverth's path, after all Zoltan joins the Scoiatel in the Witcher 2, but it would include a lot more drinking contests, gwent tournaments and coursing! Duvvelsheyss!
d582e6a11662d1e84b7468cb8e7f3b32.jpg

Zoltan would have gone straight to Toussaint. Just something that nobody expects. No Scoia'tael, no human Kings and politics. Just pure pleasure and relax. Especially after what happened in Vizima and Flotsam. No more fighting, hanging, ... but all the peace and quiet would sooner or later start to bore him and the mix of mead and iron in his blood would bring him back North eventually.

The path of Zoltan in the Witcher 2: When Geralt found out that Bernard Loredo was preventing him from getting out of the Flotsam, and for this he either needed to help Roche or negotiate with Yorvet, he decided to go to a tavern and have a drink with Zoltan and Buttercup. When Geralt told them about his problem, Zoltan offered him such a variation: "And if I call my friends the dwarves, they are definitely not averse to swinging axes." Geralt asks him with surprise: "Do you have a plan?" "I'm afraid we'll come up with this plan of yours, as I'll gather the guys together and we'll come up with well, I've trampled everything," Zoltan answered him. After a while, Zoltan comes with five dwarves with axes to the advantage and says, "Well, here are my five brave brawlers that have been in a lot of skirmishes with me." Zoltan introduces them all to Geralt and offers them a drink. One of Zoltan's acquaintances offers a contest who drinks more will get an axe and Mahokam steel runes on the blade, Grealt agrees. After drinking all the dwarves, including Zoltan, Geralt gets an axe, drinks a couple more mugs of vodka and his eyes begin to darken. After some time, Geralt wakes up on a ship sailing away from the Flotsam with the same axe in his hands.
And in front of him is Loredo's head, Roche sleeping on the starboard side, Yorvet puking on the port side. And behind him on the background is Zoltan, who is watching the Flotsam burn. "Here's a halera who didn't get that barrel of Mahakam alcohol to be thin all over the city," Zoltan says to himself, thereby calming himself down.
1657554137200.png

In the Witcher Universe, Zoltan is our best friend with whom only pleasant memories come, most likely Zoltan's path would be similar to Iorvet but more dialogues with dwarves and fun content, I'm sure Zoltan's path would be chosen by most people and I would be one of them .

Last edited:
Zoltan's way is to survive a boozefest "under the curly bear," have a good fist fight, and have a great time at a game of gwint!

Zoltan's path would be a lot of booze and a lot of memory loss because of the overdose of ale but It would actually work, I mean how funny it would be that you are in the war with Foltest and you drink so much with Zoltan that you wake up in a prison and everyone talks about an assassination and dragons but all you can remember is the hangover. And then in the prison you drink with Zoltan and Roach again and you just wake up in Flotsam and this would happen over and over into the Eternal War and lastly Into Loc Muinne and you just happen to wake up at the right place all the time with little memory of what happened before and all you know is you have to save Anais and fight off some dragon that people been talking about! It's all about that booze and hangovers!

Hooked up Hanza with like minded marry man, making along some brawls, occasional Gwint matches and gulping it all down with Mahakam brewed hooch!.

Last edited:
Zoltan's path... It's simple. At a Flotsam tavern, the team hears about the Breckenriggs' engagement dinner. After a few deeper ones, they decide to go to the Mahakam to kidnap Eudora so that, against the will of her father, Zoltan can marry her. Spit them on the black soup! Along the way, they have many adventures, play gwent, drink Mahhakam spirit and finally blow up the mines of old Breckenriggs :ok:
Przechwytywanie.PNG

The path of Zoltan would be similar to the path of Iorveth, with some seriousness, and with more pub crawls...
(and shorter obviously - which saying would make him more serious ;) )

There is a clear answer to this. ARMWRESTLING! Mixed with some Gwent, Drinking games, and axe swinging. He was a little heartbroken in W2:AoK but Zoltan isn't one to be down for long! Zoltan would most likely help Geralt find the Kingslayer with help and information from the Scoia'tael. He would find some way to trick them into giving vital information that would bring them closer to Foltest's killer. It would be a pretty fun 3rd option! ( though my favorite is with Iorveth):ohstopit:

Attachments

• Iorveth.png
    Iorveth.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 83
It all starts as always with a Mahakam Beers, dancing girls around them, playing gwent and in general they don't remember what they done the next day.
But this one particular time Zoltan already drunk start talking about how he can't ask the witcher for a favor because the risk it to big.
Being drunk starts telling him :

"On the Dragon Mountains lies the Axe of my ancestors, on the abandoned cave-fortress of dwarfs, I promissed myself that will recover someday that relic, I could sell it and pay all my depts... , but we all know the danger cover that land, besides if we get attacked by a dragon.... I know I know about you're feeling about dragons. Hahahaha as always you to serious. "

But in fact Geralt was surprised that he never mentioned this before.

So the next day, when they get sober Geralt mention the story to Zoltan... and how he can help him after they finish current problems.
Zoltan with a smile on his face says "Thanks Geralt, but you don't have to do this..."

Geralt options:
1. Damn... that's a bad idea... I don't know anyone who's come back from Dragon Mountains (Could we be the first then ?)
2. Hmm... we must split the profits, the danger is to big.
3. Forget about it Zoltan, the risk is to big.

spiritwarri0r zoltan path.png

He has exchanged letters with Brouver. If Zoltan manages to beat him in arm wrestling, critter slaying during spring cleaning and drinking, he may become a ruler of sorts for all dwarves outside Mahakam.

Zoltan's path is pretty simple. Drinking an enviable amount of beers at the "Under the Witcher sword" pub. Talking loudly with a lot of beautiful and describing swears in each sentence.
Complaining about how ugly and hairy are the dwarven women, but when someone agreed with him starts a little harmless bloody brawl. Somedays playing Gwent with friends and his cute, witty parrot, other ... punches, swords, maidens in trouble, you know the dwarven shits.

Zoltan's path would be without any hesitation "The Path of Iron and Steel of Mahakam" ! Zoltan talks always about how good and high quality the forges from Mahakam are but have you seen zoltan cutting trees with his bloody Mahakam's axe ? I think he should travel through the entire Nothern Kingdoms with Geralt to promote the quality of the Mahakam's weapons by holding a demonstration... That's what his path would look like !

Top Bottom