20 years of CD PROJEKT RED: Did you know? #5 — Community in our games

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
EN 16x9 Did you know trivia_5.jpg

Did you know that our games are full of people who helped along the way?

And not just REDs, either! Our community is referenced in tons of places, for example: the credits, in-game notes, NPCs, and even some Night City street names, to name a few!

For me, this is one of the most memorable references related to the community members.
*ICYMI: you can find this document "List of Prisoners" during the main quest "The Great Escape" in TW3.

The names of all the major forum moderators at the time are there! (*Sorry for mentioning you, but don't be mad, forum veterans. Lets have a call for you once again!: @Keth, @undomiel9, @zi3lona, @szypek26, @Vattier, @gregski, @HuntMocy, @Dona.794, @dragonbird, @secondchildren, @Corylea.723, @tommy5761, @Seeker.217, @GuyNwah, @petra_silie, @sidspyker, @ReptilePZ, @Sardukhar, @Nars). Vatier wasn't even part of CDPR back then! And maybe the last name "Momotek" referred to @Marcin Momot, who was the community manager at the time (and is now the community lead).

For me, this is one of the most memorable references related to the community members.
*FYI, you can find this document "List of prisoners" during the main quest "The Great Escape" in TW3.

The names of all the major forum moderators at the time are there! (*Sorry for mentioning you, but don't be mad, forum veterans. Lets have a call for you once again!: @Keth, @undomiel9, @zi3lona, @szypek26, @Vattier, @gregski, @HuntMocy, @Dona.794, @dragonbird, @secondchildren, @Corylea.723, @tommy5761, @Seeker.217, @GuyNwah, @petra_silie, @sidspyker, @ReptilePZ, @Sardukhar, @Nars). Vatier wasn't even part of CDPR back then! And maybe the last name "Momotek" referred to @Marcin Momot, who was the community manager at the time (and is now the community lead).
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Those notes must be very confusing for anyone that doesn't frequent the forum.

And yeah, Momotek is a reference to Marcin Marmot Momot, from what I remember.

A few references that I recall from The Witcher 2:

At the start of the "Mystic River" quest chain, you find a wrecked ship in Flotsam named the Petra Silie (a reference to ex-moderator @petra_silie, founder of the original Hairy Bear thread)

And then there was also a fan contest for best cosplay: https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100322-the-witcher-2-qdoppler-effectq-contest-announced.html

The big reward for the winners was a cameo in The Witcher 2 as the face of an NPC:

Top Bottom