20 years of CD PROJEKT RED!

+
Happy birthday!

I have played only Witcher 3 and CP, but I loved every second of it :)
Both games have a soul, excellent story and characters, and end at the right moment.

I love that CDPR understands what they are trying to achieve and can always come up with something fresh, inspiring, believable, heart-touching, etc... :ok:

The games read like a book and the main quests always push me back to the chair :)
Precisely what I like about them, and what sets them apart

Time flies... It's hard to believe that 20 years have passed since CD PROJEKT RED was founded. The last two decades have been filled with adventure, and we’re so proud to have created video games that players all around the world have enjoyed — not to mention having such a strong, supportive community that has been with us at every step!

Although our studio was established in February 2002, we’ve chosen to celebrate the anniversary today, July 1st, because on this exact date 20 years ago CD PROJEKT (at that time known as CD Projekt) announced its shift in focus to game development. It’s a special date that marks the beginning of our studio as we know it today. It’s where our journey into making RPGs began, and we think that’s definitely worth putting in the spotlight!

But today is not the only day we’re going to celebrate this occasion. It’s 20 years, after all! We’ve got a bunch of activities planned for the coming months, and we invite you — our awesome community — to join in the fun! Here’s the plan:
  • For those hungry for knowledge, we’ve got CD PROJEKT RED trivia & facts coming at you every Friday!
  • On Wednesdays, we’ll be taking trips down memory lanes with special streams devoted to our games.
  • On Mondays & Thursdays, we’ve cooked up some special birthday Challenges for you — with prizes up for grabs, of course!
  • And that’s not all! We have more to come.. But why spoil the surprise now?
And every day you can also visit our dedicated anniversary website: 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com to celebrate the past twenty years by sharing your memories of our games with us! We have a Birthday Gallery where you can submit screenshots, photos, drawings or anything else you can come up with!

We can’t wait to see what you send us!
To this!! :beer:

I paid 60 euros for my Cyberpunk game, it is still completely empty.
Game is stable and all( as it was all the time, I am on PC not on console drek)- but it is completely empty.

Why?

Me in --

2005-6: "Oh, The Witcher looks like it might be interesting."

2007: "The Witcher is quite quirky, but pretty good."

2008: "You have to play The Witcher if you haven't! Hold up...there are books!?"

2009-11: (Business traveling frigging everywhere in known creation. Some Mount and Blade, and XCOM, and Skyrim, and whatever. Dying for some time off now. Frig planes and whoever invented planes. And frig everyone that supported planes and air travel. Damn masochists. What were they thinking!?)

2012-13: "I love Skyrim, too, but I wish it took itself as seriously as The Witcher 1 and 2. That has to be one of the coolest stories! (Phone rings.) Hang on... What...? I'm going where on Thursday? Where the @#$%! is that???"

2014: (Lands in America and flippin' stays there.) "Dang, Wild Hunt looks quite good."

2015: "Dang, Wild Hunt is really good! It's neck-and-neck with Dragon Age Inquisition, now! This is fantastic!" (Spends far to much time troubleshooting and bug hunting. [Grand Inquisitor sits on his throne in Skyhold...largely snoring...])

2016: "Holy @#$%!ng banana crap! TW3 is, like, one of the best games I've ever played...ever! I can't believe they pulled this off! This is incredible!"

2017: "Not really feeling a lot of the games out right now -- think I'll start another TW3 playthrough!"

2018: "Beginning to get into this Cyberpunk thing, now! (Maybe...just...one more TW3 playthrough...!)

2019: (Steps into Night City on day 1.) "Oh...oh, yes. Yes, please. I'm gonna go for a walk..." (Roughly 10 hours pass. Looks at clock again. Eyes widen.)

2020: "Yeah...yeah...okay. YES. Yes, I understand. That's correct. Games have bugs. Yes, I'm aware..."

2021: "Checking hard drive after two full-system crashes. Yup! Witcher 3 still installed...Cyberpunk 2077 still installed. Situation normal."

2022: "Happy Anniversary!"

Time flies... It's hard to believe that 20 years have passed since CD PROJEKT RED was founded. The last two decades have been filled with adventure, and we’re so proud to have created video games that players all around the world have enjoyed — not to mention having such a strong, supportive community that has been with us at every step!

Although our studio was established in February 2002, we’ve chosen to celebrate the anniversary today, July 1st, because on this exact date 20 years ago CD PROJEKT (at that time known as CD Projekt) announced its shift in focus to game development. It’s a special date that marks the beginning of our studio as we know it today. It’s where our journey into making RPGs began, and we think that’s definitely worth putting in the spotlight!

But today is not the only day we’re going to celebrate this occasion. It’s 20 years, after all! We’ve got a bunch of activities planned for the coming months, and we invite you — our awesome community — to join in the fun! Here’s the plan:
  • For those hungry for knowledge, we’ve got CD PROJEKT RED trivia & facts coming at you every Friday!
  • On Wednesdays, we’ll be taking trips down memory lanes with special streams devoted to our games.
  • On Mondays & Thursdays, we’ve cooked up some special birthday Challenges for you — with prizes up for grabs, of course!
  • And that’s not all! We have more to come.. But why spoil the surprise now?
And every day you can also visit our dedicated anniversary website: 20yearsof.cdprojektred.com to celebrate the past twenty years by sharing your memories of our games with us! We have a Birthday Gallery where you can submit screenshots, photos, drawings or anything else you can come up with!

We can’t wait to see what you send us!
Congratulations! You all make such AWESOME GAMES with so much stunning visuals and great story lines. I can't wait to see future projects.

Congrats on the 20 years! I'm a more recent fan (first time I played one of your games was 2017) but you guys are my favorite studio out there right now. Even though the past couple years were pretty rough for you and for those of us who were patient, you handled the entire situation with class. Here's to enjoying the next 20 and beyond!

Top Bottom