2006+ year Medival RPG

+
2006+ year Medival RPG

So I know there are tons of topics saying any good RPG?
But I'm looking for specific types of RPGs
The ones that are based of medival ages(like TW and DA) not present nor sci-fi future.
And the ones that are made after 2006
No Japanise game!
Decisions that matter and an immersive world
Focus on story

I have already played trough Dragon Age games,Witcher games,Fable 1(other ones suck)and tried the elder scrolls games(they suck(Oblivion and Skyrim,not a single rememorable charather))

Is there any other good modern medival non japanise story based RPG? :D/>??

You can always try arcania- gothic 4 , but it ain't that good in my opnion. The witcher 2 is kind of unique and only the witcher comes close to it.

Risen 1. Good game imo, better than Gothic.
You can also try Lord of the Rings online since its now free to play.

Guys, he wants an emphasis on story with decisions that impact the world. Risen and Gothic are games that are mostly about exploration and combat, the story is quite light.

Haven`t played either one but maybe other users can say . Two worlds 2 or Mount and Blade series .

Risen 1, risen 2 (risen 2 is not very good), two world (that is terrible) and two worlds 2 (that is meh game but has one of the best magic systems i have ever seen). Overall risen, but i also suggest gothic 1 (2001) and 2 (2003)that i consider second best open world arpgs. None of these games can rival with witcher and witcher 2 story wise. Oh almost forgot about neverwinter nights 2 (that is average) and expansion mask of the betrayer (that is fantastic).

I think that if you want a real story rpg and modern (past 2006), maybe playing deus ex is a good idea.. even if you dont like science fiction its worth the try.

Guest 2091327

How about some of the Spiderweb games? Never played them and on screenshots they don't look impressive, but maybe the gameplay is good?

Blothulfur said:
Drakensang, quite old school though.

This is probably the best out there with those features.

Maybe also Neverwinter Nights 2? I didn't play it myself, but it can't be worse than the open-world, no story games.

Volsung said:
This is probably the best out there with those features.

Maybe also Neverwinter Nights 2? I didn't play it myself, but it can't be worse than the open-world, no story games.

Mask of the Betrayer is probably the best expansion ever.

Why does it have to be made after 2006? A lot of the best story-heavy RPG's with a medieval setting were made before then. Both Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate are eagerly played and heartily enjoyed today, for all that they were made a dozen years ago. They're both quite cheap on GOG.com, and the GOG forums have stickies explaining which mods to use to give them better graphics.

Top Bottom