2012 CDPR Conference on Cyberpunk 2077

+
2 out of 6 is not bad is it?

CDPRpromises3.jpg

So far I think they have come pretty close to the mark on most of these things. I've not played any other game that even comes close to the experience I've had with just a several hours of play in cyberpunk. Some of the things like #4 (Classes) were clearly iterated upon and improved beyond the initial vision. Some serious issues trying to backport to old tech, sure. But I think this game is still a landmark for PC and Next Gen and I think it sets a high bar for the industry going forward.

So far I think they have come pretty close to the mark on most of these things. I've not played any other game that even comes close to the experience I've had with just a several hours of play in cyberpunk. Some of the things like #4 (Classes) were clearly iterated upon and improved beyond the initial vision. Some serious issues trying to backport to old tech, sure. But I think this game is still a landmark for PC and Next Gen and I think it sets a high bar for the industry going forward.

keep playing...

I heard they scrapped the game several times over the development. The plans they had then are different now, and what they could do now they couldn't do back then. I wish I can remember where I read this or heard it from, but this game for sure went through multiple development cycles do to the ambitious plans they have.

Making promises it a bad idea, just say it's a goal.

I heard they scrapped the game several times over the development. The plans they had then are different now, and what they could do now they couldn't do back then. I wish I can remember where I read this or heard it from, but this game for sure went through multiple development cycles do to the ambitious plans they have.

Making promises it a bad idea, just say it's a goal.

Ya i remember that. Some memo got leaked and there was talks of reboot and features being removed. this was like 2-3years ago. oh and the creative lead was replaced.

Last edited:
2 out of 6 is not bad is it?

View attachment 11091272
I have played about 100 hours of the game so far and there really aren't that many cool implants... I mean - I only ever found better Kiroshi eyes... no other manufacturer trying to sell us eyes, huh? And the first point is debateable too - I mean... sure there's gore and many brutal ideas and uh... shards about gritty things buuuut... for instance, most of the Strippers in the game wear more clothing than me ;) However I do think they can still deliver on the game they promised back in 2k12 - It's gonna take some time tho!

Updated: Jan 24, 2019 < --- pretty old

Someone link this... i ll give my opinion:

This may be new, but people often change jobs, look for something that, for them, at that moment, is better or may be better. One of the things I noticed on the jobs page on the CD, if I'm not mistaken, in one of the qualifying items in the company's presentation, is one that says something like this 'we will always be open to your return'.

I think this is a very good policy for the company.

Yeesh, I get many of the criticism of the game (particularly on the old-ass consoles) and have had my own gripes with it already but whining about there being no classes back when they first conceptualized the game even though this had been changed years ago (and communicated accordingly) just smacks of complaining for the sake of complaining.

Wew, now it’s just getting silly. Some people apparently took CDPR having shit the bed with this release as a signal to voice any criticism, no matter how unjustified. You must have not played around with different builds a lot or you would not claim something like that. You can’t serious argue that a nethacking ninja sneaking through compounds plays the same as a melee brawler rushing into fights headlong or a rooty-shooty solo acing enemies left and right while in slowmo. That’s like arguing there is no difference between rogues, warriors and wizards in something like Skyrim because it all boils down to killing enemies.

By the way, why even bother not just crossing out all words? The way you did it makes zero grammatical sense. “You’re not Deus Ex with Far Cry already exists”? Yeah, that doesn’t sound like broken English at all.

ou must have not played around with different builds a lot or you would not claim something like that.

So tell me, how does the game fundamentally change between brawler and netrunner? I played both those builds.

One of them spams left click with shotguns / fists, the other spams left click with hacks / silenced pistols. Both sit in cover to avoid combat, or to avoid taking damage. One hacks doors, the other rips them off. At the end of the day they all end up in the exact same area, with the netrunner arguably getting less out of a more annoying playstyle because sneaking around enemies instead of killing them gives you less loot / exp, and no extra rewards.

You could argue it's satisfying to stealth-clear an area without being detected, which is fair enough; But there's no point to it compared to just walking in and shooting / using your biggest damage hacks to make evil men with guns dead men with guns.

Also, that's it for build variety. You could say there's an assault rifle / LMG / blade / fist / hammer / shotgun build, but they feel exactly the same. You just put a different coat of paint on 'left click to shoot / hack'.

Top Bottom