2016 All NEW Witcher Soundtrack by Adam Skorupa, Paweł Błaszczak, Aleksander Grochocki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz!

+
Current mood:

WOW, i can't believe this is happening.

I had completely forgotten about this thread, and to my surprise, when i came back to it, i see things are actually happening! This is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!
I will definitely support this in any way i can! As soon as that poll is available, i'll be spreading it everywhere!

I hope things work out well regarding the name of the project and all that.

:happy2:

Hey all,

I just wanted to mention that, should you decide to launch this fundraising campaign, you will not be able to use or reference “The Witcher” in any way.

We love the music from the previous Witcher games, so we wish you all the best with the project -- we just kindly ask you to name it differently.

Again, we are not associated with this project, so we also cannot give any sort of permission to use our trademarks or reference our games.

I hope this clarifies up things a bit, best of luck with the project!

Instead, at the start discourage people interested in the project (btw it would be better to write to the interested parties themselves than on the forum). So maybe you should consider participating in the project. By you I mean CDPR. Or maybe a great number$$ are beginning to overshadow the real expectations of fans of the brand? Poll:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/1278-Wiedźmin-3-muzyka/page247
does not lie. Lots of people there responded and music from W1 is considered to be much MUCH better than soundtrack from W2. I think that the result could be similar if added W3.

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know that we (Kriss and me) are working on medieval/fantasy/slavian folk music, once again :) Maybe it is not "all new Witcher soundtrack" but still ... we are composing a full soundtrack for other game which gives us a possibility to have fun with The Witcher a'like "slovak folk/fantasy/pagan folk". If there are any of fans of music composed for TW1, TW2 on the forum ... I just wonder what you will say about the main theme we composed for "Ash Of Gods". You can listen to that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3blT4gNiog Your comments are really important for us... so let us know :)

Interesting. Is this game similar to Banner Saga? The style surely feels related. Great composition by the way, though quite different style from TW1 music. I hope you'll release your music on Bandcamp.

Last edited:
adamscore;n7589300 said:
If there are any of fans of music composed for TW1, TW2 on the forum ... I just wonder what you will say about the main theme we composed for "Ash Of Gods". You can listen to that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3blT4gNiog Your comments are really important for us... so let us know
Thanks very much for sharing your composition!

Since you ask for comments, I respectfully offer mine: For me, the opening has rather a sense of mystery to it, which reminds me of the Witcher's world in general, and which I like. Tension gradually rises and subsides throughout, and the melody itself has a good rhythmic force to it. The female voices are attractive, particularly the chanting, and, although these voices occupy a central place, the selective background instrumentation is pleasing. There are places, however, where I find some of the vocals a bit distracting, or, perhaps, chaotic. (However, this last critique can probably be discounted, since, admittedly, I don't understand what is being sung, nor how the words are meant to function within the musical narrative. Also, I generally prefer purely instrumental music, or which employs wordless vocals.) Interestingly -- and ironically -- there are portions which remind me of Percival's performance in Witcher III, so the Slavic folk elements definitely come through. (Although, to be honest, I prefer the vocalisations in your piece over theirs.) Overall, it's energetic, engaging, music, and I would be interested to hear more.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
adamscore;n7589300 said:
Your comments are really important for us... so let us know :)
Love the music. The style is familiar, but unique enough to be memorable.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n7589340 said:
Interesting. Is this game similar to Banner Saga, except, you know, actually good instead of a dumpster fire of meaningless mechanics and story threads that never coalesce into anything remotely worthwhile?
Fixed that for you.

The world needs more good turn-based strategy games. Emphasis on the "good."

Hey Guys! Yes... the game is going to be "Banner Saga a'like" - simmilar (turn based) battles, simmilar way of narration. Glad you like "main theme".... and (saying that with relief) you are not hearing much of simmilarity to the Witcher's music but still noticing a slavik/folkish influence like "the Witcher1" ost. That's what we wanted to achieve. River Twain... your detailed feedback means a lot to me! Good job with that! Regarding lyrics... we decided to use "gibberish" language...which means "not existing one" :) "Song" form of the main theme is always more "ear catchy" than ordinary "instrumental version"... do you agree? As long as we "selling" leit motiv sang in "game menu" we will proceed with the instrumental versions of that through the music arrangement in whole game. Ofcourse there are going to be "emotional" compositions like in "The Witcher1" :) Stay tuned!

Last edited:
adamscore;n7591780 said:
River Twain... your detailed feedback means a lot to me! Good job with that!
Thank you! I hoped it might be of some use to you. I'm by no means a professional music critic, but I gave your piece a listen, and tried to offer some honest reactions.
adamscore;n7591780 said:
Regarding lyrics... we decided to use "gibberish" language...which means "not existing one"
Hah! That is interesting. So it's intended to be expressive rather than narrative? In that regard, then, it is effective.
adamscore;n7591780 said:
"Song" form of the main theme is always more "ear catchy" than ordinary "instrumental version"... do you agree?
I wouldn't always agree, but, again, that's mostly due to my preference for instrumentals (and on account that, for a time, it seemed that several games/movies opened with vocals, and I grew a bit weary of the repetition). I believe that a strong instrumental theme can be more memorable than song. Although, in cases like 'Dusk of a Northern Kingdom', for example, the opening vocal element certainly catches the listener's attention and interest. For my own personality, I generally find I can 'identify' with purely instrumental music better than I can with vocals.

For the present case, I'd be curious to hear one of the non-vocal arrangements of the Ash of Gods theme to compare.

Hey Guys.... just want to let you know that We (Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Adam Skorupa) are almost done with composing soundtrack for "Ash Of Gods". Already 50 min of music and still counting :)
Developers of the game just launched Kickstarter action: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aurumdust/ash-of-gods?ref=watched_project_launched
You can hear there some "sneak peek" of the OST (a quick mix of few tracks/songs). Hope you will like it... and yes... it's "The Witcher" a'like kind of style. Regards, Adam

I knew the music in the trailers for Ash of Gods sounded familiar, fits the imagery quite well too.
The original intention to create an all new Witcher soundtrack fell through, I reckon?

adamscore;n8588840 said:
Hey Guys.... just want to let you know that We (Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Adam Skorupa) are almost done with composing soundtrack for "Ash Of Gods". Already 50 min of music and still counting :)
Developers of the game just launched Kickstarter action: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oject_launched
You can hear there some "sneak peek" of the OST (a quick mix of few tracks/songs). Hope you will like it... and yes... it's "The Witcher" a'like kind of style. Regards, Adam

Just for the reference, the soundtrack is now out on Bandcamp: https://aurumdust.bandcamp.com/album/ash-of-gods

And the game itself is out too, with Linux support :) https://www.gog.com/game/ash_of_gods

Thanks adamscore and everyone who worked on the project! ( TemerianGirl worked on it too?).

Last edited:
Top Bottom