2019 DEMO was telling the truth, you just didn't listen.

+
I've watched the whole deep dive, and aside minor level design alterations, this footage seems to 100% accurately portray the game.

Other than the UI changing, the mono-wire losing a redundant ability quick hacking already accomplishes; can someone please
explain to me how this deep dive is misdirecting the viewer? I think this is perfect point to make. Everyone's expectations was based off
the 2018 demo even though a year later 2019's deep dive footage was the real game.

The 2018 demo had many things not present in the final game, so I understand how people are upset about that.
But this deep dive represented 99% of what is actually in the retail game yet people call foul. I don't know, but it seems like
a little accountability is in order for those cooking up insurmountable expectations in their head of what this game would be.

Keep in mind, I'm not excusing the bugs or the poor quality on last gen. That's a completely different topic. I'm talking about the actual game, and content
we eventually got. I don't see crazy added features in this deep dive that were later stripped away.

First of all, they promised a good AI.
The current one doesn't even take cover for grenades

And the fact that most of the features made it into the final game still doesn't change the fact that they should have been balanced better:
-Tech weapons can clear out a palace with no downsides (especially because the enemies are not able to react to an in-game wall-hack with no perforation limits whatsoever), and so I ask myself: why even bother with power weapons at all, especially if even homing smart weapons are available.

-The nanowire hacking thing may be redundant (even if I came up with an idea to re-implement that by rebalancing the hack system. Stories for another time which won't see the light because I'm no modder), but as it is, the lack of any particular ability makes it a little lackluster, compared to the way more efficient Mantis Blades or the door-breaking Gorilla Arms

Skilltree needs some rework: there are even useless perks at the moment (underwater stealth: good! Where's the water tho?)

And don't even get me started on enemy variety and quickhacks balancing: it's just ridiculous!
Why the heck can't at least enemy netrunners shield themselves from my almighty contagion?

Finally, at least for now, they had months to work on melee animations and they still look pretty bad in mu opinikn, at least.
They didn't even bother, even after all these hotfixes and a first manor patch, to add any kind of stealth takedowns with melee weapons (and even vanilla Skyrim, under certain conditions had that!)

It's not about what they gave to us, but HOW they made it, and "rough around the edges" is way too forgiving.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, I'm not excusing the bugs or the poor quality on last gen. That's a completely different topic. I'm talking about the actual game, and content
we eventually got. I don't see crazy added features in this deep dive that were later stripped away.

Actually, this brings up something I didn't even notice. He mentioned that how you fill the cyberdeck affects command strings. It's nothing like that in the final game... now I'm a bit dejected thinking about how cool this could have been. Who knows, maybe it sucked ass. Sounds like it would have been cool though. I guess it probably wouldn't work well with online or generate micro sales. Into the wood chipper it went.

Which version are you on? My version they take cover from a grenade. They also announce it.
AI is bugged though. People have already pointed out the inconsistencies. They do both very smart and
very stupid things. I've seen them retreat cause I have the upper hand, and bug out and sit there like a moron.

CDPR pointed out the AI is bugged too. I'd expect vast changes to the AI in this upcoming update.

P.S.: even player agentivity was a bit of a letdown. It's still present, but it's nothing compared to what was actually shown

Actually, this brings up something I didn't even notice. He mentioned that how you fill the cyberdeck affects command strings. It's nothing like that in the final game... now I'm a bit dejected thinking about how cool this could have been. Who knows, maybe it sucked ass. Sounds like it would have been cool though. I guess it probably wouldn't work well with online or generate micro sales. Into the wood chipper it went.
LOL, actually it does. Each line has a more and more powerful wide effect. From knocking out eyesight the moment they
notice you, to disabling all weapons. You can also lower their hack resistance making hacks instantaneously activate on your target.

I've watched the whole deep dive, and aside minor level design alterations, this footage seems to 100% accurately portray the game.

Other than the UI changing, the mono-wire losing a redundant ability quick hacking already accomplishes; can someone please
explain to me how this deep dive is misdirecting the viewer? I think this is perfect point to make. Everyone's expectations was based off
the 2018 demo even though a year later 2019's deep dive footage was the real game.

The 2018 demo had many things not present in the final game, so I understand how people are upset about that.
But this deep dive represented 99% of what is actually in the retail game yet people call foul. I don't know, but it seems like
a little accountability is in order for those cooking up insurmountable expectations in their head of what this game would be.

But they didn't address in the deep dive that the former material was just made up promotional material so of course people expected the 2018 content to be in the game. They should have disclosed that the development had taken a different turn.

Which version are you on? My version they take cover from a grenade. They also announce it.
AI is bugged though. People have already pointed out the inconsistencies. They do both very smart and
very stupid things. I've seen them retreat cause I have the upper hand, and bug out and sit there like a moron.

CDPR pointed out the AI is bugged too. I'd expect vast changes to the AI in this upcoming update.

I expected them too after the first "megapatch", but they basically fixed bugs and performance issues (still essential, of course), and nothing more

But they didn't address in the deep dive that the former material was just made up promotional material so of course people expected the 2018 content to be in the game. They should have disclosed that the development had taken a different turn.
2018 wasn't made up. Why do I have to keep explaining this. It was real. It was actual gameplay. But it was all mutually exclusive to that demo. That whole Night City or Badlands most likely didn't even exist. You can even see in the beginning the gun store isn't even finished yet. Look at that demo, it's rough compared to the actual game.

Agentively? You mean agency? You have agency in that mission. Not sure what you mean though.

Sorry, bad spelling, I meant the possibility to have completely divergent outcomes and consequences for your choices. The mission shiwn in the demo was actually one of the few, compared to the sheer number of quests, that actually had so many different outcomes, but even then, they always end on the same track.

That doesn't necessarily mean bad, but I expected to see breaching decisions of the kind shown in Dying Light 2's trailer (and even in that case, I'mdesperately trying to curb my hype)

2018 wasn't made up. Why do I have to keep explaining this. It was real. It was actual gameplay. But it was all mutually exclusive to that demo. That whole Night City or Badlands most likely didn't even exist. You can even see in the beginning the gun store isn't even finished yet. Look at that demo, it's rough compared to the actual game.

Wait: I may be wrong on this one, but I heard they admitted it was not actual gameplay

Thanks for posting this. It was so short that I even bothered watching it.

I didn't follow the hype, haven't really followed gaming media for years but I was aware of the product from somewhere I think way before 2018.

I watched some deconstructions of rage videos posted at LowSodiumCyberpunk and it always comes down to things like there were never flying cars promised ever. Monowire stuff, that I think is a lot better in a game we got. There are minor things to nitpick that most of players don't give a damn about.

I come to think there is something in this game that really riles some people up and that has nothing to do with cut content, broken AI or anything like that.

Sorry, bad spelling, I meant the possibility to have completely divergent outcomes and consequences for your choices. The mission shiwn in the demo was actually one of the few, compared to the sheer number of quests, that actually had so many different outcomes, but even then, they always end on the same track.

That doesn't necessarily mean bad, but I expected to see breaching decisions of the kind shown in Dying Light 2's trailer (and even in that case, I'mdesperately trying to curb my hype)
I think divergent outcomes to a degree do exist in this mission. If you decide not to side with Netwatch you have to either fight or sneak out of that mall the same way you came in. Also, this effects your interaction with the Voodoo Boys and their fate in a later mission.
Post automatically merged:

That's not the way it's presented in the demo and you know it.
No, the way it's presented in the demo is different. Yet the way it works is still the same in the actual game.
So you're mad they made it less confusing?

I love how the game had a darker/grimmer tone to it. It looks awesome.

They also should've kept those unique character backgrounds in the phone calls. What we have now is just a black background, which makes them shallow in comparison.

I think divergent outcomes to a degree do exist in this mission. If you decide not to side with Netwatch you have to either fight or sneak out of that mall the same way you came in. Also, this effects your interaction with the Voodoo Boys and their fate in a later mission.
Post automatically merged:

No, the way it's presented in the demo is different. Yet the way it works is still the same in the actual game.
So you're mad they made it less confusing?
I'm not mad at all, actually. Being critical or saying the product isn't what you were sold isn't a personal attack.
In the demo they mention netwatch monitoring your activity. Nothing like that happens.

Imagine if localized hacking meant you establish a direct connection through implants, but you risk being founded out because you're exposing yourself to patrols and other enemies in your area. Could be like direct like 2018 or nanowire like 2019, I don't care either way. Quick hacks mean you can perform the action at a distance, but now Netwatch is pinged depending on the type, frequency, and level of hacks. Instead you just get some netrunner, who isn't in line of sight most of the time, overheating you.

I'm not mad at all, actually. Being critical or saying the product isn't what you were sold isn't a personal attack.
In the demo they mention netwatch monitoring your activity. Nothing like that happens.

Imagine if localized hacking meant you establish a direct connection through implants, but you risk being founded out because you're exposing yourself to patrols and other enemies in your area. Could be like direct like 2018 or nanowire like 2019, I don't care either way. Quick hacks mean you can perform the action at a distance, but now Netwatch is pinged depending on the type, frequency, and level of hacks. Instead you just get some netrunner, who isn't in line of sight most of the time, overheating you.

I hope some modders add Netwatch agents to police pursuits, based on the use of certain illegal hacks

Top Bottom