2020 Pre-Release Gameplay Mechanics Thread

+
We need to see how that playable cut-scenes really work, <clip>
The biggest problem (IMHO) with cut-scenes is when they become mini movies. I'm fine with 5-10 second one, 30 is too long, and I've seen far to many games with ones over a full minute.

Sild

Ex-moderator
The biggest problem (IMHO) with cut-scenes is when they become mini movies. I'm fine with 5-10 second one, 30 is too long, and I've seen far to many games with ones over a full minute.

Yep, and if there's one thing they're aiming for, it's certainly not a disconnected movie-like experience. Quite the opposite, I'd say.

Typically, they want you to make choices that affect your gameplay. They've just been funny about social role-playing. Highlighting the plot choice, not bothering with social skills.

Could you elaborate what you mean by "funny" in this context?

I think the key is "making choices where you choose what kind of person you are roleplaying as" and then having game mechanics align with that choice. I totally love it when fluff and function align.

If you want to roleplay a verbally agile motormouth that has a tendency to talk themselves out of trouble, an ingame social skill that you can level up might work well. I'm not sure this is feasible in CP2077 though due to heavy demands it places on the amounts of voice acting. Voicelines have to satisfy a wide range of playing styles, with that being just one of them.

However, I would be happy if dialog at least suited SOME different personalities, instead of being generic and emotionless.
Geralt in Witcher was devoid of emotions due to the mutations he had received (a lame excuse if I ever saw one), so his dialog was extremely bland. (I'm not sure which came first though, the egg or the hen) .

I want my V to have an option to be confrontational and give sarcastic remarks if I feel like it. Not just "yes"/"No"/"tell me more".

Top Bottom