2022 Roadmap announcement

+
Excited for the new journey already but...repeating journeys? That's gonna be boring, considering I got to 200 on Alzur lol.

I'd like to hear more details about how returning Journeys will affect players who have already completed them. Will we still get weekly Journey quests to complete for bonus crowns? Or will those be marked complete already since they were finished in the original Journeys?

It's going to be awfully boring if my progress through the reward trees suddenly slows WAY down. I'm hoping we'll at least get the chance for those 120 crown pieces from weekly quests. Or maybe a return to that glorious period where we used to get 2 RP for standard Journey levels and 2 RP for premium Journey levels past 100?

DRK3

Forum veteran
THIS is exactly why RoadMaps are a great thing, and all live-game developers should spare the effort to build and share them regularly:

They can be used to build hype in players, helping retain them in the game ("ah, im not gonna stop playing this game because in 2/3 months something really awesome is coming out") and give players a sense of security, as they were informed on what to expect in the short-mid term future...

But they can also help prevent big errors and avoid going in a direction that wont please most of the playerbase.
Like this, with the Journeys - personally, i dont pay much attention to them, but clearly a lot of players do and its one of their main focus in Gwent.

These returning Journeys are only scheduled for May, so they have 6 months to get the feedback from players they are getting now and think on a reworked plan and solution, that not only pleases the players asking for these returning journeys but also those that are afraid they wont have something to keep them attached to gwent during that long period, as they've already finished up all the past journeys.

I wonder how exactly old Journeys returning will work, since multiple one return at the same time. Does every won round progress both/all that you've not finished?

I guess I'll find out in May at the latest. Didn't grind Ciri's to 175 and didn't even unlock Geralt's premium path, so I'd have plenty do with those.
Triss's I still won't have any interest in. :p

Edit: Oh, it was stated in the video that you'll be able to progress one at a time. Makes sense.
I have one more quiestion, maybe you are better informed. What about weekly quests? I have to choose which journey i would like to progress, thats okay. But when I which between them, will I get all the weekly quests, connected to the actual journey I chose?

So let's take my situation as an example. I started Gwent durin alzur journey so I completely missed from Geralt and Ciri, i have zero progress in them. When they will be available, I progress the first to lvl 100, do the weeklies and switch to the other. The other yourney's weekly quests will be waiting for me by that time?

Thanks for answering me guys!
T

What about weekly quests? I have to choose which journey i would like to progress, thats okay. But when I which between them, will I get all the weekly quests, connected to the actual journey I chose?
I do not have any actual information on this (some may have been posted somewhere but I've not seen any), but I would imagine you get all of the quests unlocked for the Journey you choose, whether it be just the normal ones of both normal and premium ones. It seems like the only possibility that would make sense.
Would still need to do the quests in order, of course, but not wait a week between each set.

I also don't know if it will be possible to switch between Journeys without completing whichever one you initially have active. This, too, may have been clarified somewhere and I've just not seen it or have forgotten.

It is an underwhelming roadmap, to say the least... In summary what I hear is this:
We don't have enough interest or resources to develop the game, so we'll just reuse the content that was already created. We don't mention Draft because we just don't know what to do with it. We shall throw in some new cards so that the players do not abandon the game and hope that it's gonna work.

It seems that the game is going downhill, so I predict that next year CDPR will capitalise as much as possible on paid cosmetics and probably relaunch this whole thing as Gwent V2.0 with a complete rework in 2023. And then the cycle will continue - new paid expansions, journeys, cosmetics and so on. It will be around the time when the Witcher 4 should come out, so Gwent will become relevant again.

For me personally, since I've had 100% completion on all journeys, repeating them will be zero fun next year. My favourite Arena mode is not coming back, Draft is as boring as a ladder, and most seasonal modes are dominated by NG on day 2. I expect that I will play much less next year and maybe even do something meaningful in my life instead :coolstory:

would be better to keep continuing Regis current pass now. Falling a little behind. I don't want to wait another year or 2 for it to return.

Journey ???

Some weird water creature would be nice ...

The current season ends at 5 apr. So, the first weekend can be either just developer update video or the Gwent Open#1 2022 which the new card set possibly reveals during that weekend ?

4 months after publishing this roadmap I must admit that I am disappointed. This roadmap quite simply does not provide enough changes and innovation in order to keep the player base interested. It also lacks the ability to attract new players. I am afraid this could lead to a slow and quiet death of the game. Even the "biggest streamers" like Shinmiri and Speci don't put in the hours into Gwent as they used to anymore, because the game has not provided enough innovation over the last two patches. And with the diminishing streaming hours the player base will diminish in the same manner as we witnessed prior with Swim and Mogwai.

4 months after publishing this roadmap I must admit that I am disappointed. This roadmap quite simply does not provide enough changes and innovation in order to keep the player base interested. It also lacks the ability to attract new players. I am afraid this could lead to a slow and quiet death of the game. Even the "biggest streamers" like Shinmiri and Speci don't put in the hours into Gwent as they used to anymore, because the game has not provided enough innovation over the last two patches. And with the diminishing streaming hours the player base will diminish in the same manner as we witnessed prior with Swim and Mogwai.
Its off seasonal right now, thats why so many players are not so competitive like in The others months

New card drop is coming up, so I expect that to change. They took time to rebalance some core cards, I can appreciate that. Apart from their obsession with not touching Alumni (someone really like Harry Potter and wizards in the team) the balance changes they made recently were very good.

Sure, short term people might get a little annoyed, but rebalancing old cards instead of printing new ones can be beneficial long term.

Top Bottom