2077 Install fun.

+
Mine went fine, but I -did- enjoy the EULA. The Legal Thingy.

The Quick Summary reads like Rache or someone wrote it:

"Alright, so this load of corpo talk on the left is actually pretty simple. It’s kinda like a safety manual for a new piece of cyberware (like anyone reads those, right?). So I’m here to make it real easy to understand. But ‘member, that long version over on the left, that stuff is legally binding. My version; well, I’m just here to help.

The whole Agreement only counts for Cyberpunk 2077. For rules covering other games from the same company, ya gotta check out the specific legal-speak written for them. "

"This is cute. So, the game’s got this ‘minimum age rating’ okay? So if ya wanna get into Night City — I’m tryna keep a straight face here — you gotta be above that rating. Usually, it’s 18+, but if, say, ya live somewhere that says 17+, and you’re only 17, then you gotta ask a parent for supervision. Seriously. Ya can’t make this up! "

"Just like jackin’ into a preem braindance recording, Cyberpunk 2077 is for your own personal pleasure. Don’t be a gonk and ruin the fun by messing up the rules in the corpo text opposite. "

Heh.

I normally don't stop to read EULAs but I'll admit this one was pretty funny. I went to the "fan content" guidelines link they mentioned (cdprojektred.com/en/fan-content) and it says "Last Updated December 10, 2020" Wut?

cergyn

Forum regular
Read EULA, really concerned about "cheating" part. By it CDPR forbid using any cheats for game (like cheat engine) at all.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Ah, yes, CDPR did the same thing with Gwent. Some highlights:

16.1 Neither of us will be liable to the other [...] due to Force Majeure. [...] including [...] nuclear accident or acts of God, war or terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage [...]

Summary 1: Gwent will be released in beta initially. Beta versions will not be complete and we are not responsible for what happens while you're using them. Fear not, they should not blow up your computer!

Summary 2: If unforeseen events beyond your or our control occur (alien attack, Godzilla, etc) then neither of us will be liable to the other for any obligations, which can't be performed.

Summary 2: If unforeseen events beyond your or our control occur (alien attack, Godzilla, etc) then neither of us will be liable to the other for any obligations, which can't be performed.

1607445078693.png

I normally don't stop to read EULAs but I'll admit this one was pretty funny. I went to the "fan content" guidelines link they mentioned (cdprojektred.com/en/fan-content) and it says "Last Updated December 10, 2020" Wut?
Sounds like something for multiplayer.

I mean... what are they going to do? How would they know I have cheat engine (or any trainer) running unless the game is programmed to relay this information to CDPR (which is questionable)? It's a single player game, why would CDPR be the ones to dictate how I should enjoy said game?

Heck, you can classify certain mods as cheats. What are they going to do? Check every single mod available?
Ban modding? In that case I hope they're ready for the backlash from people, I'll gladly inform them where they can stick their EULA :coolstory: That would be Nintendo levels of stupid.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom