20th Century lore and relic Weaponry and fallout shelters and Civil Defense

+
20th Century weapons like from WW2 and WW1 and the iconic Hollywood Handcannon AKA the 50 magnum AE (Action Express) Desert Eagle, even old Nuclear Fallout shelters with the Civil Defense placards and Civil Defense Radio broadcasts towers etc. And Civil Defense lore incorporated into Night City. The Oldest parts of LA were built in the 20s and is Japantown and they do not have seismic structural supports. More stuff starting in 2020 and leading up to 2077 in Cyberpunk. And old relic Vehicles besides Silverhand's old Porche. Something like an old Bugatti or Maserati Tipo Birdcage maybe an old Plymouth with a Hemi Engine or an old AMC or GMC/GM. Even an old Plymouth Tornado or classic muscle car.

Last edited:
Oh come on! And why not?.............. I am just saying it could be both. And I am sensing you just think the idea is stupid AF and extremely dumb!

Why would you bother with something that old when superior tech is available for not a lot of money? Not to mention licensing issues. Why do you think Metal Gear Solid stopped using real weapon names, and tries to make them look less like the real world versions now?

Why do you think Metal Gear Solid stopped using real weapon names, and tries to make them look less like the real world versions now?
Licensing. Your points are reasonable, but shooters that didn't go nuclear with their budgets stopped using IRL weapons because the game industry got big - bigger than films today. Money attracts lawyers.

Damn. Now That just takes the fun out of everything! Plus Lawyers are extremely trigger happy too
Post automatically merged:

What I ment by a Fallout shelter was not A Bethesda Fallout referece but simply abandoned concrete shelters in some basements with the Fallout placards. Fully stocked with items and possibly weapons and ammo to survive a nuclear blast.
Post automatically merged:

It would actually have this symbol over the entrance or nearby and would be situated in the basement of the building. If you want to leaen more seek out the article on WIKIPEDIA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-130626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-130626_Chrome.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My reference to Fallout wasn't about the vaults, it was about the old technology and pipe weapons. In the Fallout world these exist because weapon production came to a halt, Cyberpunk has no such issue.

As to the licensing issue why not create "Knockoff" versions of real Weapons on Vehicles. I would love to see a classic Muscle Car that has somehow survived the Nuclear Apocalypse and was quickly forgotten about underground in one of the old freeway tunnels that were under construction at the time. Something like a Knockoff of a Dodge or Plymouth that has a Hemi.. The same goes with new weapons.

T
As to the licensing issue why not create "Knockoff" versions of real Weapons on Vehicles. I would love to see a classic Muscle Car that has somehow survived the Nuclear Apocalypse and was quickly forgotten about underground in one of the old freeway tunnels that were under construction at the time. Something like a Knockoff of a Dodge or Plymouth that has a Hemi.. The same goes with new weapons.

there was no nuclear apocalypse in cyberpunk. And those already exist with Thornton and Quadra.

Well you know what I mean.. Well technically there was. Silverhand set off a 100MT Hydrogen Thermonuclear Bomb that just leveled Arisake and the surrounding areas for about 5 mile radius.

Well you know what I mean.. Well technically there was. Silverhand set off a 100MT Hydrogen Thermonuclear Bomb that just leveled Arisake and the surrounding areas for about 5 mile radius.
So, by your definition, humanity has survived 2 nuclear apocalypse’s so far.

good to know.