22MB update BROKE some things [Bugs Again]

+
22MB update BROKE some things [Bugs Again]

We all just had 22MB update, I'm sure it's not NG+ and than I decided to look into it. I read many threads in Steam Forum about the update, here's some quotes:

Schadenfreude said:
I'm in Act 1 of the Game and whilst loading the game randomly gave me the achievements for completing the game + on Death March difficulty. I'm no where near finishing the game so... odd. Anybody else have this issue?

Alanra said:
It still shows up in game as 1.08, however onloading a save, I got awarded 2 achievements that hadn't registered after 1.07 ro do with Death March.

FizzyBongo said:
I too got achievements for finishing the game when I haven't even passed act 1. I just used a program to re-lock them. Want to earn them on my own merits.

Sirithre said:
I just booted up the game for the first time in over a month and somehow earned the "Passed the Trial" achievement during the loading screen.

...I'm nowhere near finishing the game.

Wellllll okay. Guess I'm staying with Yen and Ciri can just manage on her own.

What the hell? I understand the idea to fix unlocked achievements after 1.07 patch, but what about people who hasn't finished the game yet? I'm one of them. After the patch 1.08 I thought I could finish the game, but... I'm afraid to play it now) Enter the game and got all the achievements. Oh, come on!
:shock2:

Last edited:
Don't think so, actually steamdb does not show any real changes to game files. This is not a patch and alters very little, probably it only inludes some preparations for ng+

On GOG Galaxy it says now 1.8.1 and it seems the only thing it did was adding some trophies retroactively (not that I care about trophies, I play games for fun not for badges).

It seems to be the update to allow mods (1.8.1) but some ppl are reporting that steam had 2 updates today and the second some how reverted the game back to 1.08?

Yeah, it seems like it reverted to 1.08 because I didn't unlock any achievement when launching the game after that second patch. (I didn't launch the game after the first patch).

Yea guess they patched to fix steam achievements and have some be awarded retroactively, but was giving players who didnt earn them some incorrect ones so they reverted it.

Sadly I didn't patch in time, so when i went to patch, it did a 0mg update.. And when i loaded in, my achievements still don't work (test munchkin again, leveling to 35).

Plus I actually did beat the whole game on death march and still lack the achievement =/

---------- Updated at 06:30 PM ----------

Yea guess they patched to fix steam achievements and have some be awarded retroactively, but was giving players who didnt earn them some incorrect ones so they reverted it.

Sadly I didn't patch in time, so when i went to patch, it did a 0mg update.. And when i loaded in, my achievements still don't work (test munchkin again, leveling to 35).

Plus I actually did beat the whole game on death march and still lack the achievement =/

Top Bottom