2500 ST fMMR - My biggest milestone in Gwent

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know how cool or awesome is 2.5k fMMR for faction. But when I see streamers they seem to indicate that 2.5k fMMR is a good step/milestone. I never imagined I will get there, but today I reached it! With my favorite faction ST of course. So, I wanted to share my experience here with my dear community. But before that, the burning question for most of you would be: Did you netdeck? Or Did you create your own deck. Well, I have to agree that I used a deck from Freddy with Call Of Harmony. Only because it was very close to what I already built on my own.

Early I wanted to create a deck with Call Of Harmony for 13 provisions to be able to play Oak or Scenario. First I went all in harmony, but then it was not nearly good enough and after many adjustments I went with Elf+Harmony for 13 provisions. But I didn't have the full poison package. I just had the Harmony Poison Dryads and the Harmony Poison Treant. I was getting my ass handed over to me with Arachas Swarm. I couldn't go above 2450 as this deck had no way to match Arachas Swarm tempo. Then I saw Freddy's YT video which had most of the cards same, except for adding the two more poison Dryads (who has laughably bad/pathetic order ability on a different row) and the Council which will always give a poison card (all dryads are poison dryads). Three of my Elf cards were replaced to add more poison and poison consistency.

So, I started using this deck, and suddenly Arachas Swarm was not so formidable. Most of the games against NG, my leader was used to tutor a 5P dryad to poison and kill Damien or Skellan in one turn. It was not like, "you use this deck you always win". Every game was very hard and decisions to play which card to use and which card to save actually matters a lot for matches over 2470+ games. Against Arachas Swarm decks I push R1 (even to the level of playing Oak and Vernossil to pull Aereline) so that I get last say and keep one poison card in hand and one in deck to take down the biggest unit in my last turn. This made me wonder "Is poison the necessary evil to keep broken OP decks in check?"

Every faction and every leader need different strategies. One time you lose, next time to adapt. It was an interesting ride.

I don't know how cool or awesome is 2.5k fMMR for faction?

Congrats! I just reached pro-rank myself, just to realize how difficult it is to get past 2400 once you get there with all factions (it's easier with a total 4800 MMR than 9600 MMR)

Well done! I guess my next try at this will be next season, should be interesting, Not sure how to go about it really

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Just now I am realizing that it is a bad day to make such a post (April 1st). So, just to prove that it is not a April Fool prank:
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 12.45.02 PM.jpeg

:beer:

Top Bottom