2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
"We introduce Ciri as supportive narrative tool and not because of gameplay mechanics. The Witcher was always about Geralt and that has not changed, but that handful of moments when you play as Ciri provide us with glimpses of how the story feels from the other side."

Just like I wanted :thumbup:

I have to say that the thought of playing as Ciri has grown on me. Something I would like to see a bit is Active Time Events similar to e.g. FFIX. Not much, but when playing as Ciri it could work with seeing what Geralt is up too. This, of course, depends on at what points you actually play as Ciri.

I can't for the life of me remember playing as Iorveth/Roche in TW2 even though it's 3-4 years ago. so hopefully it will be more memorable :p

I can see why some people might not want it, but I'm pretty fucking stoked actually.
I hope we might get to see some gameplay of her, but I can imagine if they want to keep it as a surprise exactly how and when it'll happen.

the second playable caracter is obvious it's ciri and it's well because if you have listen to what the dev says this is the end of geralt arc not the end of the witcher and if there is an another arc ( more game of witcher like tw4, 5,6 ) it's will be without geralt and who is the best to succeed him than his daughter ciri ( half sorceress , half witcher )

That's actually pretty awesome, I just hope they won't break up the story too frequently with her sequences. That would be a mistake.

if you read the book the saga was half about geralt adventure and half ciri's, people like the two caracters even so people who don't read the book don't know her

But from reading the article - I take it this means we'll only be able to control her in certain story quests?
and not actually be able to free roam as her, right?

the second playable caracter is obvious it's ciri and it's well because if you have listen to what the dev says this is the end of geralt arc not the end of the witcher and if there is an another arc ( more game of witcher like tw4, 5,6 ) it's will be without geralt and who is the best to succeed him than his daughter ciri ( half sorceress , half witcher )
How often do I have to repeat that Ciri is NOT half sorceress (anymore)? She actually has exactly ONE power/ability...

Also I don't see why we had to play as Ciri in W3 to enable CDPR to make more Witcher games with her as the main protagonist...

---------- Updated at 05:31 PM ----------

But from reading the article - I take it this means we'll only be able to control her in certain story quests?
Yes, I think that should be pretty obvious. Everything else would make the game way too complex, more than it already is. And Geralt is still the main character in this game...

I think that's true. I believe when you advance the story at some points the screen goes black and Ciri is shown. Then you get to play as her in closed areas like TW1 and 2 where you do some storyline things with her. How much you actually play with her I have no idea. She'll be able to fight and you get access to her abilities, but you won't be able to walk around, accept quests and stuff like that. Though perhaps there are a few side quests. Then again, why would villagers give a quest to her. She doesn't look like a witcher, though she carries the swords. Also, I doubt she even has time to do any side quests.

yes , this is it witcher 3 is about geralt adventure , we will see the end of it ( by your decisions ) and we will cross the road of many caracter we know ( from other game or from the book ) . I don't know and which proportion we can play her perhaps just a quest like jaskier on witcher 2 perhaps more we will see

Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too. So there might be linear parts in the game after all.
Anyway, here's hoping for flashbacks with her when she was trained by Geralt.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too. So there might be linar parts in the game after all.
Anyway, here's hoping for flashbacks with her when she was trained by Geralt.

Of course there will be some linear main missions. You can't do any story driven game/RPG without...

How often do I have to repeat that Ciri is NOT half sorceress (anymore)? She actually has exactly ONE power/ability....
Probably as long as "The Best of Scholdarr's Posts" isn't an elementary textbook in schools and a prerequisite to writing here.

Though details about how she'll play are thin on the ground, we've been told she'll be fast and agile, and will also be able to blink. A mythical power is also teased.
I'm curious about what unique abilities they'll give her. I imagine it'll be fun and a refreshing change from Geralt's gameplay. I'm looking forward to this, it feels like a smart and cool decision.

Probably as long as "The Best of Scholdarr's Posts" isn't an elementary textbook in schools and a prerequisite to writing here.
LOL :p

It's just strange that such statements (about Ciri being a half sorceress) often come from people who obviously know the books (or act/write like they did)... ;)

Top Bottom