2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

• Total voters

So I just watched the Game Awards and Damien talked about playing as a second character in the game. I don't know if this will be for selected missions throughout the whole game or maybe even just a single part. But could this possibly mean that there might be co-op in the game somehow. Maybe not in the main game but there could be a co-op mode.

Also, how could is this second character going to be integrated into the game and who will it be? My bet's on who ever Geralt was fighting with. Lambert, I think.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
FILTHYKOALA
:hatsoff:

Last edited:
I think you're reading too much into it. He could have also meant 'leveling up a second character' or just giving the game another play through. Don't be so quick to assume.

There was an official poll a long time ago about multiplayer mode. The majority of the community (me included) voted against it overwhelmingly.

I don't think co-op, or any form of multi-player mode, would work well in such a story-driven game with a very focused, predefined character. What Damien meant was probably to play another character for a certain short period of the game, like in TW2 where we played as Dandelion.

I don't think they meant co-op probably just SP as it's more story driven that wouldn't fit into the main game so well IMO. If i had to guess I'd say we can probably control Ciri for a few levels as she's central to the plot and has similar abilities to Geralt. Although, the way they announced it, it sounded like a big deal. Like, maybe after a certain point can swap freely and approach the story from different angles. Personally i hope we mostly play as Geralt as i like a more focused narrative that comes from playing as one character

I wouldn't count on there being real time co-op in The Witcher 3. The most we can realistically expect for connected features between players would be some form of leaderboard or stat comparison. If a big surprise was in store in the form of co-op, I doubt it would be integrated into the open world non-linear story but instead be made available for a specific section (ie: The Arena).

Not coop. Expect it to be like Arkham City with Catwoman. I expect we'll be able to play either as Ciri or Yennefer for a small portion of the game.

Old news. Some were assuming this means cooperative play, which it definitely does NOT. If I had to guess, it will be something along the lines of Batman: Arkham City with Catwoman. We'll probably take control of Ciri for brief periods of the game as she is the other major character in The Witcher universe. It could be Yennefer, but it's more than likely Ciri. I see Yennefer and Triss being more of supporting cast.

Yeah... I agree.
Mainly cause with Ciri we'll be able to swordfight, and jump in the knitty-gritty of combat, as cornerstone of Witcher gameplay in the games, while mages fight from afar...

Yeah... I agree.
Mainly cause with Ciri we'll be able to swordfight, and jump in the knitty-gritty of combat, as cornerstone of Witcher gameplay in the games, while mages fight from afar...

Exactly. Ciri was trained in the ways of a Witcher and likely would be easier from a programming standpoint to take control over for brief periods by players.

Attachments

• squee_face_by_samandra_chan-d71vtfh.jpg
    squee_face_by_samandra_chan-d71vtfh.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 66
Old news. Some were assuming this means cooperative play, which it definitely does NOT. If I had to guess, it will be something along the lines of Batman: Arkham City with Catwoman. We'll probably take control of Ciri for brief periods of the game as she is the other major character in The Witcher universe. It could be Yennefer, but it's more than likely Ciri. I see Yennefer and Triss being more of supporting cast.

I am thinking the same as you.
However, personally I would've liked to stick to Geralt even if the change of character is only a few percentage of the overall main storyline. I can't see how a change to Yennefer/Ciri would benefit the game tbh.

Remember in Witcher 2 we could briefly play as other characters depending on the choices we make ?
In TW3 we don't know the story of Ciri, Yennefer the questions like what happened to them while Geralt was away and the Answers can be best experienced by a player, by playing as THEM. (So Ciri and Yennefer as mostly confirmed as playable characters here from a long time )
Hope we can also play as some of the Witchers and
as TRISS :) (A request to CD Project Red, I know its too late for request now but please maybe as a DLC post release? like a Side quest where player solves something or Defeats someone/ Something as the lovely Triss Merigold)

Last edited:
No co-op. Period.

Two threads on the same topic have just been merged, so it may be a little confusing on who is replying to what in the posts before this one. I'm sure you'll work it out ;)

Merging a thread about co-op with a thread about second playable character is a very interesting idea.

Last edited:
Two threads on the same topic have just been merged, so it may be a little confusing on who is replying to what in the posts before this one. I'm sure you'll work it out ;)

---------- Updated at 03:05 PM ----------

No co-op. Period.

Merging a thread about co-op with a thread about second playable character is a very interesting idea.

Well, both threads were based on the same comment at the awards. And I think that the interpretation of "co-op" is pretty much accepted to be incorrect now.

Top Bottom