2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
I agree with Gregski and Synvael. Playing a mage would be a refreshing experience. I bet REDs would come up with cool combat spells.

I don't want to play as mage, I don't want to choose class...The name of the game is "The Witcher", and Geralt is predifined character and this is final chapter of his story...And that is 8 books and 3 games...And I don't want to Yenn, Ciri, Emhyr, Odrin or Vesna steal that from him...If that is for short period of time or some specific region, that will push story forward-than fine-I am OK with that...
But If sole purpose of that is to cause reactions like "Wow, playing as sorcerer is cool", "Ciri should have her own skill tree", "Yenn should be main protagonist of some future game", "We want dwarf warrior in expansion pack" - than CDPR should start a new game series...

Last edited:
Still disappointed that the 2nd playable character won't be Dandelion. Him or nobody. At least playing with him would have been a creative, out of the box, unusual experience in a mainstream RPG. Just to be able to play a sorcerer or other fighter is lame and imo unnecessary...

Or is it just another shenanigan to lure more Skyrim fans to play the game? People who only play fantasy games if they are able to play mages? Hm...

I don't want to play as mage, I don't want to choose class...The name of the game is "The Witcher", and Geralt is predifined character and this is final chapter of his story...And that is 8 books and 3 games...And I don't want to Yenn, Ciri, Emhyr, Odrin or Vesna steal that from him...If that is for short period of time or some specific region, that will push story forward-than fine-I am OK with that...
But If sole purpose of that is to cause reactions like "Wow, playing as sorcerer is cool", "Ciri should have her own skill tree", "Yenn should be main protagonist of some future game", "We want dwarf warrior in expansion pack" - than CDPR shoul start a new game series...

Ciri and Yennefer are almost the main characters as well as Geralt.
Play as Yennefer would be great.
Even Batman Arkham City is named Batman, but we can play as Catwoman.

---------- Updated at 01:42 AM ----------

Still disappointed that the 2nd playable character won't be Dandelion. Him or nobody. At least playing with him would have been a creative, out of the box, unusual experience in amainstream RPG....

Or is it just another shenanigan to lure more Skyrim fans to play the game? People who only play fantasy games if they are able to play mages? Hm...

Hahaha, the video makes me smile again, even after all these years... :)

Too bad it probably won't happen in W3. There we can just play another lame vanilla figher or mage or cross-over...BORING :p

Yes, just red that in another thread..He said "significant"...What that means? 10% of time? 20%? 50%?
Someone's gonna steal the game from Geralt :D :D

Given the length of time that you played as other characters in TW2, I interpreted it as "more than five minutes".

Ciri and Yennefer are almost the main characters as well as Geralt.
Play as Yennefer would be great.
Even Batman Arkham City is named Batman, but we can play as Catwoman.

---------- Updated at 01:42 AM ----------

Agreed, both of them are important in the books...We never met them in the games, though...
Yes, it could be...Like I said-if that is short period for the purpose of story...
I don't care about Batman...Never played it and I don't intend to ;)

Given the length of time that you played as other characters in TW2, I interpreted it as "more than five minutes".
Well, if W3 is 100 hours long I wouldn't mind playing as Ciri for 15... :D

---------- Updated at 02:52 AM ----------

Do it, it is a great action/adventure...if you like Batman, of course.
Maybe I will...problem is I never liked superheroes with "man" in their names :D
But Batman looks like a solid game, though...

Well, I would personally prefer less than 5%. Or being optional...

I don't know why, but I interpreted as being part of the main story, so not optional. But, given CDPR's past history, it also wouldn't surprise me if it only happens if certain choices are made.

Guys. Damien said it was someone in this trailer. That restricts it to being Ciri, Yennifer, Lambert, King Of The Wild Hunt, or that random peasant. @FILTHYKOALA should've mentioned this in his OP.

Keep in mind Eskel appears in the trailer too, and he is the closest witcher Geralt could consider a friend or something, although he appears so little and in such an unremarkable role that i doubt its him.

To me, its going to be either Ciri or Yennefer, probably Yennefer because of the role she plays and the possibilities of using a mage to change things a little bit.

If it was outside the trailer I'd say Vesemir is an option.

I don't know why, but I interpreted as being part of the main story, so not optional. But, given CDPR's past history, it also wouldn't surprise me if it only happens if certain choices are made.
Yeah, I don't really expect it to be optional. You usually don't put a lot of effort into a certain feature and mechanics into optional features. Well, if anyone pulled sth off like that it's CDPR but I still doubt it. Hope it doesn't interfere with immersion and atmosphere too much though. I worry there is much potential to diappoint or even anger gamers (and especially fans of the series)...

I personally think the best bet right now is that we play Yennefer in the prologue. I might remember you that the actual intro is all about Yennefer trying to get away from the battlefield. Wouldn't it make sense to continue in the same way with playing Yennefer for the first few hours into the game? That would also make a lot of sense to me from a narrative point of view since we don't know what happened to Yennefer during the events in Witcher 2 (in Nilfgaard) so it also might be a little bit of a flash back experience, simultanous to the events in Witcher 2 or shortly after. Once we know what happened to Yennefer and once the basic motivation for Geralt (searching Yennefer) and storyline for the game is presented (and even new players know enough to enjoy the game without being forced to play W1 and W2) we possibly leave Yennefer for good and continue to play with Geralt for the rest of the game. That would also be better for immersion if we don't play Geralt first, then someone else between and then Geralt again. Some kind of prologue "of its own" seems to be more suited for a 2nd perspective imo. ;)

Last edited:
Since Damien said to watch out for the character in the trailer, then it can't be these peeps:
- Yennefer
- Ciri
- Lambert

Because they're obviously in there. If it has to be someone hidden, then it's the guy in the thumbnail of the trailer. And he resembles a lot to Hjalmar:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Hjalmar

I don't know anything about him but according to the wiki, he plays an important role in Skellige and "He was in love with Ciri." Maybe you play him in the Skellige island portion of the story?

Since Damien said to watch out for the character in the trailer, then it can't be these peeps:
- Yennefer
- Ciri
- Lambert

Because they're obviously in there. If it has to be someone hidden, then it's the guy in the thumbnail of the trailer. And he resembles a lot to Hjalmar:

I don't know anything about him but according to the wiki, he plays an important role in Skellige and "He was in love with Ciri." Maybe you play him in the Skellige island portion of the story?
Well, Hjalmar is now a grown up, Viking-like warrior from Skellige...And still in love with Cirilla, I am afraid :D
Not sure what role in game he will play, but maybe:
he will finally beat Ciri in those ice skating competiton :D

- Yennefer
- Ciri
- Lambert

Possibly your right. When i think of Skellige Isles, i think of ocean and ships... do they not look like ships burning in the background of that scene?

Possibly your right. When i think of Skellige Isles, i think of ocean and ships... do they not look like ships burning in the background of that scene?

Yeah, that's a ship scene.

I'm beginning to believe it more since he's the only other Witcher in the concept art and 3D rendered.

Top Bottom