2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
Well this is Geralt`s story as stated by the devs numerous times but from what I can see it will be a way to introduce Ciri to people that haven`t played the games before or read the books and to give them an idea of who she is and what she is capable of and why she`s being chased .

I wish you could play the entire game as Ciri or a female witcher. I know that might sound silly as the game is all about Geralt, and is his story (and I can imagine to some people on here it's tantamount to sacrilege) but personally I don't care about any of that. To me the Witcher is just another RPG and I am much happier playing an RPG where I customise the character or at least have the option of playing a female character like in Mass Effect. And Ciri looks like an awesome character to be able to play.

I think the game will be awesome but personally I would be a lot more excited about it if they announced an option (maybe even as a DLC) that allowed you to play the entire game as a female character.

Thank you and good day.

You know, a few years ago i might have agreed with you. I cringe when I think back to the time I first saw Witcher 2 and thought it looked a bit crap and the lack of character creation had something to do with that.

IMO neither way is better overall just better in different situations. It can be fun to come up with your own story for your character in RPGs with less of a focus on a deep, complex story such as Skyrim, or to a lesser degree, DA:I. But the problem with this is that the extra customization you get over your character and their background means there are more variables for the developers to consider and so they have to write it to include as many different types of people as they can. This has the result of making the writing feel more generic (because it has to be) which can severely reduce the enjoyment of the story for a lot of people. This is why I find myself enjoying the writing of more linear games with a set character than traditional RPGs.

The Witcher and other games that do the same thing, such as the telltale games hit the perfect balance for me. You still get to control the story witch sets games apart from other forms of media but with a minimal effect to the quality of the writing and without having a boring protagonist.

Edit: as for being able to play as Ciri I think It's a really good idea to get people new to the series more familiar with her so that they will actually give a fuck about her and so share the same motivation to care for her as Geralt does.

Last edited:
The Witcher and other games that do the same thing, such as the telltale games hit the perfect balance for me. You still get to control the story witch sets games apart from other forms of media but with a minimal effect to the quality of the writing and without having a boring protagonist.

I think the rift between two kinds of games is actually growing there... personally, as a life long RPGer (computer and pen and paper) I find myself tending towards modern, narrative driven games (Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2) more and more these days, since I'm appearently no longer able to buy into the concept of those "open" games, with their fully customizable but ultimatly shallow characters and stories. That's one reason I was kinda disappointed by DAI... what good is a giant open world and a personalized main character if everything you experience is boring busywork to stretch out a 25 hour game to 100 hours? Sorry... off topic, I guess. :)

Last edited:
Forced character swaps in 2015 ? i understand the promotion part behind it but it looks like a deal breaker.
A major charm of the series is playing a man at my age -at least on the looks and attitude- so i can connect , i don't have the slightest of interest on playing as a little girl -with scales or not - .

Forced character swaps in 2015 ? i understand the promotion part behind it but it looks like a deal breaker.
A major charm of the series is playing a man at my age -at least on the looks and attitude- so i can connect , i don't have the slightest of interest on playing as a little girl -with scales or not - .

Wouldn't call a 20+ year old woman as being "little", but ok. And then again you will play as Geralt for most of the game, this is just so the player can explore different perspectives within the story that they couldn't otherwise.

How old do you think Geralt actually is? Mutants age much differently than actual humans. Not to mention, The Witcher series isn't about making a character we can relate to, as I'd assume many here are not disgruntled, old, male mutants who have more battle scars than they'd care to tell, have had a shattered knee leading to a noticeable limp in combat, and tends to find themselves constantly in bed with incredibly attractive women (at least with the games).

The reason I enjoy playing as Geralt is because he is not the traditional "knight in shining armor." That being said, Ciri is also an incredibly interesting character and she will bring a lot to the game. Most of TW3 will still be dedicated to Geralt, so it's unlikely those off-put by Ciri's central role will have to worry about her interfering too much.

I can't wait to play as both Ciri and Geralt.

In The Witcher 1, you could play only as Geralt. In The Witcher 2, you could play only as Geralt and on rare occasions some mostly underpowered character who could not dodge for the life of them. In The Witcher 3 you will be able to play as a living weapon of nearly unlimited power, ohh and Ciri too.

This looks like a major improvement to me :D

Ofcourse playing The Witcher will mean playing as Geralt, but playing with her for a bit just to see how the story goes from her perspective will be great!

go at the beginning of this forum part i say it , yes it was obvious like it's obvious if there is a witcher 4 it will be with ciri but if ciri is the main caracter men will have problem with the sex scene p

If there'll be a Witcher 4 - and I think that's a big if, because milking a franchise can be bad and sometimes it's best to leave it as is and keeping the memory pure, considering you've achieved a grand finale - I'm not so quick to declare it'll necessarily be about Ciri. Another option which I think is viable is blank and customizable witcher, allowing CDPR to focus on a new and less world-defining plot, which can get tiring. Basically, your traditional RPG formula.

Last edited:
If there'll be a Witcher 4 - and I think that's a big if, because milking a franchise can be bad and sometimes it's best to leave it as is and keeping the memory pure, considering you've achieved a grand finale - I'm not so quick to declare it'll necessarily be about Ciri. Another option which I think is viable is blank and customizable witcher, allowing CDPR to focus on a new and less world-defining plot, which can get tiring. Basically, your traditional RPG formula.

yes, we will see

---------- Updated at 07:03 PM ----------

They can always ask female players for a bit of advice. ;)

not that ^^ but men are more use to see men have sex with women not the other way even at the end it 's the same^^ we don't play for that but it's part of the game most important part is the story and all the other thing who make a game a jewel^^

Last edited:
A post has been deleted. Let's try not to accuse other members of "stupidity". It leads to unhealthy discussions.

Top Bottom