3.6 Switch version Steam Cloud Save bug

+
Hello.
I made a account to see if I can find if somebody managed to get around the 3.6 Switch version Steam Cloud Save bug. I have bot Switch and PC Steam versions (vanilla + expansion pass). I am unable to make a thread in the Switch tech support forum and I already submitted a ticket to support.

Anytime I try to upload a save to Steam Cloud game freezes for 20-30 seconds and then I get a Upload Failed message. I am able to download PC saves onto the Switch tho. I also can upload saves to GOG but I do not have a GOG version of the game and I really don't want to pay twice just to be able to play on my saves.

I'm getting the same error - there appears to be no fix yet. It is only happening when you upload your saves to Steam - downloads work. It's something to do with the network you are using as people report that when they change to another network, it works.

I am having a different bug with the cloud saves from the Switch to my GoG version. When I load a save from the switch, it turns off NewGame+, making all the enemies/quests the original level they were at.

You can always report it to CDPR support so they can investigate:

Thanks! Already did a couple of times over the last 2 months. Not sure if there will ever be a fix but they do say they are working on it. Maybe in a future patch.

It's so sad, literally bought it just for this reason and find out the game is just... worthless. The Switch cartridge is so small it doesn't even work as a paperweight. I really don't understand how CDProjekt Red think this is acceptable. An advertised feature is just not working for a lot of people and they're continuing to claim it's a "network" or a Steam issue despite people encountering this problem for months over multiple networks (I'm up to 6 different networks now) and on GOG as well. The first time this was reported was months and months ago - it's just so disheartening to know you purchased something that just doesn't work as advertised with no one interested in making it right.

It's so sad, literally bought it just for this reason and find out the game is just... worthless. The Switch cartridge is so small it doesn't even work as a paperweight. I really don't understand how CDProjekt Red think this is acceptable. An advertised feature is just not working for a lot of people and they're continuing to claim it's a "network" or a Steam issue despite people encountering this problem for months over multiple networks (I'm up to 6 different networks now) and on GOG as well. The first time this was reported was months and months ago - it's just so disheartening to know you purchased something that just doesn't work as advertised with no one interested in making it right.

I hear you. Just keep on reporting the issue to CDPojekt Red and hopefully it still may get fixed, but it seem they have mostly abandoned the game now.

For anyone that is having this problem, I have found a work-around. For the next couple of days The Witcher 3 is free on GOG Galaxy. If you install it you can then upload your saves from your Switch to GOG Galaxy and then it will sink your saves to your Steam version. This works even though the free GOG version is the standard version.

Hi,

I have the PC GOTY and the Switch version from GOG. Cloud saves used to work correctly back and forth by I tried yesterday and I also get an "upload failed" error message when wanting to upload my Switch (most recent playthrough) to the cloud to continue playing on my PC.

Update: My problem is fixed. It looks like it was due to a session issue with my authentification on GOG.com. After relaunching the game on Swtich I got prompted for login into GOG.com. After entering my credentials I was able to upload my save to the cloud again.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just tried getting my old PC save files onto my Switch from Steam cloud and there are no save files available. Admittedly I haven't played the game on my PC since June 2017 due to having kids, but I want to resume my game on my Switch. Are there certain DLCs that need to be disabled on Steam to make the save compatible with the Switch version? I just updated the game on Steam and went into the game and saved. Thanks for the help.

I did try that. All the articles say it just magically works, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried disabling alternate costumes and all that with no real luck. I read somewhere there is a maximum number of manual saves and that causes issues but no advice how many there should be.

Top Bottom