3 Cyberpunk games under development

+

Edit: It has been confirmed they're not 3 AAA titles but projects around the main IP

Last edited:
Three AAA games is a stretch. The actual quote (translated) is:

We're working on three Cyberpunk things - the main game and two more [apparently referring back to "things"]. These are three teams," he said. This could simply mean a multiplayer mode and a smaller, more casual spinoff (like The Witcher 3's Gwent) or DLC but follow up comments from another bigwig suggested it could be a sequel.

"Our next big project will also be in the Cyberpunk universe, and we're already working on it and treating it as a really big and innovative project for us," added Nielubowicz. With all the time and work that it takes for a game studio to launch a new IP, it makes economic sense that it would be already thinking in terms of a series rather than a one-off game.

Cyberpunk 2077 killed it at E3 2019, and the piece also gave us a sense of when we'll get our next big reveal of the game from Kiciński.

"A strong dose [of information] should be expected at the beginning of next year when the preview will appear. Then industry journalists will already be playing and writing about it."

Added in the bracketed language.

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-three-games-sequel/

I don't want to take anything unofficial or translated poorly as some kind of dogma, but I'm glad that the 2077 universe is slowly expanding.

I don't like social media at all, so I can see the MP becoming the only interesting way to socialize with people in the nearish future.

Many people may think it's not a big deal or that a statement like that is crazy, but for the real RPs out there, 2077 is going to turn into a parallel lifestyle.

geocp

Forum regular
I am a little bit sceptical about this...

If one of these projects is indeed CP2077 multiplayer and they're already working on it, then the first thought that comes to my mind is that they might have purposely cut out features from the main game to be featured only in MP.

This might explain the single apartment issue.
Imagine if this thing happens to all the other aspects of the game....
We might end up with less weapons, less cars, less cyberware, less mini games, less activities for the "story" mode...

If one of these projects is indeed CP2077 multiplayer and they're already working on it, then the first thought that comes to my mind is that they might have purposely cut out features from the main game to be featured only in MP.

We might end up with less weapons, less cars, less cyberware, less mini games, less activities for the "story" mode...

What's your experience with CDPR games and their customer service philosophy?

MULTIPLAYER?

Guess I might have to downgrade to PS4 from PC. All my pals play on console. But this is cool. I suppose. If it's true, I fuckin' hope it does interfere with any single player DLC.

geocp

Forum regular

My experience with CDPR games is excellent.
My experience with online multiplayer games in general is awful...I don't like them, I don't play them.

When the 2077MP comes out I probably won't play it but I'm gonna watch some streams of other people just to get an idea...
(I did exactly the same with GTAV and RDR2).

So, if I see them, let's say, buying and customizing multiple apartments that won't be a pleasant feeling for me.

Last edited:
To be fair, most developers start off with good intentions and then somewhere down the line, they stray. I'm not saying this will happen with CDPR, but I'm also not discounting it out of the realm of possibility.

MULTIPLAYER?

Guess I might have to downgrade to PS4 from PC. All my pals play on console. But this is cool. I suppose. If it's true, I fuckin' hope it does interfere with any single player DLC.
Wait, you hope it does interfere with single player DLC? Hmmm, a Rockstar fan, eh?

I'm only regurgitating what I've heard others say but there might be some truth to it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Game studios have X people on each task. Like 3D modeling, animations, artwork, cinematics etc. So doing multiple things at once might not be a case of opportunity cost. Because this would mean that when Bob is done with task A for project 1, he can start doing work on task A for project 2 etc. This so that a game development cycle does not end up with people going unemployed when done with their tasks. I'm not sure how this all works in practice. So I'd love to hear from an actual dev on this, or someone who knows a lot about game development.

Will there be SOME opportunity cost? Probably yes. But if the above holds true, it should mitigate the most of it. So I don't think it is a case of "Well, we need this MP thing done. Cut the extra apartments!".

I'm only regurgitating what I've heard others say but there might be some truth to it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Game studios have X people on each task. Like 3D modeling, animations, artwork, cinematics etc. So doing multiple things at once might not be a case of opportunity cost. Because this would mean that when Bob is done with task A for project 1, he can start doing work on task A for project 2 etc. This so that a game development cycle does not end up with people going unemployed when done with their tasks. I'm not sure how this all works in practice. So I'd love to hear from an actual dev on this, or someone who knows a lot about game development.

Will there be SOME opportunity cost? Probably yes. But if the above holds true, it should mitigate the most of it. So I don't think it is a case of "Well, we need this MP thing done. Cut the extra apartments!".
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

3D models MUST be finished before they can be skinned, so the team doing 3D will have finished their work before the artists doing the skins will. Most companies prefer not to fire people no longer needed but they also don't like to pay people to sit around doing nothing. So multiple projects in various stages of development is the norm. The projects are often DLC/explansions, concept work for the next project (which may, or may not, be related to the current one), etc.

tbh id rather that any "side projects" be DLC or add-ons for post-launch. at least at first I would rather enjoy this a while wondering what way they will enhance it in next 1-3 months rather than feeling rushed to get most what wanted done to give myself time to look at their new stuff. I suppose it could be a misdirection of sorts and them wanting to say more content is being worked on but want us to not realize its 2077 add ons just yet. or that may be just wishful thinking on my pard

Three AAA games is a stretch. The actual quote (translated) is:

Added in the bracketed language.

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-three-games-sequel/
Thanks for the link to the article. I couldn't get past 10 seconds of that video.

From the article:

As noted, 3 games in CP universe. CP2077, and two more on top of that, one of which will cater to MP play. Each game has its own dedicated team of people working on them, with the MP team being about 40 people strong.

In addition to the 3 CP games, they are also working on Gwent, and not yet announced mobile game from their Spokko division (no addition details on that one).

CDPR is very pleased with their pre-order numbers, and added that the Chinese market is proving to be very strong. Overall, they expect to to sell more console than PC copies during their first year, with PC accounting for only 31% of total sales, which is lower than that of W3. However, they are acknowledging the fact that the hype surrounding CP2077 is grater than when directly compared to W3 during its pre-sale, which is reflected in the numbers. They also predict to outsell W3 in terms of digital copies.

They will showcase the same gamepley from E3 at the upcoming Gamescon, and then at PAX they will showcase something new to the public. After that, you'll have to wait til next year to learn more about the game.

Last edited:
Nice, so they are doing what Funcom is doing to Conan World, multiple games on same world is the new trend?
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk 2077 battleroyal confirmed :giveup:

This could it, F2P Battleroyal would be great way to get more people to GoG. EA did it, Epic Store did it.

I'm happy that CDPR didn't dumbed down single player experience in sake of putting multi-player in CP2077 and it will be separated. Kudos to them for that.

On the other hand, I really don't like MP games. PvP ones are too competitive for me and co-op requires you to schedule with your friends to play with you, if you don't want to be frustrated with random people doing some stupid stuff constantly. Best example of how moronic and un-immersive m-p games can be - Fallout 76.

I hope that this will be a successful project from the financial perspective, but I will skip it, most probably.

The third project - I still hope that CDPR will reuse the assets created for the CP2077 when TPP was still a thing and make some sort of "Syndicate"-like game out of it. This would be awesome.

Top Bottom