3 Cyberpunk games under development

+
I fuckin' hope it does interfere with any single player DLC.
this.

I already know I won't play any multiplayer (haven't found a multiplayer game I was interested in in 20+ years of gaming) and CP won't be different. I need a couple of good old single player expansions. Then they can do whatever they want with team deathmatch, capture the flag, battle royale... I couldn't care less.

thats the tricky point with online content has to be regularlty added and often its never fast enough for players

They could try something like this, CDPR add stuff, people grind, CDPR adds more stuff, reset, players grind, CDPR adds more stuff, reset, players grind etc. Ive played tons of MMORPG/Online games and know their problems very well. I would take this path. Reseting might sound like a horrible idea but its actually very good way to get more players to the get game when they know they are on same lvl as everybody else.

I dont get why they need to go online, theres so many online games already and almost everything has been done already multiple times. Cant CDPR do something else like triple A single playing games and movies for example?

Last edited:
I dont get why they need to go online, theres so many online games already and almost everything has been done already multiple times. Cant CDPR do something else like triple A single playing games and movies for example?

Becasue that is where the majority of gaming community is focused on and has been for while. if they dont have some form of multiplayer component even if its seperated from rest of game like RDR2 or GTA5 where singleplayer and online dont cross over. the online portion will get them alot more sales and customers than a singleplayer only will.

Becasue that is where the majority of gaming community is focused on and has been for while. if they dont have some form of multiplayer component even if its seperated from rest of game like RDR2 or GTA5 where singleplayer and online dont cross over. the online portion will get them alot more sales and customers than a singleplayer only will.

You know Trion World was supposed to be "online gaming company" yet they needed to sell themselves to Gamigo. If they wanna take this route, go ahead and try it.

You know Trion World was supposed to be "online gaming company" yet they needed to sell themselves to Gamigo. If they wanna take this route, go ahead and try it.
trion world never put out anything really high quality or impressive as a game and would of had to sell out even iff all thier stuff had been single player

trion world never put out anything really high quality or impressive as a game and would of had to sell out even iff all thier stuff had been single player

I bet we could argue about this forever. I would stay away from online. Maybe do some smallish F2P titles to draw people to GoG but that is it.

I really hope the third CP product is an experiemental oldschool style PnPesque roleplaying adventure (it won't be, but I hope it will). If they think it's something newish to them, it'd make sense since they have now experience on pretty much everything else than that and strategygames.

so those two games, the innovative and multiplayer one will come in addition to cyberpunk 2077 expansions like blood & wine for cyberpunk 2077

so those two games, the innovative and multiplayer one will come in addition to cyberpunk 2077 expansions like blood & wine for cyberpunk 2077
They are just supposed to be part of the universe. Not really an expansions.

First project is Cyberpunk 2077, second one is the multiplayer part, and third is the second AAA RPG game that's supposed to come out by 2021. All these are in Cyberpunk universe.
Then they are also working on Gwent and some studio Spokko is working on another project.

I'm hoping development on multiplayer doesn't replace a real expansion. Blood and Wine was maybe the best DLC I've ever played, and I'd be excited to see CDPR's idea for a 2077 continuation.

Maybe the mysterious third project is a stand-in for this?

They're a publicly traded company, multiplayer brings in new sales as does ongoing gaming as a service. Anyone not thinking they're in it for money hasn't had to put food on their own table

I don't think we should panic or celebrate until those other projects are nearing release (2077 shows how much things can evolve over the years), but I have to say I'm loving that it sounds like they are keeping the different game styles in different games. In my opinion every game I've played that tried mixing single and multiplayer felt like they failed on either one or both fronts. There are just too many factors that are optimally A for SP and Z for MP, and there isn't a good way to satisfy both sets of requirements.

They are just supposed to be part of the universe. Not really an expansions.

First project is Cyberpunk 2077, second one is the multiplayer part, and third is the second AAA RPG game that's supposed to come out by 2021. All these are in Cyberpunk universe.
Then they are also working on Gwent and some studio Spokko is working on another project.

i know that's why i'm asking if big singleplayer expansions like blood & wine and hearts of stone are still in the plans for singleplayer cyberpunk 2077

MMORPG roleplay has nothing to do with actual roleplay, it's just "Make Believe".

Wat?

It completely depends on how much people want to get into character. Almost everything based in the entertainment industry is "make believe" and there are "a few ppl" that really get into stuff. I'm looking forward to setting up teams and having friends that are going to take the game somewhat seriously. Especially when the MP is out.

Where are my future homies who wanna push the boundaries of all the 2077 titles? They are all out there somewhere, maybe on this forum, but we won't be brought together officially until the releases occur.

Yeah it is going to be "make believe", but if I get at least one awesome real life friend out of my 2077 experience, who I can seriously play the MP with, then it is worth it. Who is to say that my character in 2077 won't be based around my real life experiences and then compounded upon in the MP? Maybe my frens and I will be able to meet up IRL, frolic around wearing our favorite cosplay/outfits from 2077, the whole time high on hype and refining our characters we want to portray in the MP?

Would that be "RP" enough?

The MP is going to be jam-packed with people who are just goofing off and acting silly, but what about the ppl who want a more immersive experience? The entire WoW community is "make believin" every time they sit down for gameplay, but they are accomplishing goals, finding friends, and having fun. Same thing happens with the Cyberpunk PnP.

Spoiler alert: it's all role play.

You can't tell me the tru kvlt 2077 community is not going to do the same. Especially when the MP comes out.

Ima gonna be "make believin" hard AF with any Cyberpunk release, hopefully there are few others out there that are in the same mindset.

Hopefully it will be looked down upon to be an absolute idiot in the MP. Maybe those type of people will be the "first to go" in one way or another.

I can imagine that the "make believers" are going to be the ones making Night City the city is deserves to be...as it burns.

Lemme make believe.

well of course they are.

are you sure? so it's three cyberpunk games and two (?) expansions.
sounds like a lot, i guess it's less crazy if one of the game turns out to be a mobile game which i would be okay with personally

Wat?

It completely depends on how much people want to get into character. Almost everything based in the entertainment industry is "make believe" and there are "a few ppl" that really get into stuff. I'm looking forward to setting up teams and having friends that are going to take the game somewhat seriously. Especially when the MP is out.

Where are my future homies who wanna push the boundaries of all the 2077 titles? They are all out there somewhere, maybe on this forum, but we won't be brought together officially until the releases occur.

Yeah it is going to be "make believe", but if I get at least one awesome real life friend out of my 2077 experience, who I can seriously play the MP with, then it is worth it. Who is to say that my character in 2077 won't be based around my real life experiences and then compounded upon in the MP? Maybe my frens and I will be able to meet up IRL, frolic around wearing our favorite cosplay/outfits from 2077, the whole time high on hype and refining our characters we want to portray in the MP?

Would that be "RP" enough?

The MP is going to be jam-packed with people who are just goofing off and acting silly, but what about the ppl who want a more immersive experience? The entire WoW community is "make believin" every time they sit down for gameplay, but they are accomplishing goals, finding friends, and having fun. Same thing happens with the Cyberpunk PnP.

Spoiler alert: it's all role play.

You can't tell me the tru kvlt 2077 community is not going to do the same. Especially when the MP comes out.

Ima gonna be "make believin" hard AF with any Cyberpunk release, hopefully there are few others out there that are in the same mindset.

Hopefully it will be looked down upon to be an absolute idiot in the MP. Maybe those type of people will be the "first to go" in one way or another.

I can imagine that the "make believers" are going to be the ones making Night City the city is deserves to be...as it burns.

Lemme make believe.

You are exiting yourself too much.
What I say if that roleplay in a video game requires an awful lots of scripts which cannot be found in a multiplayer game, and that without those scripts you can only have superficial interractions with the worlds and the other players, meaning all meaningful interraction end up being make believe.

are you sure? so it's three cyberpunk games and two (?) expansions.
sounds like a lot, i guess it's less crazy if one of the game turns out to be a mobile game which i would be okay with personally
They said that they will have expansions and DLCs. But they are not working on them right now. Base game is important now. They will go for expansions and DLCs after release.

Top Bottom