3+ Potions Active Ladder action not possible.

+
3+ Potions Active Ladder action not possible.

When you have 3 or more potions active Geralt will not be able to climb on a ladder. Please fix this.

he cant climb ladders OR boats. I had a post that got buried. but I can confirm that having unsafe level of toxicity will cause this.

This might be more well known if more people played poison trees : 3

TL;R - It's not the total number of potions, it's your overdose threshold - whatever you raised that to.

I've only partially spec'd into alchemy, but even with that have total tox max 204, and can drink 7 potions and still climb ladders. The 8th is what overdoses me.
Decoctions though are so much stronger, can only drink 2 decoctions + 2 potions, so again, total number will depend on your build.

Can't run while burdened, so while don't know if this one is also intended design or bug - leaning towards intended design. Seems reasonable consequence to being overdosed.

Tested it myself and the trigger is not X number of potions, but whatever is your overdose threshold - so if you took the alchemy spec for acquired tolerance and heightened tolerance - your number of potions able to use concurrently can be quite higher than just 3. With only partial spec into alchemy, I can drink 7 normal potions and still function just fine. Or some mix of stronger decoctions + normal potions, long as I am under my overdose threshold.

So that was why I couldn't climb on boats (twice). It sounds like a very weird glitch. What the hell could have caused it?

So, clearing toxicity would allow me to climb on the same boat? I swam so much. :sad:

So that was why I couldn't climb on boats (twice). It sounds like a very weird glitch. What the hell could have caused it?

So, clearing toxicity would allow me to climb on the same boat? I swam so much. :sad:

Yes - likely overdose why you couldnt climb on boats. Can't say for sure aren't other reasons why climb may not work, but for sure if overdosed, it won't work.

Probably no - not a glitch, but likely intended design. I say probably and likely because can't read devs minds, but seems logical since other movement functions are disabled under adverse conditions (e.g. No run while burdened)

Yes and No - clearing tox would resolve get back climb ability, but technically you dont need to full clear toxicity, just reduce your tox threshold below the overdose threshold

Top Bottom