3 Suggestions [Row & Leader Indicator & Regis]

+
1. For cards that need a specific row to trigger their ability, a color based system should be used on deployment. For example if you are using a card that requires melee, than if you go to put it in ranged, there will be a red or orange color indicating it is sub optimal. Conversely, a green color could indicate that placement would result in an ability being activated. Finally, for cards with abilities on both rows, the indicator should be green for both.

2. There should be some visible indication that a leader has used some or all of their power. I know the card log has it, but if the player is distracted looking at their hand or planing their next move, they may miss it. Likewise, constantly checking the log slows the game and risks pushing a player to a time boundary. I suggest showing a note for leaders with charges next to the description. For example if you highlight a leader and it says 3 charges, then next to it could say (2) so the player knows there are 2 left. Also when a player has used finished using the leader ability the leader portrait could be darker.

3. Regis's damage row by 1 and if it kills then repeat should be limited to 2 attacks. To balance it the second hit should be worth 2. This way it is better than lacerate, but still not a massive swing card.

2. There should be some visible indication that a leader has used some or all of their power. I know the card log has it, but if the player is distracted looking at their hand or planing their next move, they may miss it. Likewise, constantly checking the log slows the game and risks pushing a player to a time boundary. I suggest showing a note for leaders with charges next to the description. For example if you highlight a leader and it says 3 charges, then next to it could say (2) so the player knows there are 2 left. Also when a player has used finished using the leader ability the leader portrait could be darker.

There already is an indicator near your name at the bottom left of the screen and by your opponents name at the top left corner.

3. Regis's damage row by 1 and if it kills then repeat should be limited to 2 attacks. To balance it the second hit should be worth 2. This way it is better than lacerate, but still not a massive swing card.

Regis is a 13 value card that usually needs some setup to make that huge swing possible, when played without the proper setup or in a short round its output/cost ratio drops significantly, i doubt that it should be nerfed.

M3e0w

Forum regular
2. There is a visible indicator for leaders. A circle that shows the current amount of charges & it turns red when all were used.

*Also I would like to point out that hanselt's ability can be used even when you don't have any units that meet the condition on the board.

**Also it's possible to know (to a degree) how strong a unit Ardal can sieze.
If you play a 5power unit and his ability turns green then you know. I think the opponent shouldn't be able to get that information.

There already is an indicator near your name at the bottom left of the screen and by your opponents name at the top left corner.

Regis is a 13 value card that usually needs some setup to make that huge swing possible, when played without the proper setup or in a short round its output/cost ratio drops significantly, i doubt that it should be nerfed.

Thanks for the heads up on 2, I will look for it. Regarding 3, the card would still do 3 damage on each unit on the row, not a total nerf, just a balance adjust so it cannot literally wipe the entire row. For ST, SK, and Monsters, the ability to move units onto a specific row is quite potent. It wouldn't take much to scrub the row and decimate the opposing hand. Just saying, 3 is better than infinite in terms of balance.

If you play a 5power unit and his ability turns green than you know. I think the opponent shouldn't be able to get that information.

+1 - never noticed that, good point

2. There is a visible indicator for leaders. A circle that shows the current amount of charges & it turns red when all were used.

*Also I would like to point out that hanselt's ability can be used even when you don't have any units that meet the condition on the board.

If you play a 5power unit and his ability turns green then you know. I think the opponent shouldn't be able to get that information.

Regarding henselt, do you mean the power is wasted if you misclick? Since it plays the card from the deck, I don't see how you could use it on a gold or a bronze without a counterpart in the deck.

Regarding 3, the card would still do 3 damage on each unit on the row, not a total nerf, just a balance adjust so it cannot literally wipe the entire row. For ST, SK, and Monsters, the ability to move units onto a specific row is quite potent. It wouldn't take much to scrub the row and decimate the opposing hand. Just saying, 3 is better than infinite in terms of balance.

There is always the neutral Nivellen available to set up a nice juicy row, besides i don't think i ever saw regis tick more than 3 times (its possible ofcourse but requires some major set up), so i guess making the change you suggest wont be such a major difference anyway.

M3e0w

Forum regular
Regarding henselt, do you mean the power is wasted if you misclick? Since it plays the card from the deck, I don't see how you could use it on a gold or a bronze without a counterpart in the deck.

Yeah, you can waste his ability, I mean... it's your mistake, but I don't see why only Hanselt is liable to someone musclicking. With other leaders you can't use the ability if there's no eligible thing to use it on.

There are a number of row specific units where their effect only happens when that unit is placed on a certain row - why don't these cards have an indicator on their card which shows this? This was common in the early Beta where there were lots more row-specific cards with a sign on the card indicating what row the card could be placed on. I'm someone who skips from deck to deck when playing, I don't just play a single deck every month as I find that boring and right now I've given up counting how many times I've placed a melee-specific card on the ranged row and vice versa...usually to game-losing effect.

Is it so hard to place an icon on the card to indicate if it's a row-specific card? It's been done in previous versions of Gwent so why hasn't it been done in this version of Gwent? It can't be that hard of a quality of life effect to enact.

I like but I think a better option would be an option to have an "are you sure?." Cards like An Craite Maurader can be played on the row their ability doesn't activate if it would be less detrimental, so if you play it on the row that your ability doesn't activate a message box comes up "Do you want to not activate the ability?." Then it would work better for cards like Vrihedd Dragoon that have 2 abilities depending on the row you play it on. Also having it be an option it could be turned off for more experienced players.

Top Bottom