3 things I enjoy in this game - tell me if you feel the same way

+
I have already finished about 1/2 or maybe 2/3 of the main quest line, I am level 32. I sometimes become a dog for small side quests so I have not finished the game yet. I enjoy completing most of the side quests and the minimap possibilities like Assault in progress. I have shared a lot of criticism about CP here. But I do not wish to be a d*** and I d like to say something nice because I really like this game /if I ignore my very high expectations and the hype before release/, even though most people expected more. I wish to also ask the others if they value the same things in CP or if they find totally different reasons to keep playing. In fact Im n00b here in the forum and I do not know how to create a poll , otherwise I would do this in the form of a poll.

So, top 3 things which I really enjoy while playing :

1. The skill system.
It is more complex and more peculiar than it seems at first glance. Really good job there and I esp.liked the fact that skill trees that seem far far away from each other in fact might sinergize in some builds. And it is interesting to develop. I never knew where to put points at the beginning. I also like the fact there is no free re-set of the perks , this might seem like a problem to some , but I find it fun . I paid a lot of money to a ripper doc to buy the item which resets.

2. The stories in small side quests.
I just love the small details and stories in some side quests and it keeps in the game /since I was not happy with the first hours of the main story / Really good job here and there as far as side missions go

3. The dialogues with Keanu
No need for long comments here, he is just amazing !

Which 3 nice things would you choose to share ?

The skill system (imho) needs a rebalance, hacking is so insanely overpowered compared to other skills, combined with stealth it makes the game ridiculously easy, I think a good way to balance this would be to pick only 3 stats and their related perks, make one primary and the other two secondary and set limits, the primary skill can be min/maxed at will and the secondary skills have a cap on how many perk points that can be spent.

The skill system (imho) needs a rebalance, hacking is so insanely overpowered compared to other skills, combined with stealth it makes the game ridiculously easy, I think a good way to balance this would be to pick only 3 stats and their related perks, make one primary and the other two secondary and set limits, the primary skill can be min/maxed at will and the secondary skills have a cap on how many perk points that can be spent.
OK but the topic was about YOUR and other people' s favourite 3 aspects of the game :D

1. Night City. I love how it looks.

2. Cyber fashion. There's lots of room to Improve it even more tho!

3. The Quests. Main and lots of side ones are fantastic, even if some can seem a little disjointed!

I agree with OPs points too - am enjoying the game a lot despite all the problems! Can't wait for more actual content tho ;)

seems to be a case of 1 platform/controller likes driving and another thinks it sux (it sux kb/m)

many of the side-stories are good, but the longer arcs tend to either fall flat or just have 1 oprion

Johnny Douche-Bag is another matter (imo), with little to redeem the expense (to both V & CDPR)!

Skill-tree needs a massive rebalance as it does seem to be 1 option above all-else

Good points many of the 'throwaway' bits are well done
Visually NC is great

Hmm, to toss out three things in no particular order...

1. Conversations certain NPC's have with each other. Some of the convos around where the joytoys roam are quite amusing.

2. Doing crazy shit while driving around the city knowing full well there will be no repercussions. Especially with Motorcycles.

3. Doing even crazier shit to get on top of extremely high buildings and/or places the devs probably didn't intend for the player to reach.

As much as the game can feel flat in certain areas there are a number where it really does nail it.

seems to be a case of 1 platform/controller likes driving and another thinks it sux (it sux kb/m)

many of the side-stories are good, but the longer arcs tend to either fall flat or just have 1 oprion

Johnny Douche-Bag is another matter (imo), with little to redeem the expense (to both V & CDPR)!

Skill-tree needs a massive rebalance as it does seem to be 1 option above all-else

Good points many of the 'throwaway' bits are well done
Visually NC is great
Honestly, every game that has cars even racing games sucks using k/b I use a controller for the driving

1 - The story and characters

2 - Driving around Night City (I never fast travel)

3 - Combat (although it is a little bit too easy because the AI is too passive)

Unfortunately, even the three things that first came to mind still have a vast room for improvement I would like but the list goes as follows:

1) Skill system - I definitely enjoy min-maxing in RPG games, and this one provides me with the possibility to do so. However, the tech tree is entirely useless. For example, the SOR legendary rifle, as well as other legendary items, are sold on level 50 in vendors. Actually, the only items that you can't obtain from vendors are the Quickhacks, which recipes cost 1 skill point and are not in the tech tree, but in Intelligence. Skill points CAN drop from quests. I got two from a single one yesterday.

The only reason to focus on Tech would be tech weapons and their 100% capacity charge. But on max level, it is wasted points in attributes, 10 points would be enough to get what you want in terms of POWER and not progression if you play with tech builds.

Quickhacking, especially Contagion is EXTREMELY powerful if you have a high enough crit chance (above 50). But that goes more in the territory of synergy in gameplay instead of the Skill System.

Regardless, I love the sheer number of possibilities that can come with the skill system itself.

2) Night City, in a pure 3d environment view, it is the best city any game has had throughout the entire history of games. The sheer possibility in verticality is outstanding.

Improvements: I would love to see the "Closed" doors opened and let us explore abandoned or occupied apartments. So far, a little number of these closed buildings are tied to side quests. Even if not always open, I would love to explore the buildings even more and use them to navigate through the city.

3) The narrative every quest provides. Of course, there are lackluster quests, but even those, were actually at least partially engaging. Would love to see more engagement in these side stories though. CDPR are famous for their writing after all.

Lizzy Wizzy's predicament and situation honestly made me believe I was about to go on an engaging adventure and potentially have a fun time with her considering what her boyfriend was thinking of doing with her. Honestly, she was about to become the next victim to the Engram technology, and she simply transfers funds, and no word is said about what will happen afterward. Was expecting more

I exit Jig Jig street and a homeless man with dreaded hair talks to me. It's Stefan and he offers an amazing BD experience. Considering there are close to none BD examples beyond main quests and main character story quests, I decided to indulge. Obviously, something's fishy especially when he says I can only use HIS BD gear. Again my immersion is broken but I pay in a total of 25k eddies. I put the gear and wake up in a bathroom where we found Sandra Dorsett. Scavs. Johnny mocks me obviously. Even though they take and hide all my gear and eddies, leaving me half dead naked in the room, I am a netrunner. I ping all enemies and did not take more than three Contagions to eliminate all. There was a yellow outlined NPC named Spider but her neck suffers a surprise twist. So no dialogue there. I find my gear and exit through the elevator. Of course, I went to get my refund of the product and confront Stefan. For some reason, I couldn't repay in full with bodily harm as I wanted or get my refund as initially, my V commented. Instead, both options offer to let him off the hook and if I try to liberate his head from his neck, I get the police after me. At least I wanted to report him to the police FFS... but again, another example of the illusion of choice.

Regina calls, says someone's son has been killed. We know where the perpetrators are located. Some Malestorm goons protect the gonks. I must find them and deal with them. I go on, and explore, find the base where they are located, and demolish every goon without they even noticing me for the netrunning horsemen of death that I am. I see the quest marker of the room where the gonks are located. They make BDs, snuff BDs to be precise. While they obliviously watch and edit BDs I open their PC (please more hacking, every PC is easily accessible) and start reading the messages and files. My heart shivers and something inside me starts to flame. Of course, I wake them up as they panic and start whining and trying to save their skin, after hearing them out I cut off the younger one's head and then finish off the older one, apparently they were father and son. No remorse. This quest made me think, even though they made such atrocious deeds, was I in the right to punish them on the spot?

Overall, I would like another one:

4) I loved the cover and gun mechanic. probably because I play on Hard and with a Controller, but although AI is REALLY STUPID, I still enjoyed the gunplay. I am a fan of Quake, CS, and Borderlands, even Titanfall, and I play a wide range of shooters with different mechanics. But I genuinely enjoy the gunplay in the game.

Favorite weapon: Johhny's Malorian due to the animations and unique melee. Now that is an example of a true Unique weapon. I wish more weapons were like that, with unique functions that are ALSO visible.

i played stealth + hacking until i picked up sniper which can penetrate walls, after that divided we stand (5 target smart assault rifle) + double jump, i just kept jummping in the air and using my smart gun to mow down enemies on very hard difficulty ( my level enemies) + slow time dodge while aiming. All maxed builds are op. Because main story is nerfed for normies, you don't need to complete anything else to progress. The only "challenge" is when you go for secret ending and get some hard enemies except for broken beat on the brat fights which without fighter perks are very hard.

1 . The story and characters, some truly great missions and some of the best characters I've seen in any game.

2. Combat and weapons, surprised how good the combat is, much closer to an actual FPS than an RPG and multiple ways to engage with stealth, hacking, melee or guns blazing and the weapons feel and sound really good as well.

3 . Night City itself, the environment is a masterpiece, so many hidden little spots with cool stuff to find and the opportunities for screenshots with photo mode are just endless.

1.) Night City (best city construction ever in a game IMO)

2.) The Exploitative Ads (helps with the extreme lack of immersion)

3.) The fashion/over all art assets (top quality but almost wasted as is)

1.) Night City (best city construction ever in a game IMO)

2.) The Exploitative Ads (helps with the extreme lack of immersion)

3.) The fashion/over all art assets (top quality but almost wasted as is)
just give modders mod tools, they will make that game wild, i think problems was the performance issues with consoles, for those who can handle game mods can make it full as it should have been

1. The setting of Cyberpunk actually treated with reverence for source. Lots of changes sure... but its Cyberpunk, that there is no doubt.
2. The supreme level of character choice in build. Finally feel like someone understood rpgs like deus ex and Bethesda's rpgs were good but they needed to go further. Take more risks. (yes, it needs more time but the goals in this games development were highly ambitious and some that didnt make it into launch doesnt mean they have no intention of rework. Movement was massive overhaul in Witcher 3 post launch.)

3. V's male voice actor. I feel like V is my best bud. I could crack a brew and piss the night away with, carefree as me. Despite the dialog sometimes, his accent and mannerisms are perfectly fit to the story and its overtones (maybe excepting Corpo intro)

Nice to seem some opinions here. It is stange for me most people liked the driving, I guess the lap top keyboard means I cannot enjoy it as much as you controller users :)

Top Bottom