3 things I enjoy in this game - tell me if you feel the same way

+
Characters - Nearly every character connected with the main story is greatly writing and superbly voiced, but not fleshed out but i'll not take that away from what is still some of the better writing and voice adting i've heard in video games, CDPR ppl in charge of direction of the actors still have a ways to go though and the ppl who setup all the dialogue options for the players have a lot still to learn on representing the options giving to how and what is actually said, far to often i choose a dialogue option and said option never remotely represented what and how V said it

Johnny - He obviously connected the the main story but he deserves a spot himself simply because of the constant to an fro between him an V throughout the main story, side quests and exploration, i like how each can influence the other depending on approach, action and importantly dialogue choice. There's sad, angry, frustrating, funny, fear, reflection an importantly for such a prominent character moments of friendship that again is very well done. Kudos the the writing team

Last one of no particular order tbh i cant decide between 2 since in alot of ways they go hand an hand i'll just put both- V and builds, not for a very very long time has a game protagonist grabbed me so fast and i just yearned to hear what next they had to say so i'd hop, skip and jump to all talking points i could find, be it quest or just randomly phoning someone to see if anything new was up. This predominately, again, is down to the writing team who i feel surpassed themselves here but just as importantly the lassie who voices V, she does such a great job (when dialogue options match and toned appropriately, again though thats not the actors or writers fault) that as soon as im finished i just want to jump right back in. V is basically the only part of this game i feel anything for, all other characters though greatly writing and voiced are severely underdeveloped and just as you think your going to connect to one of them BANG they leave and are forgotten, you go through everything with V, her hopes, dreams, fears etc and she wears it all on her sleeve, lets it all out if you choose and still fights to her dying breath to survive, she pretty badass an i love her as a protagonist, the builds add to the excuse to jump right back in and build my girl anyway i want

i was pleasantly surprised by the motorcycle vehicle handling. love drifting around corners. the cars, not so much. and being that the deadzone for the motorcyles is stable enough that i can easily weave in and out of traffic at high speeds like a motorcycle is supposed to do. we really need more car chases in this game

combat was again very enjoyable, nothing like blowing apart someone's head with a high level assault rifle after setting it on fire with some quickhacks. the smart weapons are a welcome novelty, i like the smoke trail effects on the jiang dao and sidewinder. reminds me of caseless munition guns like the gyrojet from the vietnam era but perfected in the future. watch some videos on youtube of the gyrojet, it looks so similar. possibly a source of inspiration?

story is a given. cdpr makes rockstar look like high school drop outs when it comes to writing dialog. trevor philips is a walking cringe factory appealing to 12 year olds whereas almost every character in cyberpunk feels complex and multilayered. the voice acting is subdued when necessary. contrast this to bombastic jestering that passes for dialog in gta 4.

the opportunity to help police fight crime is great. i like that they made this a regular feature instead of a scripted one off like in most open world games. although i would have liked a lot more indepth system. maybe once they revamp police ai so they don't shoot you just because you fought a gangster too close to their car and actually recognize that you're a contractor working for them.

solving crimes with braindance, exploring the world for clues, simple but enjoyable forensics gameplay mechanics are to me, the best parts of the game outside of combat. the entire peralez story arc is a masterpiece, whoever designed and oversaw that, give them a raise and have them work on the dlcs for this game.

The skills were good but CDPR really needs to explain what is cold blood better. I agree that the side quests are very immersive and well constructed. I have to disagree with you on Keanu's dialogue, because there's only one trend of where the conversation is going, and he will act the way the program made him to no matter if you were always negative/ positive to him in your choices, so sometimes it would seem like V and Johnny were the worst enemies and suddenly became best homies overnight.

actually he asked if we felt the same way...i don't.....and I listed why.
There are more than enough threads shitting on the game, can one not exist that discusses what people like?

Anyway,

I like the cyberware, but more so the potential of it, I like the skill tree, makes me want to do multiple builds and I like the fixer quests and their stories.

Only the story... nothing less or more. I would write about the city, but it is in context and it is empty, dead, lifeless ... because CDPR did the worst, most mediocre mechanical system in a game seen in 2020 - and I think I am condescending to say that.

I love the dialogues with Keanu and the small side stories as well, but I don't think that the skill system is very good. Having cleared 100% of the game, I haven't managed to get even one of the skills to level 20. So, unless I spend the entire game with un-optimal weapons boosting only one skill, I don't think I'll ever reach level 20 in a skill. And I mean, I think I could be running around in this world for an entire month and not reach athletics 20.

8/10

The three points of the first post also count for me.
Absolutely true. Especially the skill system is something new and I really enjoy it.

Additionallly:

1.) How NC feels ... it is dense, it is loud, it is dangerous and you have differences between poor and rich people etc. etc. The whole city feels like a real city with a ecosystem in huge problems. Amazing

2.) How characters in missions and dialogs behave. This is a new standard for me, I have never seen something like this before. Face expressions and gestures are perfect matched and feel natural.

3.) The clothing and their link to the social status of the person. This is great. I would just love to buy these things too. :)

My current V is 60 hours old and my god, she has fun in this town ... or not, depending if you ask me or her.

Regards

1. Love the Art direction and it's implementation, be it the city, the character animations or the item design. It's great how visual a lot of the NPC implants are. So huge kudos for the whole art dept. and graphics programmers and so on.
2. Love the characters, the dialogue and writing. Not exatly the story and interactivity i was hoping for , but what was done is top notch.
3. Love the overal gameplay design in connection with the level design. Stats allowing specific interactions to take different ways. While more and more games are now looking into such, the different paths to a goal are surpassing most of those. If it wasn't for most gigs being quite contrary to peaceful solutions - as is expected, imo, by it being Cyberpunk - i'd think it would be completly up in the Olymp next to Bloodlines, because we'd get to see what great dialogue solutions the devs would have done.

And for all that positive aspects i like the game and might bemoan (quite silently) the shortcomings.
As it let's me personally crave for a lot more - which in a silly way, makes it feel less completed than it is. E.g. "I want more dialogue with Misty, she should react to more, there's a lack.", is more a praise of the great dialogue she already has and how she seems more important and involved than she actually is as her role to the game.

1. The characters - I think Cyberpunk did really good at making you fall for characters. I'm not talking about the primary ones either; learning about Clair, Vik's convos, Misty, and even the random vending machine (That broke my heart, mind you!). I really felt a connection with the characters.

2. The shards, News reports, Lore - Learning about the world, it made it tragic the more you played. This world where people were able to make themselves look young, had horrible things going on that were almost considered normal. When I first started playing the game, I was excited and wanted to get involved with the world, wanted to live in that world.... towards the End after hearing some of the news reports and learning things that were considered 'normal', I'm okay with 2020.

3. The quests -

So, you get a call to take out one of the big guys for the animals. You do the mission, everything is taken care of, continue on your life. You go a little further about to head into the badlands (I believe), and a police thing pops up. You go to it, get attacked by animals, kill everyone, read the information. You find out that the person whose dead infront of you was the same person who hired you to kill the big guy from earlier. It took me a minute, went wait a second... looked back through my texts and than went: ....Oh, I might have caused this.

After you meet the third guy for the fighting quest, if you beat him, you get three options; Take nothing, Take the car but leave the money, or Take the money and the car. He has a pregnant girlfriend (Or wife) so I pick the second one. Figured it would teach him a lesson. Have the final fight, he's there and he tells me about how girl is having the baby. Next day (I think) you get a text from him with a picture of the baby and telling you about her. It's not that serious, it's nothing that changes V's life -but- it shows that they did have a change in the world and people ACTUALLY think about them enough to text them picture of their baby.

My all time favorite quest is the Vending machine quest. It's 100% pointless, there is LITERALLY nothing that you do, you show up and talk to a vending machine. He tells a joke, and you leave. You show up another time and stop someone from vandalizing him. You have these random events until he gets taken away and deprogrammed. I was sad about Jackie, I said Aw with Evelyn, I even felt bad for the future mayor and his wife BUT I have never wanted to track people down and murder them like I did when they took my vending machine away!

1 . Pon
2 . Pon
3 . Shit
jk!
1. City environment. I'm just loving it. But still i think they should made a better use of PACIFICA.
2. Radios and soundtrack selection. Ritual FM, Body Heat and Pacific Dreams made my day.
3. Facial animations and details present on the skin and objects.
2020-12-30_1959_1.png

1609411144477.png

2020-12-27_1639_1.png
2020-12-27_2351_2.png

This is a great list of what you like about the game but for me in my opinion the 3 great aspect of this game is one you can do whatever you like with your character you can make him a beast literally with gorilla cyberwear, two the dialogue its so good if people actually listens to what the npc are saying you can see that cdr really put effort in and three THE ROMANCE i know its just a side quest or a side thing to the story but you really get into it man i swear to god the feelings i had with this game is unexplainable probably one of the best game i played by far despite all of the bug i mean all games have bugs. Cdr really did a goodjob props to all of you if you see this

PS. suggestion about the upcoming dlc a expansion on v and panam's life or v and judy's life after they left or something elsee that relates to that thank you

Top Bottom