3000 series users

+
Just wondering how is performance for you?
I'm still on a 2000 series card (Galax 2080 OC 8GB). I wasn't expecting it to run at max but the performance is terrible.

Does it run like shit on a 3090 too? With 24GB VRAM, second generation rt cores and third generation tensor cores surely it must run really well?

I think my main issue is that my card is a first gen rtx with first gen rt cores. And that it only has 8GB VRAM.
I can see on gpu-z that VRAM usage is nearing max 7700MB+ I have tried this

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/117

and I think performance is better? But I'm not really sure.

My specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X 3.60 - 4.40 GHz
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
GALAX GeForce RTX 2080 OC 8GB
SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio
Logitech Z-5500 Digital
Stadium USBPRO
AOC Agon AG271QX 144Hz (1ms)
LG Flatron W2261VP (2ms)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB
Samsung 850 ProSeries SSD 512GB
Samsung 840 ProSeries SSD 256GB
WD Black SATA 1TB
WD Black SATA 1TB
WD Green SATA 1TB
Pioneer 206BK Blu ray burner
LG SATA 18x DVDRW
Corsair RM 750x 750Watt PSU
Noctua NH-U12A
Cooler Master CM 590 III
Razer Goliathus Control Mouse Pad
Cyborg R.A.T. 8+
Roccat VULCAN 80 Mechanical with Brown Titan Switches
Win10 x64

Running with:
GTX 3090
i9 10900X
32 DDR4
NVMe m2 1TB

I get 60-70fps with a setting of 4K and everything maxed out.

Just wondering how is performance for you?

Not great. I find I like the game best with RTS turned off at 1080P (my monitor doesnt support higher res). It not only runs better, but for the most part also looks better. I can run RTS at 1080p, but theres big frame drops when Im driving and certain cinematics completely destroy FPS. But the biggest issue is that I think DLSS turns the graphics muddy.

I have asus RTX 3070. Quite old I7 5820K, Asus X99 Tuf motherboard, 32GB of older ram. Installed on a SSD.

ps. I find that DLSS has been a big disappointment, turning my V into pixellated mush outside photomode.

Tried for a while without DLSS just to test what you said.

FPS went down by half, just 30-35FPS and I didnt see anything less or more pixelated so I decided to leave it on.

4K with everything at Ultra, raytracing and more than 60FPS at all times is something great that CD Projekt achieved

I honestly can't see a major difference in the looks of the game for a lot of settings. I'm running on a GTX 1070 and playing with everything set on medium except LOD set on high. I have film grain, chromatic aberration and contact shadows turned off. I'm playing at 1440p locked at a steady 30fps. I could play at a steady 45fps but that makes my GPU run at around 84c (at 30fps it runs at around 75c and I just feel safer.)

At any rate, try turning some of the shadow / shading stuff down to medium, lock the framerate at the lowest you can stand and see how you feel. The game will perform a lot better and still looks fantastic. The Outer Worlds had the same sort of issues. Couldn't tell a huge difference between a lot of the settings on PC so it was just better to run them at lower settings. (It also looked like blurry crap on consoles when it came out.. not sure if it still does I remember that as a big complaint.)

Tried for a while without DLSS just to test what you said.

FPS went down by half, just 30-35FPS and I didnt see anything less or more pixelated so I decided to leave it on.

4K with everything at Ultra, raytracing and more than 60FPS at all times is something great that CD Projekt achieved

Without DLSS there will be jaggies. And there'll be more of a grainy look even with film grain off.
Post automatically merged:

I honestly can't see a major difference in the looks of the game for a lot of settings. I'm running on a GTX 1070 and playing with everything set on medium except LOD set on high. I have film grain, chromatic aberration and contact shadows turned off. I'm playing at 1440p locked at a steady 30fps. I could play at a steady 45fps but that makes my GPU run at around 84c (at 30fps it runs at around 75c and I just feel safer.)

At any rate, try turning some of the shadow / shading stuff down to medium, lock the framerate at the lowest you can stand and see how you feel. The game will perform a lot better and still looks fantastic. The Outer Worlds had the same sort of issues. Couldn't tell a huge difference between a lot of the settings on PC so it was just better to run them at lower settings. (It also looked like blurry crap on consoles when it came out.. not sure if it still does I remember that as a big complaint.)

1070? Of course you can't see a difference. You're not able to see ray tracing effects. 1000 series isn't capable of rtx.

I see no point in capping the frame rate as it doesn't even reach 60 fps. Barely reaches 50 if in doors. Often it drops to 40 or less. I have most settings on medium and I have the SMT fix as I have an AMD CPU.

Last edited:
I've got a 3090, and it runs buttery smooth at Ultra+Psycho settings. Everything looks great in convos, walking around the city etc, but windows indoors is what kills it for me. Nearly impossible to see through them and the reflection is immersion breakingly bright.

Attachments

• 20201213175921_1.jpg
    20201213175921_1.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 131
I've got a 3090, and it runs buttery smooth at Ultra+Psycho settings. Everything looks great in convos, walking around the city etc, but windows indoors is what kills it for me. Nearly impossible to see through them and the reflection is immersion breakingly bright.

I see nothing wrong in this screenshot.

Got a 3090 GTX
Intel i7 7800X at 4.2Ghz
32GB 1333Mhz RAM
I run windows on one 500GB Nvme SSD and my gaming disk with Cyberpunk on a separate 1TB Nvme SSD.

I get about 60 FPS but i also have three monitors of which i play on the center 1440p monitor and have two 1920x1200 side monitors.
All monitors are IPS and color corrected as i use them for photo editing as well.

Ryzen 7 3700x, 3060 RTX tuf gaming oc 12gig, 32gb corsair vengeance pro Ram, B550 mobo, Nvme 970 evo plus 250gb, everything maxed out, 1440 Ray tracing on ultra runs great

Same processor as OP, 3080rtx. Running about 55 fps typically. More in Badlands, bit less in Center.

photomode_15012021_180651.jpg

Sunset Liftoff.jpg

ArclightTrailerElevator.jpg

DC9V

Forum veteran
Ryzen 9 5950X
EVGA RTX 3090
4x8gb DDR4 3600 CL15
Gigabyte x570
1500W PSU

game vers. 1.2: 60 FPS, no crashes so far.

in-game settings:

1) RT_Ultra ; 4K ; DLSS_Performance ; Ultra details
2) RT_Ultra ; 3200x1800 ; DLSS_Balanced ; Psycho/Ultra details

Temps:
CPU: 70-85*C
GPU: 75*C
everything air-cooled

Bios settings:
everything on auto ;
PBO, SMT, and XMP enabled.

GPU settings:
slightly overclocked, increased power limit ; Nvidia Control Panel: FPS capped at 360 in order to reduce CPU temps when loading. Forced Anisotropic Filtering at 16 ; Negative LOD: clamp ; Gsync enabled

Windows:
Fullscreen optimisation disabled

Last edited:
Top Bottom