37 days to go help me pass the time!

+
Alright. So I'm certain I am not the only one here who has taken a week or two of vacation from work simply to delve into Cyberpunk 2077. However, every day that gets closer the longer the days get. I'm also certain i'm not the only one here who has devoured every single scrap of information I can seek my teeth into a few dozen times by now.

So for these next 37 days how are you passing your time with that insane anticipation scratching at the back of your head? I have been spending extra time exercising. My body is killing me. A person can only do so many pushups! I'm big into reading, but all of the books I've been wanting to read have been read now. There are many anticipated sequels coming out, but aren't out yet. So I'll take book recommendations especially ones related to RPGs and cyberpunk.

Amateurs!
aY732PO_700b.jpg

l1kwwnxk43i51.jpg

Anyway... try some litrpg books. The Land is a decent series for the first few books.

We've got our *last* Night City Wire this Thursday.

I've been trying to keep myself occupied with other activities on the side.

Not sure if you're a software developer, but you can participate in Hacktoberfest 2020 for October, contributing to open-source software and building software with your hands is kind of cyberpunk to me (depending on the project you choose, but every contribution helps). Plus you get swag for participating.

I'm going to school and work right now, so time kinda flies fast, making sure I knock out weeks advance of work and school-work before my one week vacation.

I've also been planning on my first playthrough, what I imagine doing in Night City first, and attributes for my V.

If you're looking for material this is some of the stuff I've read/watch/play whilst waiting:
  • Altered Carbon (netflix show)
  • Neuromancer (book)
  • Westworld (hbo show)
  • Akira (movie)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (this game is what started it all for me, and ultimately getting this game! inspired me to become a better software dev)
  • Ghost in the Shell (anime tv series)
Other material, not particularly cyberpunk but can relate to V or is just plain fun idk:
  • Outlaw Star
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • MFKZ
Seems like you've read the lore already (World of Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk 2020, etc), wasn't sure if you were looking for books exclusively, just listed what I've been into, hopefully it provides some useful time-killers for you

We've got our *last* Night City Wire this Thursday.

I've been trying to keep myself occupied with other activities on the side.

Not sure if you're a software developer, but you can participate in Hacktoberfest 2020 for October, contributing to open-source software and building software with your hands is kind of cyberpunk to me (depending on the project you choose, but every contribution helps). Plus you get swag for participating.

I'm going to school and work right now, so time kinda flies fast, making sure I knock out weeks advance of work and school-work before my one week vacation.

I've also been planning on my first playthrough, what I imagine doing in Night City first, and attributes for my V.

If you're looking for material this is some of the stuff I've read/watch/play whilst waiting:
  • Altered Carbon (netflix show)
  • Neuromancer (book)
  • Westworld (hbo show)
  • Akira (movie)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (this game is what started it all for me, and ultimately getting this game! inspired me to become a better software dev)
  • Ghost in the Shell (anime tv series)
Other material, not particularly cyberpunk but can relate to V or is just plain fun idk:
  • Outlaw Star
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • MFKZ
Seems like you've read the lore already (World of Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk 2020, etc), wasn't sure if you were looking for books exclusively, just listed what I've been into, hopefully it provides some useful time-killers for you

Well I'm no software developer, but I am a Game Master/Dungeon Master/StoryTeller.

What I just decided to do was create a Vampire The Masquerade game set in Night City. It's going to be a rocking Cyberpunk-VTM Crossover. I'm looking forward to streaming it.

Funny that the closer it draws near the less excited i am.
Game companies take way too long to capitalize on franchises. Surely profits allow bigger dev teams.

Funny that the closer it draws near the less excited i am.

Doesn't quite work that way for me, but my brain sure goes all scrambled up the closer we get to the launch. It is incredibly difficult to deal with something I have been obsessing over for years when it finally arrives. My anxiety is on overdrive and Im not sure I have the state of mind to naturally enjoy it..

Now I worry whether I will be able to get my hands on a 3070 which I've been saving toward since september 2019. Ive been planning to upgrade my graphic card for JUST this occasion for at LEAST 2 years. Ive waited and waited to get the best deal available at launch... but WILL it be available? Stats say no. Nvidia cannot satisfy the demand.. I need to get incredibly lucky. Now I worry what my game experience will be like..

To pass the time I play other video games... which I am not in shortage of.

I am extremely disappointed that Cyberpunk red didn't come out earlier. It would've been a sure hit during the summer as we wait for 2077.. Now it seems like I might not make the purchase even, let alone find the time to play it.

Light a light in a lonely heart
Dying me with words Ye god!
Big O... Big O big o BIG O
baa naa naa nuh nah nuh nah nah

woo woo
woo woo
woo woo
woo woo
dun dun
dun dun
dun dun
dun dun
BIG O BIG O BIG O BIG O!!!!!!!
Cast in the name of god
Ye not the guilty
We have came to team
BIG O!
Swear an eternal oath
to this city that lost all of its past.
Dying me with words
BIG O!!!!!

People often say It's like Japanese Flash Gordon Combined with Japanese Queen + giant fighting robots + batman + cyberpunk. also trains. and a dark city. and the matrix.
Good guys still wear black.

Have fun!

Dying me with words Ye god!
Big O... Big O big o BIG O
baa naa naa nuh nah nuh nah nah

woo woo
woo woo
woo woo
woo woo
dun dun
dun dun
dun dun
dun dun
BIG O BIG O BIG O BIG O!!!!!!!
Cast in the name of god
Ye not the guilty
We have came to team
BIG O!
Swear an eternal oath
to this city that lost all of its past.
Dying me with words
BIG O!!!!!

People often say It's like Japanese Flash Gordon Combined with Japanese Queen + giant fighting robots + batman + cyberpunk. also trains. and a dark city. and the matrix.
Good guys still wear black.

Have fun!
Little boy, I have no idea what you just said, but you reached out & touched my heart.

Booked 3 days off work and that means 5 days of time to play Cyberpunk 2077 as much as I want.

Predicament is, Play on PS4 Pro on release day. or go pick the PS5 up in a crazy queue at the store, and go home and install on PS5. If Save Data is transferable then it doesn't matter I suppose. Won't be much difference to start off with as there is not any upgrade...

Playing Matrix: Path of Neo (PC), Avengers (PS4) and will try to complete Star Wars: Squadrons (PS4) before November 19th.

Alright. So I'm certain I am not the only one here who has taken a week or two of vacation from work simply to delve into Cyberpunk 2077. However, every day that gets closer the longer the days get. I'm also certain i'm not the only one here who has devoured every single scrap of information I can seek my teeth into a few dozen times by now.

So for these next 37 days how are you passing your time with that insane anticipation scratching at the back of your head? I have been spending extra time exercising. My body is killing me. A person can only do so many pushups! I'm big into reading, but all of the books I've been wanting to read have been read now. There are many anticipated sequels coming out, but aren't out yet. So I'll take book recommendations especially ones related to RPGs and cyberpunk.
Branch out. Read some of the classics. Faust (Goethe), The Metamorphosis (Kafka), anything by Orwell, Phaedo (Plato), anything by Tolkien. Or work on learning a new language, and see how advanced your reading skill can be in it by the time the game comes out.

Booked 3 days off work and that means 5 days of time to play Cyberpunk 2077 as much as I want.

Predicament is, Play on PS4 Pro on release day. or go pick the PS5 up in a crazy queue at the store, and go home and install on PS5. If Save Data is transferable then it doesn't matter I suppose. Won't be much difference to start off with as there is not any upgrade...

Playing Matrix: Path of Neo (PC), Avengers (PS4) and will try to complete Star Wars: Squadrons (PS4) before November 19th.

You know this is one thing I'm "slightly" concerned about is save data being transferable. The new Xbox version isn't supposed to be available until next year, and I'm not going to wait that long to get the game. However, if the performance is much better on the new xbox that might be a good reason to get one. I have a feeling that I won't mind replaying the game though if I have to.
Post automatically merged:

Branch out. Read some of the classics. Faust (Goethe), The Metamorphosis (Kafka), anything by Orwell, Phaedo (Plato), anything by Tolkien. Or work on learning a new language, and see how advanced your reading skill can be in it by the time the game comes out.
I love many classics. Such as Socrates' nicomachean ethics, Dante's inferno, I've been meaning to read Faust so thanks for the reminder. I've also studied many languages over a couple of decades. They don't ever seem to stick, lack of use I imagine being the biggest issue, however I can understand a bit more than most even if I'm not so good at speaking them...koreans never understand my attempts at korean for example.

You know this is one thing I'm "slightly" concerned about is save data being transferable. The new Xbox version isn't supposed to be available until next year, and I'm not going to wait that long to get the game. However, if the performance is much better on the new xbox that might be a good reason to get one. I have a feeling that I won't mind replaying the game though if I have to.

Yeah, hopefully it all will be transferable. but we shall see what happens down the road, pretty sure CDPR would be up for Save Data transfers, just be down to Sony to develop and get it released out there.

Anyway... try some litrpg books. The Land is a decent series for the first few books.

Heck! I didn't even knew that genre even existed and its pretty new too. I might also have a look into this genre. See that Hideo Kojima now that is how you make a new genre.... :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom