Sujan

Forum regular
where can i get the plugin?

EDIT:

ok forget it. i found the plugin^^

Last edited:
No one has my problem?
http://gyazo.com/1afa29b79e37423f0cef83b94ee06c1d

When I import a simple parallelepiped from 3ds Max in REDkit (for example 1m x 1m x 2m sizes) then the editor gives very large size (right in the picture). And if I import the 0,1m 0,1m x 0,2m (left) - more like the truth (girl for comparison). What can I do to size coincided? What's the point? If simple shapes can be proportionally reduced, how to be complex? Proportional scale in 3ds Max does not work - still a huge parallelepiped.

Help, please.

Solution, guys, solution! If anyone is interested, of course.

7 times revising Klabautermann’s tutorial, I once again found that the perspective grid (Home Grid) is too large for that sizes.

I rummaged in max settings and found at last a solution that satisfies everybody (and I have always been exposed to the default). You need to set in Customize (of 3ds Max) - Units Setup - System Unit Setup – not 1 Unit = 1 Millimeters, but 1 Unit = 10 Millimeters - OK - OK.

And then you import the mesh sizes are the same. It is unclear what to do with objects were created in previous settings (in fact proportional scale in 3ds Max still does not work). Starting again from zero? Does not seem the best option.

In any case thank you for your attention ^_^

Attachments

• By Klabautermann.jpg
    By Klabautermann.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
Sorry, it's me again, I want to kill the trouble finally. The most interesting for modelers, but... ;)

Objective: to import into REDkit 3D-model created in Max (when default settings are Units Setup - System Unit Setup - 1 Unit = 1 Millimeters).
Problem: importing model will obtained exactly 10 percent more.

Solution:
1. Right-click on the Scale Transform Type-In - put 10% in Offset: World
2. Tab Utilities - Reset XForm - Reset Selected (reset changes about scale)
Problem: polygons turned inside out
3. Modifier Normal (and then Convert to Editable Poly optional)
4. Export via MAXScript - Red Engine Exporter - Export Mesh
5. Import to REDkit and voila - the size of the correct type!

Attachments

• Scale-solution.jpg
    Scale-solution.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom