3RD PERSON MOD for walking

+
3RD PERSON MOD is just a necessary thing.I'm not asking for a 3-person scene, but I'm asking for the ability to see my character when walking around the city. We can ride a motorcycle and see ourselves and that's fine,please give the same opportunity for walking.When I walk with a first-person view I feel blind.I'm not comfortable.I respect the decision of the developers, but I ask you to listen to the players and allow the players to choose which camera to turn on to walk around the city and its surroundings.I can't use mods because I play through GFN. Thanks
14772633.jpg

I'd love that too, but look at your shadow when you are walking around, it's a horrible abomination... You're bald, your weapons are attached to your arms with sticks, hovering above you and you don't seem to walk, but glide over everything, and if there is walking animation in you shadow, its clunky, robotic, downright cartoonish...

Imagine being a fly on the wall when the developers at CDPR are discussing these shadow issues.. There must have been serious technical hurdles that they just couldn't overcome, let alone actual 3rd person view (which they said beforehand wasn't going to be a thing anyway)

I don't understand why the developers didn't just reuse the animation of Geralt for the third-person view.
We can't adjust the height or weight of the character, which makes their job easier.

I'd love that too, but look at your shadow when you are walking around, it's a horrible abomination... You're bald, your weapons are attached to your arms with sticks, hovering above you and you don't seem to walk, but glide over everything, and if there is walking animation in you shadow, its clunky, robotic, downright cartoonish...

Imagine being a fly on the wall when the developers at CDPR are discussing these shadow issues.. There must have been serious technical hurdles that they just couldn't overcome, let alone actual 3rd person view (which they said beforehand wasn't going to be a thing anyway)
I agree, we don't know for sure, but there's still hope.When I tried to play with the the 3rd person mod on the computer, of course I was scared, but still more pleasant than with the view from the 1st person.But I believe CDPR can do it and do it beautifully and well :)
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand why the developers didn't just reuse the animation of Geralt for the third-person view.
We can't adjust the height or weight of the character, which makes their job easier.
I agree, I don't understand it either

annimations are usually tied to riggings, which if good are generally different for different models. They have programs that interpolate it, but those are not that great. Also, most of the missing animations are things I don't think geralt or Siri does. like use various Guns, slide, hover jump, double jump, super jump, eat with chopsticks etc.

But mostly they didnt see a lot of reason to spend time redoing animations for third person if they were locking it to first person, and running out of time.

If they do ever get around to making an online mode they'll have to put in 3rd person animations for us to see other peoples character animations so someday it might be doable... (unless they force folks to use in game NPC's which obviously already have animations.)
you're right, so it's still possible.

I agree, we don't know for sure, but there's still hope.When I tried to play with the the 3rd person mod on the computer, of course I was scared, but still more pleasant than with the view from the 1st person.But I believe CDPR can do it and do it beautifully and well :)

I was (am?) optimistic, especially when I heard a lead dev say in a leaked investors meeting that they consider the current behaviour of the police a bug, which had me hoping it would be improved. I'm just very doubtful they would work on a 3rd person view, because there are so many other flaws and bugs in existing mechanics and behaviours that (should) keep them busy...

It can only be possible near to multiplayer release. In multiplayer, you have to see other player's body, so there is no escape from that. When it's done, then maybe they can add that feature, but I don't expect that and honestly I'm not interested with TP either.

I was (am?) optimistic, especially when I heard a lead dev say in a leaked investors meeting that they consider the current behaviour of the police a bug, which had me hoping it would be improved. I'm just very doubtful they would work on a 3rd person view, because there are so many other flaws and bugs in existing mechanics and behaviours that (should) keep them busy...
It's true bugs and problems need to be fixed in the first place
Post automatically merged:

but I don't expect that and honestly I'm not interested with TP either.
yes, that's why there should be a choice

It would have been better to just add cutscene where you could see your char, now people ask for 3rd person cam because of that.

As other user said, it will be probably be a thing when and if multiplayer will be added.

You're bald

There are a lot of games that don't cast hair shadows, even ones that play only in 3rd person view. But the bald head you see in your shadow is an imitation in this game, the player character is actually headless during 1st person view. The only time the head loads in 1st person view is when the player interacts with mirrors. And I believe that's the main reason why when you push the button to switch from 1st person view to 3rd person view in a vehicle it sometimes takes a few seconds to register because it's waiting for the head to load.

I want to explain. I'm not asking you to redo the game for 3rd-person camera. I'm just asking you to add the ability to switch between the 1st and 3rd person. Let the player choose which camera to use to walk around the NC

Last edited:
I want to explain. I'm not asking you to redo the game for 3rd-person camera. I'm just asking you to add the ability to switch between the 1st and 3rd person. Let the player choose which camera to use to walk around the NC

Nothing in the game was planned for third person view. So anyway, to add just a little bit of third person view (as walking out of combat), CDPR would have to redo a whole lot of things. If a modder gets there, he would probably do a "huge" job (huge is probably not strong enough yet).
I don't see how CDPR could do that now :(

Nothing in the game was planned for third person view. So anyway, to add just a little bit of third person view (as walking out of combat), CDPR would have to redo a whole lot of things. If a modder gets there, he would probably do a "huge" job (huge is probably not strong enough yet).
I don't see how CDPR could do that now :(
Yes. It's not impossible, for example, that some of the level design is too cramped for third person to even fit (you need a minimum distance between the character and any obstruction), which would make conversion less straightforward than people seem to assume. You also get into issues of whether to make the camera dynamic, making the game difficult to play (see driving, where in third person you can't see where you're going for a while if you change directions), or immediately reactive (motion sickness). Also, when there's so much interaction with objects through the centre point of the screen, that's yet another source of problems.

Top Bottom