3rd Person Mode is Here! [Third-party mod.]

+
Well, it doesnt matter to me what view this game is at this point. Ive played enough FPS's for it not to be a brain shock to me. Ive played enough mmo's and single player games that had TPV as well.....so either work for me. Its not really worth the fuss to be honest.

However, watching that video made me laugh. Those animations still need a tweak or two haha.

That swimming animation....just wow.

Whatever you are sick of, it is you that is sick and it won't help you if you go around trying to cure everyone else of what is causing you to suffer.
Okay, then maybe you should also take a look in the mirror. ;)

Again, we are talking about a video game. A video game that is designed around the first person. Its like asking for a first person in a Mario game.

I'm not a fan of first person. In the old days I played classes in CORPG/MMORPGs just because I like their combat-animation.

It would be nice if their where a compromise. If it is not possible to make a "shooter" without first person, so why no cutscenes? Like in KCD. Was okay. Or optional ooc-3rd person?
They adverdise the game in trailers and ingame-footage with cutscenes of cool V. Because it looks better and brings the "message" to the player? Of course it do.

...and then you play V in the game and see him/her für 10 min. in 70h.
Nice.

It would be nice if their where a compromise. If it is not possible to make a "shooter" without first person, so why no cutscenes? Like in KCD. Was okay. Or optional ooc-3rd person?
They adverdise the game in trailers and ingame-footage with cutscenes of cool V. Because it looks better and brings the "message" to the player? Of course it do.
Yes, I was pretty disappointed that there was basically only one cut scene in which you could see V.
More cut scenes would have been a great way to see your own character more often.

Whelp gz to you PC players but gawd darng my eyes with them animations :D

Couldn't understand why they just never allowed a toggle between FP an TP like say skyrim, guess i now know

oMG when you use your weapon. Crying. These animations are painful to watch, which clearly shows the game was made for first person in mind.

Though just like in the demo gameplay, I would have loved for some cutscenes here and there to see my beautiful V. :giveup:

oMG when you use your weapon. Crying. These animations are painful to watch, which clearly shows the game was made for first person in mind.

Though just like in the demo gameplay, I would have loved for some cutscenes here and there to see my beautiful V. :giveup:

Definitely

the very last scene, sitting on the tank, while great, made me snort my coffee because my poor lass was bald /sigh

Definitely

the very last scene, sitting on the tank, while great, made me snort my coffee because my poor lass was bald /sigh
Bald? I'm so sorry. :giveup: All this stress though... probably that's why she went bald by the end of the game. Poor thing.

so you are the type who like to go around Night City naked or with biig boobs and extreme female animation, like some skyrim female?
Quite the strawman you dug up there. Always the last resort of those with nothing backing them up. :ROFLMAO:

Yes we are and part of that conversation is not acting like a tyrant and projecting our demands onto others. If you want to point a finger, it will only ever be pointed back at you. Whatever you are sick of, it is you that is sick and it won't help you if you go around trying to cure everyone else of what is causing you to suffer.
Post automatically merged:

I guess ultimately that would depend upon your perceptions of my behavior. Look at me and tell me what you see within yourself if you want.
Sorry, won't finish talking to woke forum goers

It looks a lot like any other early modding attempt on a new game. But as with games like Skyrim, modders can eventually do incredible things with a game.

Looks gross, and the last thing this game needs is a third person mode. Its simply designed around FP. If that is a dealbreaker for you, maybe play something else? I'm so sick of it, that everyone always believes, that everything has to be adapted to their personal needs.

I don't get your point at all. If modders can achieve it to a good standard (which they will), what harm is there in having that option for people who want to download the mod?

Ziffa

Forum regular
I need this. I hope CDPR gives 3rd person for the fans who want the option because millions on console can't depend on mods. Imagine the outpouring of love and positivity if they ACTUALLY gave gamers what they want.

Please CDPR, listen to our cries! :sad:
3rd person was cut because most of the content would have been needed, with first person only, no need to fix animations, neither add cutscene or render outfit outside inventorry, ecc..ecc..

They cut so much out of this game that it's probably a 20% of what it should be.

People expecting the world out of the 2 patches and DLC really need to think straight because this game is probably,hopefully, gonna change in a 1-2 year time.

It's a lot of wait folks

i can appreciate people wanted 3rd person and this being a brand new mod, buuut this needs A LOT of work... (in other words, looks terrible... V looks completely uncoordinated when it doesnt look completely glitched, lol)

Give it time. When modders get full modding tools for a game what they produce tends to be a lot more exciting than what the devs do for that game.

I am not a big fan of TPP games, however locking Cyberpunk in 1st person view did nothing for this game.

This is actualy rant not about lack of optional TPP ( I don't care lol ), but why the frick cutscenes were cut so we have to " enjoy " forever locked first person mode.

During combat FPP works great, but every conversation requires from me to pick the best "shot", like I am film maker or something. When I did my second playthrough I realized how many little things I've missed since i wasn't looking in the right direction. Little example ( sorry for making this long ) , when you ask at the bar about Evelyn, Judy is standing on your left side but camera is by default aimed at the barman. Once you ask barman about Evelyn, Judy reacts to that, looks at you with concern in her eyes, she finish her drink and leave the bar.

I'll bet that 99% of the players havent even seen this moment ^ becouse they were looking at barman. So why someone bothered to animate that scene ?

Every emotional scene would have been better with normal camera panning, switching from one face to another etc.
I can tell without a doubt that I would prefer typical conversation camera like in The Witcher games, Mass Effect etc.
It would also add so much depth to the meaning of " who is our version of V " if we could actualy see ourself during conversations or cutscenes.

They really got better game direction back in the 2018 in that famous demo. It had beautiful cutscenes and we could've seen our V. But then some men in shiny suit sugested: " acTUAlllY... wHAt If wE tEll thE sTorY frOM plaYEr eYEs perSPEctivE ? aHHHhh sO aRtiStiC "

I'm quite positive that 2018 version was a masterpiece in a making, but we'll probably never know if it was.
It's lost like tears in rain.

What we have is fun to play action RPG. With budget bigger than Star Wars movies.

Last edited:
It looks a lot like any other early modding attempt on a new game. But as with games like Skyrim, modders can eventually do incredible things with a game.

I don't get your point at all. If modders can achieve it to a good standard (which they will), what harm is there in having that option for people who want to download the mod?
There is no harm in that. I just find the idea of a 3rd person-mode in this game ridiculous.

And many people accuse the game of lacking a 3rd person-mode as if it were an obligation to implement one. And I really have a problem with this "but I want it that way" - attitude, especially in this game.

Modder can do what ever the hell they want, but I think a 3rd person-mode wouldn't do the game a favor.

See my cool outfit?

Hold on a sec..... lemme open my inventory so we can both admire it :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the vast array of available clothing is nice, but could be much better coupled with a transmog system.

Top Bottom