3rd Person Mode is Here! [Third-party mod.]

+
I keep that in mind (I'm following the modding community closely for this game anyway). It's still a bit janky in its current state but really promissing and will become a must have once it's fully functional.

Can't wait until that day, that will bring a whole new point of view while playing this game.
On the side note, they don't even have to make everything in third person. For example, if the camera goes back to first during cutscenes or sequences that are too difficult to put in 3rd, it's completely fine.

Guest 4522391

Last edited by a moderator:
Will i ever be able to forget this odd weapon use animation when playing in first person, knowing what happens right behind my line of sight, from this stuff nightmares are made.

I wished i could just make this video unwatched :3

Guest 4402625

1st Person decision was a huge mistake imo. If this game was 3rd person it would be masterpiece in terms of immersion and cinematography.
Have you ever watched a 1st person movie? I'll tell you, probably none. Because it's the most annoying and immersion breaking thing to watch.
I really do not understand the reasons behind this decision. It just doesn't fit the atmosphere and narrative.
90% of the first person games are nothing but a empty shooters for a reason, think about that.

1st Person decision was a huge mistake imo. If this game was 3rd person it would be masterpiece in terms of immersion and cinematography.
Have you ever watched a 1st person movie? I'll tell you, probably none. Because it's the most annoying and immersion breaking thing to watch.
I really do not understand the reasons behind this decision. It just doesn't fit the atmosphere and narrative.
90% of the first person games are nothing but a empty shooters for a reason, think about that.
I agree with you 99% but I say 99% because I have to concede that the perspective thing is subjective. For me personally, first person perspective is almost always the exact opposite of immersive though if done really well even I can appreciate it. In this case though it was not done well at all, we're just a floating camera no different than COD and the game world does nothing to make the first person perspective special.

It wasn't until around 2018 (if I remember right) that CDPR announced they were going first person only and based on everything that's transpired since then I think it's pretty clear regardless of their claimed reasoning that they ultimately did so to cut as many corners as possible to make things easier.

How you look matters? No, no it doesn't. How we look is completely and totally meaningless even to our experience of how we look because we cannot see ourselves unless we stop playing the game. We have to break what tiny fragment of immersion that is there in order to see how we/our character looks.

It even still says in the character creation screen "In Night City Looks Are Everything"...
8.jpg

My guess is by the time 2018 rolled around they realized CP2077 was a complete shit show and just did whatever they could to hopefully be able to salvage something and sell that something so that they don't lose money on all the wasted years of development hell.

It's really frustrating and sad on so many levels but they have a chance to make it right. I hope they do.

It was a huge mistake FOR THIS VERSION of the game...
Look.. the version they were planning it was in a world that was immersive where you can react to everything in the world.. hell you could have sit on things.. eat, drink alone, with people.... turning ads off, on.. change them.. see yourself in the mirror when you try on clothes to buy and react people with their faces.. see how they feel.. But that game is not this game so i agree that it was a mistake because they cut everything that made sense for a 1st person immersive game.. we dont have that and i kinda got used to it being 1st person but i see that it wasnt meant to be like that... when you break a dooor its awesome in first person.. think about how would be getting in the middle of the wall with ur mentis blades or hack a dude with ur monowire... its weird but that game would have been amazing in first person.. Dont even see the point of cutting the 3rd person cut scenes at this point... this game is GTA 5 at this point for me ...hell GTA 5 has an AI like einstein and cyberpunk 2077 well probably 10 year old me intelligence... the cars AI is.. well following a road and if ur car is in the middle they just stop.. i dont wanna talk about it cause we got nothing for 1st person so i guess id like to see this mod do good.

If this game was in third person, there's be a horrendous amount of problems with aiming guns, there'd be constant camera angle nonsense, and all the current flaws would still be a thing.

Also, the idea that third person is more "immersive" is a bit of a stretch. You're supposed to feel as if you're in the world, not simply watching your avatar bumble around in the world through some out-of-body experience. Granted, the story does sabotage that a bit, but the principle applies regardless.

If this game was in third person, there's be a horrendous amount of problems with aiming guns, there'd be constant camera angle nonsense, and all the current flaws would still be a thing.
I agree gun play is almost always better in first person, can't argue that. However I don't think you have to make a game in first person only or third person only. You can do both. MGSV did both and the gameplay is incredible.

Also, the idea that third person is more "immersive" is a bit of a stretch. You're supposed to feel as if you're in the world, not simply watching your avatar bumble around in the world through some out-of-body experience. Granted, the story does sabotage that a bit, but the principle applies regardless.
It's just the whole subjective thing again so it's not a stretch at all except for the individual who is experiencing it. Thus the whole "options" thing being so important.

. You're supposed to feel as if you're in the world, not simply watching your avatar bumble around in the world through some out-of-body experience.
For me that would only work in VR, and not just by having a first-person perspective on a monitor. Also - different people have different preferences - why not let the player decide?

1st person would be fine if they didn't cut everything that made it immersive. but they did so it sucks.

Cyberpunk 2077 Mods #4 - Third Person Mod! JB - TPP Installation & Demon...
via @YouTube
So you can finally see female V running around naked with bouncy biiig boobs and extreme female animation?, useless, you want to do good thing for this game open up doors, add quest and so on, third person in this case is pretty useless

I like the first-person mode in CP2077 it makes the gunplay better and felt like the characters are talking to me, some cars interior is so good for immersion. But if there are people that like the third-person mode, I won't complain if they give the option, if third-person need more animation done, maybe they can copy-paste the NPC animation to V's.

However I don't think you have to make a game in first person only or third person only. You can do both. MGSV did both and the gameplay is incredible.
I wouldn't mind having the option. It's just that the guy called first person a mistake and suggested that "if only the game was in third person then it would be a masterpiece in terms of immersion", which leads me to think he'd have wanted a game strictly in third person.

Top Bottom