3rd Person Mode is Here! [Third-party mod.]

+
The move was solely to save time. Because they intentionally didn't make any correct animations for the body. They used all the cheats they could do. No real time reflections. The mirrors are all fake. So they didn't have to actually animated 3rd person mode correctly. Go and find a mirror. And watch V's mouth not work. While the characters talk. The option should have been there. Because popping in and out of the head would have helped with the players getting a connection to V.

Remember how actors always say the eyes are very important. And if they wear something over them. it makes it harder for them to give emotions. Times that by 100. with only hearing their voice. It's why lots of people are really harsh on Johnny and V. 3rd person Cut scenes where needed, if for anything, at minimum.

i hope the modders find a way to use the in-game animations from NPC's ... the moving around looks weird with custom animations

As for me, I personally have nothing against 1st person perspective, but only if it is done properly, with proper animations, perspective, shadows, reflections, allowing the player see interactions of his character with environment like pushing buttons, opening doors and such.

Cyberpunk seems to be very lazy on this aspect. V body looks and acts like a student's work on Unreal Engine

i hope the modders find a way to use the in-game animations from NPC's ... the moving around looks weird with custom animations

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion.

An officially supported modding kit would be ideal, but given enough time, modders always find a way.

Hey guys now someone made a 3rd person mod which does work kinda.. But i want too ask question about what happens once you use this mod.. does our character walk/run/aim/shoot like that in the world? i mean okay we can't see our character its first person only but does our character behave like that when we walk or are in action?. when you look at your player shadow our character does run a bit wonky something like that its like unnatural yknow.. this make me suspicious on the decision they made for not able to see the player's reflection anywhere even with raytracing on because if it were there you would see the glitchy messy wonky character animations " not sure of course " could be because of the mod forcing the game to do something its not meant to do.... so here is the mod " nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/669 "

and some gameplay of that mod " not me " in which you can see what i mean 😁👌

Last edited:
See my cool outfit?

Hold on a sec..... lemme open my inventory so we can both admire it :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the vast array of available clothing is nice, but could be much better coupled with a transmog system.
Yeah man the fashion options are too good to waste on first person only and we do need a transmog system too.
Post automatically merged:

The move was solely to save time. Because they intentionally didn't make any correct animations for the body. They used all the cheats they could do.
Exactly but some people bought the whole "it's for immersion" thing hook, line and sinker. :shrug:

I like the first-person mode in CP2077 it makes the gunplay better and felt like the characters are talking to me, some cars interior is so good for immersion. But if there are people that like the third-person mode, I won't complain if they give the option, if third-person need more animation done, maybe they can copy-paste the NPC animation to V's.
First Person looks more immersive to me. Mostly on my 50" Tv I play like from 80 cm far away.
When I play with lights off, first person feels like I am in the world. I don't see the edge of the screens very well.:love:
Played few days back some Crysis 3 on 4k high settings with my open headphones.
The game looked flawless on my 50" HDR TV, the sound on my sennheiser hd 599 was very perfect and directional.
It was like I was in the world.
Not as best as VR but close.

If this game was in third person, there's be a horrendous amount of problems with aiming guns, there'd be constant camera angle nonsense, and all the current flaws would still be a thing.

Also, the idea that third person is more "immersive" is a bit of a stretch. You're supposed to feel as if you're in the world, not simply watching your avatar bumble around in the world through some out-of-body experience. Granted, the story does sabotage that a bit, but the principle applies regardless.

Bah! Horse-pucky!

This is all wrong!

First, there are SO many games that do third person shooting well. Division, Division 2, GTA, Ghost Recon Wildlands off the top of my head that I have played in the last couple months.

Second, the idea that first person is more immersive is utter nonsense. As someone else astutely pointed out, how many movies are shot in first person only?
Almost none!
Why?
Because it is terrible to watch and enjoy!!

Third person IS more immersive for so many reasons.

You can see more of your surroundings.
You can see your character and form a bond with them as they interact with the world.
You are not forced to endure eye strain staring point blank at every error in the textures of the world.
You are not forced to endure staring directly into the uncanny-valley as you watch badly lip-synced and poorly animated NPCs lifelessly pantomime their lines at you.
There are so many more, but that is a few off the top of my head.

From Dead Island.

My biggest wish is The Division games, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Mass effect games is in first person mode.

If this game was in third person, there's be a horrendous amount of problems with aiming guns, there'd be constant camera angle nonsense, and all the current flaws would still be a thing.

Also, the idea that third person is more "immersive" is a bit of a stretch. You're supposed to feel as if you're in the world, not simply watching your avatar bumble around in the world through some out-of-body experience. Granted, the story does sabotage that a bit, but the principle applies regardless.

I can understand combat going into first person mode. But cutscenes/conversations with NPC's alongside walking around in the world should have offered the option just like vehicles where you could swap from 1st person to 3rd person.

What's the point of all this fashion, crafting design for different weapons and armors when you see your character a total of 3 times in the game outside riding a motorcycle? It's wasted development.

I can understand combat going into first person mode. But cutscenes/conversations with NPC's alongside walking around in the world should have offered the option just like vehicles where you could swap from 1st person to 3rd person.

What's the point of all this fashion, crafting design for different weapons and armors when you see your character a total of 3 times in the game outside riding a motorcycle? It's wasted development.
Exactly. that is why for me, the more I played the game the more I don't like it. I didn't even do Kerry's side quest cause they show up so late in the game, by that time I just wanted to hurry up and finish the story. Everything being FPP in this type of game just makes the game really fucking boring.

Top Bottom