+4 effect doesn't stack ?

+
+4 effect doesn't stack ?

In Kill the Servers round 2 cards like Ice Giant and Clan Tueirsach skirmishers can't be buffed more than once when their ability triggers (frost,play from graveyard).

Is that intentional ?

Because I remember in KTS round 1 the Ice giant effect used to stack although I'm not so sure about that .

Then why would I take him or any other +4 effect card .. I'll just take vanilla Mantocore then (11 strength) with no complicated setup .. Too much of a risk and too little of a reward

Manticore is not immune to frost. Doesn't work well with frost heavy deck, thats why you take giant

Manticore is always 11 strength though .. You don't need weather for that and siege is much less targeted by weather than melee

We need to get past the idea that every card should be the best card in the game. The Ice Giant takes more work to get to 11 than the Manticore, but he won't get debuffed in weather like the Manticore would in rain. There could also be Scorch effects for specific rows where you'd rather have a 7 STR on Melee than a scorchable 11 on Siege. Cards will be situational and some will ultimately be worse than others. The Ice Giant doesn't need to be stackable to be useful. Cards fill different functions and not everything is about pure power or strength level. The meta will dictate which cards are more useful.

We need to get past the idea that every card should be the best card in the game. The Ice Giant takes more work to get to 11 than the Manticore, but he won't get debuffed in weather like the Manticore would in rain. There could also be Scorch effects for specific rows where you'd rather have a 7 STR on Melee than a scorchable 11 on Siege. Cards will be situational and some will ultimately be worse than others. The Ice Giant doesn't need to be stackable to be useful. Cards fill different functions and not everything is about pure power or strength level. The meta will dictate which cards are more useful.

I totally agree with this statement.

My view on the Clan Tuirseach Skirmisher , along with a lot of people is that is was basically the Old Empower ability (Which was stackable) but that is not the case anymore.

Top Bottom