4 loading screens

+
4 loading screens

They say there are approximately 4 loading screens in TW2.Does that mean there will only be 4 different chapters or different places to visit?How is this possible?

fchopin said:
They say there are approximately 4 loading screens in TW2.Does that mean there will only be 4 different chapters or different places to visit?How is this possible?
In The Witcher 2 will be 3 Acts, so, probably, we will see loading on the start of each act.Prolog -> Loading -> Act I -> Loading -> Act II -> Loading -> Act III -> Loading -> Epilog

Gotta admit, those screens sure did seem to load smoothly on their presentation!Im really impressed!

Me too! For loading screens were one of the worst things about The Witcher. I would be happy if they could half them and make them quicker, they got rid of them!!!! That's just insane! This engine gets better by the minute!

If there are only 3 acts and the prologue then i hope the places are very big and much larger than in TW1.What has improved that is making loading screens not important in TW2?Is it the coding or the new engine?If it's the new engine maybe CDPR can loan the engine to other game companies and make more money.

fchopin said:
If there are only 3 acts and the prologue then i hope the places are very big and much larger than in TW1.What has improved that is making loading screens not important in TW2?Is it the coding or the new engine?If it's the new engine maybe CDPR can loan the engine to other game companies and make more money.
CDPR made a new engine called TSOOD. When you say it, it is like CUD in Polish, which means miracle, beacuse it's the best rpg engine. You can see it on gameplays :)

genNighty said:
CDPR made a new engine called TSOOD. When you say it, it is like CUD in Polish, which means miracle, beacuse it's the best rpg engine. You can see it on gameplays :)
Well so far it's looking like a miracle so if CUD in polish means miracle it's a good name for the new engine.

Yes i saw that.I like the part... We've build the best RPG engine in the world.They sound very confident, i hope nothing goes wrong.

fchopin said:
Yes i saw that.I like the part... We've build the best RPG engine in the world.They sound very confident, i hope nothing goes wrong.
For now, I don't know better engine like this. Of course FPS games have better graphic, but that engines cannot handle RPG mechanics.

Does having 4 loading screens in the game means I will have to wait a lot of time each time I want to load the game? If so, it's a very powerful tool against people who load all the time.

Netopier said:
Does having 4 loading screens in the game means I will have to wait a lot of time each time I want to load the game?
No. It means that loading time will be a lot shorter than it was in the first Witcher. The first Witcher had lots and lots and lots of loading screens -- every time you entered a house, there was a loading screen. The Witcher 2 is supposed to have only four loading screens in the entire game. That means that loading is faster.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Does having 4 loading screens in the game means I will have to wait a lot of time each time I want to load the game?
No. It means that loading time will be a lot shorter than it was in the first Witcher. The first Witcher had lots and lots and lots of loading screens -- every time you entered a house, there was a loading screen. The Witcher 2 is supposed to have only four loading screens in the entire game. That means that loading is faster.
It doesn't mean that loading is faster, it means that there are significantly less loads. The load times for those 4 could be very long for all we know. But even if they are going to be long that wouldn't bother me as much as the many many loads in Witcher 1 (unless I die a lot and have to load all the time lol)

Netopier said:
Does having 4 loading screens in the game means I will have to wait a lot of time each time I want to load the game? If so, it's a very powerful tool against people who load all the time.
from how other games have tried to reduce load screens in the past, it probably simply means it loads in the background. When you load your save game, it will load everything in the immediate area, but once you move, if you are moving close to a new cell, the game quietly loads the assets in the background. Since you can see activities inside buildings, presumably they are no longer wholly separate areas at all, merely densely populated/detailed areas in the game world. We'll have to see how this affects framerate and such. worked fine in the demos, but they were probably using top of the line equipment. I know Oblivion sometimes had hiccups when loading a new cell in the background, but that was several years ago, I didn't notice them nearly as much in Fallout 3 with the same hardware. but their indoor locations were separate and had load screens. different engine, but same idea, at least outdoors

Tomek Gop said, that they were playing on average PC configs. I don't know all the components, but PCs on GC have 4gb ram. So

genNighty said:
Tomek Gop said, that they were playing on average PC configs. I don't know all the components, but PCs on GC have 4gb ram. So
Welp all I know is im upgrading to 4 gigs of ram this sept so I will run into ZERO possible downfalls!This game looks amazing and I want to play it on full graphic settings if at all possible!2 new gigs of ram in septmaybe a new vid card (if needed, mine is pretty good still) in Febuary for Birth Day present to self!I shall over come!Plus I think Deus Ex3 is going to also be pretty demanding on my system

genNighty said:
Oh, well that's good! Still, I am sure they will further optimize it to cover as large an audience as they can (within reason). Tangent: one thing I did like hearing was that it will support DirectX 10, but *also* support older versions. I remember the (justified, i think) complaining when Just Cause 2 came out, and would only play on Windows Vista and above due to *only* supporting DirectX 10. http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53312/Confirmed-Just-Cause-2-Drops-DirectX-9-Not-Supporting-Windows-XP that's something that would be bad. But anyway, looks like my 4 gigs of RAM and a GeForce 8800 GTS should be just fine.

Only 3 acts? Then the game structure must be quite different than the first game. I wonder if there are more than 3 areas.

slimgrin said:
Only 3 acts? Then the game structure must be quite different than the first game. I wonder if there are more than 3 areas.
well that would depend on size of area SlimWhen Geralt exited the castle in that one walk through, area looked massive in size

Top Bottom