40 hours in and I too have never seen rain outside of specific missions. Tested with time skipping and here are the results.

+
In over 40 hours played....never an acid rain storm and one normal rain storm at dusk. Im also curious on the algorithms used to trigger storms of any variation.

Nope, it rains for me randomly more or less, beautiful graphics when it's raining though, the work CDPR have done on Red Engine is amazing

Nope, it rains for me randomly more or less, beautiful graphics when it's raining though, the work CDPR have done on Red Engine is amazing

I wish it would rain more because of how atmospheric it makes the world. It feels more cyberpunk to me when its dreary and pouring with rain

I was travelling through the badlands trying to look for stuff to do and got caught in a dustbowl (which does not damage or slow you, oddly enough). I've also had it start raining lightly in the city on several occasions. Those are the only two dynamic weather effects I've seen in my 120 hours, though.

hello it's raining in my game and I don't have any mission so it's natural weather
my game is running for a while I think it helped

I just played the game, doing a couple of side missions and in the evening it was raining. It was not a main mission, just driving around clearing the map.

Im on PC. Here is what I have found.

I noticed alot during play that the road would become wet like its raining, but there was no actual rain visible many times. Later on I hex edited the EXE to disable TAA to see what the game looks like. This is when I noticed that when the road turns wet there is an extremely light rain effect happening. The rain drops are so tiny and light that you can hardly see them with TAA off, but you can see them. While I had it turned off, I never saw the roads become wet without seeing rain. I am sure TAA is wiping out the light rain in CP2077. After turning TAA back on (unfortunately the game doesn't work properly with it off for some reason) I have not seen the light rain again, just roads getting wet.

I think you're on to something. After I took a mission during mid day I could hear light rain. Didn't notice much of a visual difference, thought of your post and decided to turn off the Grain filter - yep, tiny drops were visible.
Also a friend who's ahead in the story (Act 2 after a few main missions AFAIK) reported that he suddenly started seeing some weather changes. Will push my main story to see if that has any impact or he lucked out.

Rain doesn't seem super common but I have had it running around the city just doing blue missions that pop up. My one issue with the rain is that when you go under a bridge, in order to not have it not rain under the the bridge (I would imagine), the sun will essentially come out as you pass under a bridge then it goes back to raining as exit from underneath the bridge. I wonder if fast travel resets a rain cycle or something, I haven't used fast travel at all because I would stop and do blue missions along the way.

Just found out this video that confirms the "resetting weather" glitch (or I hope it is, otherwise it's a design choice that doesn't make much sense).

There definitely is rain.. but its quite random.. after all, NC is in California...

Attachments

• 123rain.jpg
    123rain.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 89
Yes there is dynamic weather because I've just witnessed it on Xbox Series X.

I completed the quest where you end up in Judys and when you get outside its raining. I drove around for a bit marvelling at the rain then saved the game.

When I loaded it back in the rain has disappeared which was weird, but anyway I went back to V's apartment. I checked the weather on the little dials and it said cloudy for a few days. I put him to sleep twice. When I woke up it was raining again.

I went outside, grabbed my car and went on a drive across town. The rain lasted for 10 minutes with some fog. Then it started to ease off and gave way to sunshine, but it was still wet. It was nicely done all in all, loads of puddles left over in the sun.

Im not sure if a mission triggers the dynamic weather. i know that in some games that is the case, and before i hit that Judy mission with Evelyn it hadn't rained except in the prologue with jackie.

Rains a lot for me on PC and I absolutely love it -- the game at its most beautiful. How crazy that it seems to vary so much between players.

(I've seen a sandstorm or pollution storm once (outside the story quest with the sandstorm) in the Badlands, so they do happen.)

Im not sure if a mission triggers the dynamic weather. i know that in some games that is the case, and before i hit that Judy mission with Evelyn it hadn't rained except in the prologue with jackie.
Yes some quests does like "Gimme Danger" with Goro. It's always Sunny when you're on the roof (for the view/dialogs with Goro), but after it always rainning.

Top Bottom