40 kegs pack not good value compared to others?

+
40 kegs pack not good value compared to others?

I was considering keg pack options and decided to calculate the price of each pack to check their value.
It looks like the 40 keg pack is overpriced compared to the other bulk packs though?

The following prices are Australian $ rounded to 3 digits:

2 kegs = $1.895 / keg
7 kegs = $1.857 / keg
15 kegs = $1.667 / keg
40 kegs = $1.625 / keg
60 kegs = $1.417 / keg

While the 15 and 60 keg packs seem good value, the 40 keg pack isn't really discounted enough to make it worth buying over the 15 keg packs. It's currently priced at $64.99 (AUD). I think it would be more enticing at $60.99 (AUD) making each keg $1.525 which is a nice discount between 15 and 60?

Just thought I should mention it as I'm surely not the only customer doing weird things like calculating individual keg prices while deciding which pack to buy lol.

It's still cheaper than the 15 kegs....

You are complaining about the bulk discount between 15 and 40, but nonetheless there is a bulk discount....

Yes it's cheaper than 15 kegs... by 4 cents. Or 3 cents in USD currency.

On a per keg basis:

The 15 keg pack provides 18c discount over 7 pack
The 40 keg pack provides 4c discount over 15 pack
The 60 keg pack provides 21c discount over 40 pack

That seems pretty inconsistent to me? It looks like the 40 keg one should have been cheaper, or the 15 keg one more expensive, so that there is a greater gap between them which would make the 40 keg pack more attractive (which as a larger pack than 15, it should be and currently it's not).

Then again it's entirely possible that CDPR figured the 15 and 60 packs would be most popular and priced them accordingly.

Top Bottom