4th & 5th Blue Stripes Commando

+
4th & 5th Blue Stripes Commando

I just checked all my saves of my previous playthroughs and all of them have 5 BSC cards. Google search on other forums says that having more than 3 is a bug.

Can anyone confirm this?
OR anyone care to tell me where are the other two? Btw, I bought the third at white orchard. Thanks.

I've had 5 Blue Stripes in the past as well, but haven't been able to find more than 3 since the 1.21 patch. Maybe it was indeed a bug and the patch fixed it?

I remember the White Orchard innkeeperess got a second BSC after I'd bought all her cards and a few days had passed. Now she only gets a new Decoy.

Yes, you could have 5 Blue Stripes until B+W was released. They were acquired as follows:
- 2 in the starter deck
- 1 in White Orchard, Innkeeper
- 1 in Midcopse, sold by the Merchant
- 1 in Crow's Perch, sold by the Quartermaster

Potentially also at other merchants in Velen.

Anyway, while I think that these merchants still sell the cards and that you can spend money on them, I am very sure that you now can only have 3 Blue Stripes in your card collection anyway. So, it was a bug, and they fixed it.

Northern Kingdoms is still the easy mode for Gwent though.

Yes, you could have 5 Blue Stripes until B+W was released. They were acquired as follows:
- 2 in the starter deck
- 1 in White Orchard, Innkeeper
- 1 in Midcopse, sold by the Merchant
- 1 in Crow's Perch, sold by the Quartermaster

Potentially also at other merchants in Velen.

Anyway, while I think that these merchants still sell the cards and that you can spend money on them, I am very sure that you now can only have 3 Blue Stripes in your card collection anyway. So, it was a bug, and they fixed it.

Northern Kingdoms is still the easy mode for Gwent though.

Hi @Sunsibar - you recently started your 5th game after B&W update right? Yet you still had the 5 pieces of BSC cards.

As much as @Lytha's comment above makes a lot of sense, I wish to confirm this to other players.
Or, do we have a way to have a correspondence with the REDs?

I'm somewhat OCD about gwent, so I have actually a table sheet with all the cards and cross them off once I got them. I am pretty sure that I gave those 3 merchants money for the Blue Stripes - but when I checked the deck later on, I still only hat 3 Blue Stripes.

That is with new games started after release of BaW. :)

I can confirm that the Midcopse and Crow's Perch merchants do NOT sell Blue Stripes any longer. :)
A real shame. Having 5 Blue Stripes was awesome (especially with Roche also present):

Last edited:
I'm somewhat OCD about gwent, so I have actually a table sheet with all the cards and cross them off once I got them. I am pretty sure that I gave those 3 merchants money for the Blue Stripes - but when I checked the deck later on, I still only hat 3 Blue Stripes.

That is with new games started after release of BaW. :)

Haha similarly, I have a checklist of all merchants and players.
Which is why I was a bit confused when all the cards left for me was from the high stakes and I still have 3 BSC cards.
Also, the gwent book in the inventory says that there are no more cards around the world except those in Novigrad High Stakes. :(

---------- Updated at 01:58 PM ----------

I can confirm that the Midcopse and Crow's Perch merchants do NOT sell Blue Stripes any longer. :)
A real shame. Having 5 Blue Stripes was awesome (especially with Roche also present):

Having 5 Blue Stripes is a must for 500+ Gwent score. Now it remains but a dream. LOL

Having 5 Blue Stripes is a must for 500+ Gwent score. Now it remains but a dream. LOL
Dandelion + Cerys + 3 shield maidens + Olgierd + Olaf
3 War Longships + some commander's effect
3 transformed young berserkers + command effect

(2+1+1) + 10 + 3*(4+1+1)*3*2 + (6+1)*2 + (12+1)*2 = 4 + 10 + 3*36 + 14 + 26 = 162 points in melee. Mhm....
3*6*3*2 = 3*36 = 78 points in siege
3*8*3*2 = 3*48 = 144 points in ranged, if I am not mistaken and the transformed young berserker is worth 8 points.

162 + 78 + 144 = 384 points total...

Well, not in the 500 score range, but that would be rather high score as well.
And rather unlikely to have in hand. ;)

And then, there comes the enemy's Scorch. Boom. ;)

Dandelion + Cerys + 3 shield maidens + Olgierd + Olaf
3 War Longships + some commander's effect
3 transformed young berserkers + command effect

(2+1+1) + 10 + 3*(4+1+1)*3*2 + (6+1)*2 + (12+1)*2 = 4 + 10 + 3*36 + 14 + 26 = 162 points in melee. Mhm....
3*6*3*2 = 3*36 = 78 points in siege
3*8*3*2 = 3*48 = 144 points in ranged, if I am not mistaken and the transformed young berserker is worth 8 points.

162 + 78 + 144 = 384 points total...

Well, not in the 500 score range, but that would be rather high score as well.
And rather unlikely to have in hand. ;)

And then, there comes the enemy's Scorch. Boom. ;)

Cerys card is great! It's a recipe for turning the odds onto you. But yeah, somewhat unlikely to have all in hand. Especially when you only have Avallac'h as spy card on your deck. This is also why NR deck with 5 BSC is OP. Maybe they reduced it to 3 to rebalance the game. Saaaaad.

It was just 3 Blue Stripes initially, before HoS was released. Then suddenly you could get 5 of them.

There were threads about that, with people wondering, too. In that thread about "post your highest gwent score", there were wild accusations about cheating and stuff.

Anyway, yeah, CDPR fixed it.

Hi @Sunsibar - you recently started your 5th game after B&W update right? Yet you still had the 5 pieces of BSC cards.

As much as @Lytha's comment above makes a lot of sense, I wish to confirm this to other players.
Or, do we have a way to have a correspondence with the REDs?

Yeah, I'm on my fifth game right now with 5 commandos, but I started it just before BAW and latest patches.

So... I started a new game.

Merchant in Midcopse won't sell a Blue Stripes anymore indeed.

But I can run 4 PFIs instead, that is sooo overpowered. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks to share that it was fixed with the patches, I was looking for them in a NG+ I started after finishing Blood & Wine. I have another play through before that and I do have the 5 blue stripes commando cards hehe.

Top Bottom