5.1 Audio Problem (No voices in rear speakers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.1 Audio Problem (No voices in rear speakers)

Hi,

First of all my native language is not english, so i hope i can explain myself.
and i'm new to this forum i hope i post this in the right place.

I have a surround system of only 4 speakers(i'm missing the central) i have 2 main speakers(to the front) and 2 in the rear. unfortunately i haven't been able to get my exact sound card model, only says (VIA high definition audio) point is that, in game i only hear background noise in the rear speakers but not the dialogs, if a character speaks "behind the camera" i can not hear them AT ALL (the voice dont even sound in the front speakers), i read only the subtitles.

I test it like this... facing at them (when they are talking of course) then turning arround.

when im seeing directly at a character, i hear the dialog in the front speakers. when i have it in the back, can not hear the dialog (only background noise).

Other games work well. even with only 4 speakers.

hope someone can give me some suggestions. thanks in advance.

NikChile said:
Hi,

First of all my native language is not english, so i hope i can explain myself.
and i'm new to this forum i hope i post this in the right place.

I have a surround system of only 4 speakers(i'm missing the central) i have 2 main speakers(to the front) and 2 in the rear. unfortunately i haven't been able to get my exact sound card model, only says (VIA high definition audio) point is that, in game i only hear background noise in the rear speakers but not the dialogs, if a character speaks "behind the camera" i can not hear them AT ALL (the voice dont even sound in the front speakers), i read only the subtitles.

I test it like this... facing at them (when they are talking of course) then turning arround.

when im seeing directly at a character, i hear the dialog in the front speakers. when i have it in the back, can not hear the dialog (only background noise).

Other games work well. even with only 4 speakers.

hope someone can give me some suggestions. thanks in advance.

So you have 4 speakers in a 5.1 setup which requires 6 speakers, if I understand you correctly.
You can try to assign your 2 speakers to other outputs in your sound card options. Maybe the game assigns outputs 3 and 4 to background and not outputs 5 and 6, or reverse.

TW3FanApp said:
So you have 4 speakers in a 5.1 setup which requires 6 speakers, if I understand you correctly.
You can try to assign your 2 speakers to other outputs in your sound card options. Maybe the game assigns outputs 3 and 4 to background and not outputs 5 and 6, or reverse.

something like that... it supports 7.1 but i dont have all the speakers, however i can configure it in the sound card options to stereo (2 speakers), 4 speakers, 6 speakers or 8. so i actually dont "require" 8. and i dont need subwoofer. i have it in 4 and functions correctly in all other games/programs etc...

i'll try doing what you say and see if it works.

thx :)/>.

(The rhythmic stomp and clatter of the paladin forces could be heard at some distance. The subtle glow of holy light around them spread like pre-dawn glow. In the open plains before them, undead milled, lifelessly and aimlessly, but their eyes were alight with ghostly sparks. The necromancy was not the worst they had ever faced, but 6 years of animated corpses still filled the open ground before them.

(He addressed his troops, but not a sound passed his lips. The soldiers stared back at him blankly from under their silvery helmets. He gestured a few times, then threw his arms up in frustration.

(Looking down at his gear, he checked to make sure he wasn't muted. He had an audio device selected. Stupid thing. He plugged and unplugged the sound jack a few times. A couple of the paladins came forward, hands pointing and signaling as they tried to troubleshoot the issue.

(He looked up and waved both arms to get the attention of the archers. He traced an arc in the air with this hand. The archer captain cocked his head. Frustrated, he pantomined loosing a bow, then traced the arc in the air again, and vigorously pointed at the undead. The captain nodded and gave him a thumbs-up. In a moment, arrows began to streak toward the shambling corpses, dropping them in droves.

(There were a few pops of static. All at once, the sound came flooding in: shouted orders, the deep thrum of bows being loosed, the sickening thock and sizzle of blessed arrowheads searing into necrotic flesh.)

There we go! Let's hop to it boys! Infantry, whatcha waiting for? Don't give that garbage, Albertus! Not buying it! Sound is working fine now. Take the AirPods out! Let's put'em back in the ground.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom