5.1 surround sound issue (Realtek)

+
Hello, I've recently bought a new 5.1 speaker system for my PC, took me a while to get everything set up but it's working great in general. Not in the witcher though. What happens is that the middle channel volumes are absurdly low, which results in low music volume and basically any sounds coming from in front of the player's camera to be inaudible.

I've done 1 day's worth of research and some people have suggested adjusting their xaudio2 files in sytem32 and syswow64 folders but that hasn't worked for me. It's really frustrating when this is a 4 year old Game of the year and this issue is still there. Everything's updated on my PC and speakers work fine on other apps / games. I've tried tweaking some changes in the room corrections settings and have Dolby / DTS enabled, still nothing.

Can anyone please help me with a fix for this? (loudness equalizer is shit btw)

Maybe check out this thread. Some of the ideas there might help with your problem?
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...stuck-in-stereo-this-makes-it-surround.37952/

Not sure how well TW3 really works with 5.1 (never tried that myself)...

I have, along with many others. That's the 'fix' I mentioned earlier. It's from 4 years ago and with the recent updates I doubt these edited files work anymore. It's frustrating when the surround sound works fine on consoles but somehow isn't an option for PC.

This is a tough one, as different sound solutions will have different files and drivers and such. One things you can try which I find often works just fine is uninstalling any drivers and simply allowing Windows to auto-configure the device using UPnP. (That usually works with most hardware.) Third party drivers might offer features like reverb settings or artificial environments that I would argue aren't really that useful for most applications anyway, so there's no great loss in not installing the software.

This is also a place where updating Microsoft redistributables can fix it.

If worse comes to worst, reinstalling the game and ensuring it's on the root of the drive might have an effect.

Wish I could offer more, but I've not personally dealt with the issue in TW3. I have a 2.1 setup.

This is a tough one, as different sound solutions will have different files and drivers and such. One things you can try which I find often works just fine is uninstalling any drivers and simply allowing Windows to auto-configure the device using UPnP. (That usually works with most hardware.) Third party drivers might offer features like reverb settings or artificial environments that I would argue aren't really that useful for most applications anyway, so there's no great loss in not installing the software.

This is also a place where updating Microsoft redistributables can fix it.

If worse comes to worst, reinstalling the game and ensuring it's on the root of the drive might have an effect.

Wish I could offer more, but I've not personally dealt with the issue in TW3. I have a 2.1 setup.
Thank you for your suggestions, I'll keep looking around, I may have to resort to creating a separate room correction profile for the game since these fixes online are for making sure all 6 channels which they do but half of them are at a 100% volume with the rest are around 20% .

Top Bottom